LPGA To Let Fans Decide

IceyShanks

NiceyThanks
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Man the LPGA just gets it, well done by then to have the fans vote for the final spot!

I think I will need to see some pictures to make an informed decision.

Man the LPGA just gets it, well done by then to have the fans vote for the final spot!

I'm not going to lie, I don't really like it. So is Blair O'Neal going to win because she is pretty?

I'm not going to lie, I don't really like it. So is Blair O'Neal going to win because she is pretty?

At least she can compete (Made the cut and finished 62nd at Omega Dubai Ladies Masters) and she is a well known face because of the Golf Channel (along with being attractive).

It's why I'm voting for her. haha

At least she can compete (Made the cut and finished 62nd at Omega Dubai Ladies Masters) and she is a well known face because of the Golf Channel (along with being attractive).

we have different ideas on competing I guess. Esp since Carly Booth finished just 10 strokes better in a T23 spot.

We think the same way here. Its quite a joke.

it's awful. There are players out there who are trying to make a living on tour. Blair O'Neal is not really one of those. I get it, it's a sponsors exemption, but still it's a complete farce to me.

I understand it was going to become a popularity/beauty contest, but I like the fact that they open things up like this to the fans, it creates great buzz and engagement with the event/tour.

it's awful. There are players out there who are trying to make a living on tour. Blair O'Neal is not really one of those. I get it, it's a sponsors exemption, but still it's a complete farce to me.

Precisely. PRECISELY.

Carly Booth all the way! Having a popularity contest to get into events is ridiculous, and not a good way to legitimize the hard work these ladies put into their game.

we have different ideas on competing I guess. Esp since Carly Booth finished just 10 strokes better in a T23 spot.

I think making the cut and making money is competing, especially for someone that doesn't play regularly. That being said, I don't think it's fair to take a spot away from an eligible player either. All-in-all, still probably a better choice than Paige Spiranac.

I understand it was going to become a popularity/beauty contest, but I like the fact that they open things up like this to the fans, it creates great buzz and engagement with the event/tour.

does it? I mean the tour has had to get creative with things in the past and done some stuff really well. This to me comes off as a cheap sex sells thing. How does this add any credibility to the tour?

Carly Booth all the way! Having a popularity contest to get into events is ridiculous, and not a good way to legitimize the hard work these ladies put into their game.

10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000% Agree

does it? I mean the tour has had to get creative with things in the past and done some stuff really well. This to me comes off as a cheap sex sells thing. How does this add any credibility to the tour?

I just googled Carly Booth even though I know who she is and is by far the better golfer of the two. I think her and her pics give Blair a run for her money in the sexy department.

Credibility -NONE!!!

Engagement and buzz- quite a bit.

Honest question. Then why hasn't Blair O'Neal been lobbying for "playing time" leading up to this.
I can't stand it personally. Im fine getting fans input, in fact I am 100% for it. But give it to players that are actually trying to compete.

Honest question. Then why hasn't Blair O'Neal been lobbying for "playing time" leading up to this.
I can't stand it personally. Im fine getting fans input, in fact I am 100% for it. But give it to players that are actually trying to compete.
I understand what you're saying and getting at, she was the one person on the list I cringed at!

I mean The Rock of all people was getting into the mix on it!

I get how the voting right away screams sex sells but since its a sponsors exemption I don't see this any different than when a guy like John Daly who hadn't legitimately competed for years gets a spot because a lot of people liked him.

For the record I voted for Booth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get how the voting right away screams sex sells but since its a sponsors exemption I don't see this any different than when a guy like John Daly who hadn't legitimately competed for years gets a spot because a lot of people liked him.

John Daly, while he is a POS, is still a two-time major champion and won 5 times on tour. He earned the right to ask or compete for sponsors exemptions WAY more than Blair, and that's not even close.

And now I hate you for making me speak kindly about JD. You a bad man Ginger Pete

There's no difference, that is a joke too. Both sideshow acts.

This is such a slap in the face to all the other hard working Ladies on the Tour.
A popularity contest? Really?

LPGA is either desperate or stupid, maybe both.

John Daly, while he is a POS, is still a two-time major champion and won 5 times on tour. He earned the right to ask or compete for sponsors exemptions WAY more than Blair, and that's not even close.

And now I hate you for making me speak kindly about JD. You a bad man Ginger Pete

I get that at one point he competed at a high level but he had many years where he was a joke and did not deserve to be out there as much as he was. I would even say Blaire has a better chance at being competitive than JD ever did over the last 10years or so where he was getting numerous exemptions.

I know you are a secret JD fanboy.

I get that at one point he competed at a high level but he had many years where he was a joke and did not deserve to be out there as much as he was. I would even say Blaire has a better chance at being competitive than JD ever did over the last 10years or so where he was getting numerous exemptions.

I know you are a secret JD fanboy.

I have a JD tattoo. He did have a top 10 and top 25 in 2015. 2012 he rocked it with another top 10 and 4 top 25's. Dude was a baller, leave him alone.

Embrace the circus, gentlemen! Nicolett, Benavides, and Booth play the sex card as well as O'Neal... although some with more athletic talent. Why not open this up to a play in amateur?

Back