Bridgestone J815 Driver Review

This is going back in the bag next time out when I'm hitting driver again (when the Mini 1.5 review is done). I really need to give it another hard look, and this will decide if I send it off for a new paint job too.

Such a damn solid head.

Solid enough to put a #handcrafted shaft in it?

Solid enough to put a #handcrafted shaft in it?
Haha, who knows. Given what I have on the horizon this year though, probably not, that shaft will need an opti adapter.

This is going back in the bag next time out when I'm hitting driver again (when the Mini 1.5 review is done). I really need to give it another hard look, and this will decide if I send it off for a new paint job too.

Such a damn solid head.

Tomorrow is the day.

I'm excited to get it on course again.

I hit this silly well today. Still surprises me that its a 9.5 loft as well/high as I can hit it, and still makes me wish I had the 10.5 head instead. But I digress...

Was 8/12 on the times I pulled it from the bag on the 27 I played (hit the Mini 1.5 a good bit on the short holes so I didn't have to hit driver all day), and all were out there, great mid-high flight (I'd like a little higher, as I alluded too, just greed there) and frankly the square to slightly closed face is just a good fit for what I need the most right now, let me play a little tiny tiny fall off at the end fade today and I adore being able to play down the left side all day and just let that happen. Plus, I stil defend it as sounding a lot better than the J715, and it IS still the B'stone head "for the rest of us".

Its going to get a paint job as soon as another club has to be played in the driver spot for review or whatever, going to either go wild with a matte or eggshell lime, or it will be a matte or eggshell silver/black. Either way, the transformer look is going to go, though I didn't pay it any attention today.

Going to leave it in the bag this week, should mean about 5 more rounds.

I hit this silly well today. Still surprises me that its a 9.5 loft as well/high as I can hit it, and still makes me wish I had the 10.5 head instead. But I digress...

Was 8/12 on the times I pulled it from the bag on the 27 I played (hit the Mini 1.5 a good bit on the short holes so I didn't have to hit driver all day), and all were out there, great mid-high flight (I'd like a little higher, as I alluded too, just greed there) and frankly the square to slightly closed face is just a good fit for what I need the most right now, let me play a little tiny tiny fall off at the end fade today and I adore being able to play down the left side all day and just let that happen. Plus, I stil defend it as sounding a lot better than the J715, and it IS still the B'stone head "for the rest of us".

Its going to get a paint job as soon as another club has to be played in the driver spot for review or whatever, going to either go wild with a matte or eggshell lime, or it will be a matte or eggshell silver/black. Either way, the transformer look is going to go, though I didn't pay it any attention today.

Going to leave it in the bag this week, should mean about 5 more rounds.

I am more than stoked to put this in play this July. Honestly I think I'll get over the look pretty quickly if it performs like I think it will. I went with the 10.5 head as I like a nice high launch. Cannot wait!

I am more than stoked to put this in play this July. Honestly I think I'll get over the look pretty quickly if it performs like I think it will. I went with the 10.5 head as I like a nice high launch. Cannot wait!

You will love it Brett. Love.

This is the club I am most disappointed about not having in the bag for #THPLegacy, it will likely find its way into my bag at some point.

I may have to take a "close look" at this weapon!

I am looking forward to putting this club in the bag.

You and me both. I wish I had it right now!

This is the club I am most disappointed about not having in the bag for #THPLegacy, it will likely find its way into my bag at some point.
You went with the 715 instead? (smh...)

I may have to take a "close look" at this weapon!

I believe a 12* will be in Pitt with reg flex but I know there will be a stiff shaft that can be swapped in its place...let me contact a guy to confirm

Bridgestone J815 Driver Review

I believe a 12* will be in Pitt with reg flex but I know there will be a stiff shaft that can be swapped in its place...let me contact a guy to confirm

There will also be a 10.5 head in regular. That can also be tried in a different shaft.

Of all the clubs that they'll have at the Savannah Invitational, I'm most interested in hitting the J815. I've been thinking about doing the test drive, but I think I'll wait until August. Love everything I'm hearing about this one.

There will be a 12* head in Pitt with a reg and stiff shaft in my bag for anyone to hit

There will be a 12* head in Pitt with a reg and stiff shaft in my bag for anyone to hit

Awesome; I will likely take you up on this offer, sir; I miss this driver!

d0ccd35e6b6f2fe3c917663c294abd3c.jpg

Such a fun driver to hit & as long/forgiving as anything on the market right now.

such a good head. The better of the 2 they released this year, been saying that since Bridgestone U. It's just funny at how they went with the red grip to match(all other grips are yellow), and yet the shaft pairing just looks like it's thrown together in the dark.

such a good head. The better of the 2 they released this year, been saying that since Bridgestone U. It's just funny at how they went with the red grip to match(all other grips are yellow), and yet the shaft pairing just looks like it's thrown together in the dark.

By far and away the better imo.

Yeah, the blue on the shaft wigs me out.

It's OK, it'll be matte something soon enough. Lime is tempting.

Back