Monopoly Gets A Makeover

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
monopoly-gets-a-makeover-but-will-die-hard-fans-buy-it: Personal Finance News from Yahoo! Finance

05.jpg

Hmmm.........

Nope, doesnt do it for me, I like the original.

There switching over to atm banking too? Part of this game is teaching kids how to properly manage their money. I guess this will train another generation of those that learn how to unintentionally crash the economy. I'm not too happy about this revamp of a classic.

i don't like it much either. circles aren't great shapes for gaming boards, they don't define sitting areas and i love my bubble.

they just ruined my favorite board game. :angry:

What part of, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" can't they understand?

-JP

• Admin
What part of, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" can't they understand?

-JP

It was broken. Their sales were the lowest they have ever been in 2009.

They need a Monopoly Golf Version...instead of streets, you can purchase golf courses, how cool would that be?!?!?

They probably have one. There's about fifty versions.

The new one stinks. I hate that round board. The cool thing about Monopoly is through the years you gather up money and games pieces from several games. We have one with with about $300,000 dollars in it. LOL.

Kevin

Oh hell no...

They probably have one. There's about fifty versions.

The new one stinks. I hate that round board. The cool thing about Monopoly is through the years you gather up money and games pieces from several games. We have one with with about $300,000 dollars in it. LOL.

Kevin

Sounds like the Bernie Madoff edition!

Did they include stimulas packages? I don't blame them for keeping it updated, but wonder how far they will go. If they start talking a Global Currency I'm officially worried, lol.

It was broken. Their sales were the lowest they have ever been in 2009.

Is that just for Monopoly or for board games in general?

The reason I ask is because with all of the electronic gadgets out there these days, I just can't see a whole lot of people sitting around playing "traditional" board games. So the decline in popularity of a game like Monopoly wouldn't surprise me.

-JP

Is that just for Monopoly or for board games in general?

The reason I ask is because with all of the electronic gadgets out there these days, I just can't see a whole lot of people sitting around playing "traditional" board games. So the decline in popularity of a game like Monopoly wouldn't surprise me.

-JP

Bingo!! Who the hell sits around anymore playing board games? Now days it's Wii or whatever else is out there.

That is NOT Monopoly.:bad:

That is certainly interesting. I like it as a novelty Monopoly board, but I would hate that to be the standard.

A round Monopoly board...............hmmmmmm. My son in law collect Monopoly games. Pretty sure he does not have one of those.

I think the most disturbing part is the fact that they eliminated the banker position. That was a great way for kids to learn how to do math. Now they just use debit and ATM cards? This will not be helping kids learn money management. I know it's just a game but I swear monopoly taught me how to properly allocate my funds.

Keep in mind, GG was banker so she could cheat.

Back