• 2 - switch it up when one of them goes south

Votes: 22 27.5%
  • 3+ - I'm a putter junkie

Votes: 18 22.5%

• Total voters

TrojanMan

Reaction score
Handicap
I just posted about this in the Ping Sigma G thread, but it got me thinking......

I have a new Spider Red, so I'm not looking for another putter. But I've always liked the look/feel/simplicity of Ping putters. And every time I walk through the PGA store or Roger Dunn's, I end up grabbing a couple putters and rolling some putts. It's usually some random putters, but lately, I've found myself grabbing the Sigma G Anser each time. And even though I haven't been a blade guy.....ever, really......I really like this putter. Almost makes me want to get one and keep it in the garage. If/when I go through a rough patch with my spider, switch to the Anser.....and back and forth whenever I get into a funk with one of them.

So back to the first sentence in this thread, how many of you rotate through putters like that, versus sticking with one and powering through the dry spells?

I had the same Odyssey putter for years. I did just switch it out for a Nike Method, with only 2 rounds under my belt I will most likely use it moving forward.

I am a reformed putter junkie. I used to rotate quite a bit, but consistency suffered.

I'll rotate between 2 -3 of them when I lose confidence in my Scotty. Just to change things up. No more than 2 or 3 though.

Have 7 and they all get use on the course. Have said countless times that I am going to stick with one for a year but that goes away quickly after a subpar putting round...

Guilty, usually 2 or 3, but not more. Never less than 2

Have 7 and they all get use on the course. Have said countless times that I am going to stick with one for a year but that goes away quickly after a subpar putting round...

Nice! Are you able to put one back in play and be comfortable right away? I feel like if I switched putters, I'd have a handful of awful putting performances, because I'd be used to the speed on whichever one I had been using before.

Nice! Are you able to put one back in play and be comfortable right away? I feel like if I switched putters, I'd have a handful of awful putting performances, because I'd be used to the speed on whichever one I had been using before.
Really do not notice a difference in performance from going one to another. I can putt well or poorly with each and every one of them! Haha

i had used one putter for 44 years, a Ben Hogan 1415, it was replaced in Dec of 16 by the Toulon San Diego ( also known as the Maddog 701 to some) pretty sure this will be my putter for the next 44 years!

Ok so I now have 10 putters. The Ping 1-A and the Acushnet Bullseye are played at random. I have the Rossi Dual Force bc 2 of the guys I play with have one. The Anser 2 was my main go to until recently but a 2 Ball is currently vying for that spot. I guess I have a putter acquisition problem! Lol Tim

All of them will get on the course through the year. So, 20+? Hahahaha

I voted 1, but my Truroll is a cylinder on a shaft. I'll very often switch between left and right handed so you could argue I use 2. And yes, I'll switch in the middle of a round. I'm very close to switching to right handed on long putts and lefty anything inside 20 feet.

I have 3 Scotty's that are in the rotation

I swap out all the time. I love putters too much to only use 1. Any strokes I lose on the course are not due to changing putters...it's all the other strokes before the green that add up.

I do this st my peril

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haven't touched another putter since last year when I got my 2135.

I switch when I lose feel. I know it's me but sometimes it gets me back on track!

3+ for me. I have 4 in the rotation at the moment. In no particular order:

1. Odyssey Jailbird
2. Odyssey Jailbird Mini
3. Toulon Memphis
4. Lajosi Bayzie

Alternating Putters

i try to stick to one. it doesn't make much sense to me to rotate. that said, i have 3 right now with legitimate shots at making the bag. time will tell.

1. cleveland tfi 2135 1.0
2. odyssey rsx 001
3. scotty studio style newport

3+ for me. Right on the number at 3 more so right now, but I do have another I will most likely put in play at least once this year. Using one putter for more than a couple rounds in a row is hard for me haha, but I may just keep doing it for the time being, as my current putter is working really well.

I am on year 3 with my current putter. Still love it just like the day I received it.

It works for me, and I have confidence with it.

I do buy others from time to time, but none seem to knock my gamer out of its position.

I've always tried to stick to one until recently. Only 2 right now but different feel. Slowly will expand this collection soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Historically I've been #2, but this year my goal was to pick a putter and stick with it. So far, I've stuck to my goal. We'll see what happens when I go through a run of bad putting.

Depending on the course I'm playing and whether the greens are fast or slow, I will rotate out 3-4 putters. Only takes a few rolls on the course to get used to them again.

Back