Rangefinder display failure

MPlefty

Reaction score
Handicap
So I borrowed my father in law's Bushnell V2 slope for a round because I was playing a course that wasn't mapped on my GPS.

now I remember him telling me he didn't like using it because he had issue seeing the number, I thought it was only a case of an older man not wanting to deal with technology so I didn't make anything of it.

so I get out with it and the display is messed up, some of the bars on the distance display are not showing so its very hard to see the distances, hard to see if its a 3 , an 8 or a 9...

is this a common occurrence? I know the unit is getting older and is not under warranty, but it has barely been used, I wonder if I should contact Bushnell on that.

You check the battery? Do all the menu screens show similar switching through them?

You check the battery? Do all the menu screens show similar switching through them?

I just put a brand new battery in it. the different modes seem to work fine

My first two rangefinders were Bushnells and both failed within 3 years for no apparent reason. One day they worked and the next time I went to pull them out of my bag they were dead. Neither was dropped or ever saw more than a dozen rainy days. Bushnell customer service offered zero help, they told me they were too expensive to fix and I would have to buy a new one. My next rangefinder was a Nikon I bought in 2000 and that one I sold to a buddy to get a newer smaller Nikon in 2004. Both still work perfectly. The last few years I've been using a Leupold IMO they make the best rangefinder.

Mine gets lines in it when the battery is about to go. Sounds like a spot or two is bad on the display...bummer

I tried it a bit more this morning as I was able to see some stuff a bit further, was supposed to read 177, it displayed 111... I need to contact bushnell about that.

I tried it a bit more this morning as I was able to see some stuff a bit further, was supposed to read 177, it displayed 111... I need to contact bushnell about that.

yeah that just doesnt seem right, and certainly it shouldnt be a task to read the number, hopefully they can take care of you.

yeah that just doesnt seem right, and certainly it shouldnt be a task to read the number, hopefully they can take care of you.

I'm not hoping for much though, I know its an older model, we'll see

Back