Playing W/ THPers - It's Just That Much Better

Yeah SkiBum that course is badass!!

To this day Tobiano (course pictured) is my favorite course that I've ever played. Its so beautiful and such a freaking test.

I did a course review on Tobiano, Ryan and I were snapping pictures like mad and for good reason. The course was stunning to say the least.

To this day Tobiano (course pictured) is my favorite course that I've ever played. Its so beautiful and such a freaking test.

#understatement

I imagine it's tough enough in calm conditions. In 20-30mph winds? Fuhgeddaboudit. Absolutely stunningly beautiful course though.

Had another awesome round on Sunday with e1iterate the other day at a darn good municipal course (Old Fort in Murfreesboro) that neither of us had played before. JDax decided he was more interested in getting married than golfing with us, so he missed out. :)

Had another awesome round on Sunday with e1iterate the other day at a darn good municipal course (Old Fort in Murfreesboro) that neither of us had played before. JDax decided he was more interested in getting married than golfing with us, so he missed out. :)

Enjoyed it! Can't wait to tee it up with you again soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JaysFan and SkiBum are two awesome guys to play with. I have been wanting to play with a couple of guys from the pnw gang and I loved every second of it. Well worth the drive.

JaysFan and SkiBum are two awesome guys to play with. I have been wanting to play with a couple of guys from the pnw gang and I loved every second of it. Well worth the drive.

Same goes for you, it was a pleasure to meet you. I enjoyed our talk that night, hope I did not keep you up too long talking. You are easy to relate with as we both share similarities and I respected your advice highly. Many thanks

Played a nice round today w sparksjr and TrueFX. Good time! Rancey has some pics I believe.

Sorry I missed it... I don't know if e1iterate told you but, I've added the term "wade golf" to our lexicon... This is used when I'm faced with a shot that I have no reason to attempt to pull off (but try anyway)... When it goes bad I say, "why can't I ever play wade golf"... Wade golf= Smart golf....

Dax

Had a blast yesterday morning playing with Ryan (Skibum)! Course was MINT, sun was out, and the wind was blowing hard enough to make every shot interesting. Slow play was prevalent but thank goodness for great company or I'd have lost my mind.
Quote of the day came from Skibum as we were waiting on a par 3 tee box. I had my laser rangefinder out and was watching the group ahead as they took seemingly forever to putt out.
Ryan: "What do we got?"
Me: "Well they've got the pin out but I can shoot that big guy in the front if you like."
Ryan: "Well that might speed these clowns up!"

An oldy but goody, with perfect delivery haha.

Had a blast yesterday morning playing with Ryan (Skibum)! Course was MINT, sun was out, and the wind was blowing hard enough to make every shot interesting. Slow play was prevalent but thank goodness for great company or I'd have lost my mind.
Quote of the day came from Skibum as we were waiting on a par 3 tee box. I had my laser rangefinder out and was watching the group ahead as they took seemingly forever to putt out.
Ryan: "What do we got?"
Me: "Well they've got the pin out but I can shoot that big guy in the front if you like."
Ryan: "Well that might speed these clowns up!"

An oldy but goody, with perfect delivery haha.

I'm here all week :D

Always have a blast playing with you brother. Love watching you play that well, hopefully I'm joining you with some decent play soon enough! Weather was gorgeous, and hey, what would NoBel be without ripping wind? The summer brings LONG hay grass in past the regular cut of rough, and that stuff eats some serious balls (each of us lost at least a couple in that crap)..

Another source of comedy, courtesy the wind: Henry, our older Chinese playing partner, had his umbrella up in the wind, I'm guessing to keep the sun off, on the 10th green as he was about to hit his chip. The wind grabs onto his umbrella, inflates it, and it's off to the races - starts ripping straight down the middle of the fairway back towards the tee, and Henry takes off sprinting to catch it. Ohhh dear haha

Local gatherings are fun, but a THP event easily shows how much fun it is to play with THPers. Played two rounds this weekend with a bunch a great guys and to top it off their SOs who were just as cool.

Playing W/ THPers - It's Just That Much Better

Local gatherings are fun, but a THP event easily shows how much fun it is to play with THPers. Played two rounds this weekend with a bunch a great guys and to top it off their SOs who were just as cool.

No doubt. We get the best of both worlds in less than two weeks. An official THP event with several of our local guys (and lady) attending.

The title of the thread says it all. You just can't beat it. So much laughter on & off the course.

Didn't get to tee it up with Russtopher, but he and I did catch lunch yesterday while I was cooped up in Providence. Russ is good people, hope we can tee it up sometime in the future.

Played with mooseja + wife and chopstixxx at chestnut hill for a scramble tournament. With a -9 third place, I don't remember ever having this much fun in such poor weather conditions. ( 50 degrees and rain) It is just better with thpers and company.

Playing with THPers is just flat out amazing. The first time I was able to get out and play with THPers was the OH/MI grudge match last year and I have to say It was what kept me coming back. To not know a single person and just be welcomed in to all of it with open arms and smiles by everyone there. Just one of the MANY things that makes THP so amazing in my book. I have been able to make a few other times out with some THPers and it has always been a blast. wouldn't trade it for anything. need to get out again and soon with some THPers.

Playing with THPers is just flat out amazing. The first time I was able to get out and play with THPers was the OH/MI grudge match last year and I have to say It was what kept me coming back. To not know a single person and just be welcomed in to all of it with open arms and smiles by everyone there. Just one of the MANY things that makes THP so amazing in my book. I have been able to make a few other times out with some THPers and it has always been a blast. wouldn't trade it for anything. need to get out again and soon with some THPers.

You're just lucky we won that day. If we hadn't, the newbie was getting all the blame. :angel:

Got to play with JDax (as usual) and Wadesworld today! Always a blast golfing with Wade! Enjoyed it greatly.

Had an AWESOME time yesterday with Skibum, Checkered, and DrRosenRosen. The course was super tough and gimmicky and kicked most of us in the nuts, but many laughs were had and fun was the name of the game.

I think my favorite part of playing with THPers is the pre-round range warmup. Club swapping, comparing, laughing, and pondering for an hour or so with no pressure is just so much fun. This is followed closely by the post-round meal...it's just special.

Robman7 and I were fortunate enough to tee it up with Canadan and amart on their way home from pitt today. Played a rough course called the quarry.
And as usual had a blast. Great group of guys to tee it up with...never a dull moment.

Robman7 and I were fortunate enough to tee it up with Canadan and amart on their way home from pitt today. Played a rough course called the quarry.
And as usual had a blast. Great group of guys to tee it up with...never a dull moment.
Haha dude its always a trip. I need to find a way to stop having my ball dive away from the cup at the last second.

Also... "ugh... grabbed the wrong club. Oh god the cart is all the way over there..... *thwack* hahahahaha I'm bad... (carries onto green) hahahahaha I'm awesome! "

It's never ever a dull round with 441!

After all this time on THP, I FINALLY got in a round with another member! TeedUpThoughts invited me down to his home course in RI for a round, and it was an absolute blast. The weather was great, the drinks were cold, and some of our shots were fantastic. The other ones... eh, not so much :D It's all good though, I can't wait to tee it up with Ray again, and I definitely look forward to teeing it up with some more THPers ASAP.

Had the pleasure and honor to play with a coupla THPers today at a great course that was new to two us. Pumbaa, Trout Bum and I had a great time and plenty of good shots were had by us all to keep us entertained. The only downside was an unusual brutally hot day that whooped us all.

Back