Hello From the New Guy...

ReallyBad

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum and back playing golf after a 20 year hiatus. Boy am I rusty, actually beyond rusty, really bad. Hence the moniker. That said, I was never that great a golfer but terribly interested with some potential, unbridled of course. Why did I stop playing? The usual reasons, career demands, supporting a family, general lack of time...

For some reason, in 2017 at age 50, I got the golf-bug. Don't know how, but it emerged, out of nowhere. Perhaps because retirement is approaching and the family is grown. I went to a local pro-shop and quickly became overwhelmed. The equipment changes and objective measurements that have occurred in the last 20 years are tremendous. Lost in a black-hole of time, I might as well be shopping on Neptune. The Pro recognized this and held my hand.

So, all geeked up with a mish-mash of clubs, I go out to the driving range with my teen daughter. What bliss! Golf balls flying in all directions, some even straight, a few were monsters. Now she has the bug too. The plan is lessons for both of us and possibly the wife, who doesn't share the bug but finds the social aspects alluring. Born again, I shall open my wallet to the Gods of Golf! And start shaking.

After all that, yesterday on the range, I tear my right intercostal muscle trying to kill the ball with bad technique. To be 26 again! Nope, ain't gonna happen! Clearly the days of streaking and cart jumping are over. So humbled and numb with Celebrex, I'm out for a few weeks, ready to jump my balding, overweight self back into the game like a new age Don Quixote. My family, Sancho Panza-like, to follow.

Really, it's back to basics for me. Forgiving is the theme. Goals are consistency and accuracy. Lessons are in the works. No rush. This time around learning the game right and respectfully is paramount. I believe this forum and the good people associated with it can help tremendously. Thank you in advance.

Great intro. Haha...welcome!

Welcome to the forum. For the record no body here cares how good or bad you are, all that matters is that you love the game.

Welcome to THP.

Welcome

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Welcome to THP. You're going to fit right in.

Hello and welcome!

Great to hear that the golf bug bit you again, but apparently too hard..get better soon!

:welcome:

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP and back to golf :D

Welcome to THP

Welcome to THP!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome!!

welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!!

Welcome!

Welcome to THP!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk