Disney Golf this Sunday

jim54

must be the shafts
Reaction score
Handicap
I will be staying in a Villa this Sat. and Sunday and plan to play a Disney Course Sunday morning, any locals want to join in? Let me know what you think and I will book it tomorrow or Thursday.

No real preference on which Course but would like to go off early before 8 to get done early and beat the Heat.

i'm probably out jim. don't think weekend golf is in the cards for me for awhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i'm probably out jim. don't think weekend golf is in the cards for me for awhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry to hear that, I am not married to a Disney Course if that matters to anyone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Ended up going out as a single yesterday at 10:52 on the Magnolia Course, I expected it to be slow but the 3 hour 1st nine was brutal (started on 10). They pulled the 2 groups ahead of us at the turn and sent them to the Palms and the last nine was right at 2 hours.

The Greens were very fast and hard, even very high approach shots would not leave a mark. The Fairways were OK, the drought we have been in has affected even Disney and it showed in places. Not a bad value overall and I was paired up with 3 guys from Tampa surprisingly, all pretty good Golfers and one guy was scary long with several drives over 300 and a couple over 350 by the cart GPS.

I wanted to test my game and see where it is when playing an "away" Course, well I will be at the range everyday possible from now to The Gauntlet. The 1st nine was shameful and I suspected it was going to be rough when on the range I could not seem to hit one decent shot with any club.

Note to self...do not drink large amounts of Titos and stay up late before The Gauntlet rounds.....I am old and do not bounce back like I used too.

But stayed at it and parred 18 (started on the back) and then parred the next 4 holes and played the back a lot better, the last 3 holes where downwind and my 3 best drives of the day with 261, 264, 258 not bad for a geezer.

Putting was a challenge and on these extremely fast greens it was easy to have a 5-8 ft come back putt or worst. Made a couple long ones and quite few of the come back putts so that was good for the confidence.

wish i could have made it! although the only other time i played disney i swore it off because of pace of play.

Back