The Official 2015 MLB Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are just a well oiled machine, great combination of payroll, great leadership and a loaded farm system the last few years. It reminds me of what the Rays could have been with a little money to spend.

Might want to tap the breaks on the great leadership part of that. Wow if true:

Cardinals Hack Astros

CHoaf73VAAEhgyc.jpg

I will wait for more info to come out.. but that is certainly unfortunate if true.

Watching all of the latest reports as they happen via TV in the office, this story is actually pretty fascinating.
Question I ask, is how often does this happen on smaller scales...And could you imagine if it was the Patriots? :D

Watching all of the latest reports as they happen via TV in the office, this story is actually pretty fascinating.
Question I ask, is how often does this happen on smaller scales...And could you imagine if it was the Patriots? :D

I imagine that is who they learned this trick from.

Legality aside, if the Cardinals were able to get in using a master list of passwords used by Luhnow while he was with the Cardinals, shame on Luhnow.

Well this certainly doesnt look good, especially considering they can link it directly to the house people lived in

This is pretty fascinating stuff. Thanks Domino on CNBC for more info.

Biggest sports scandal ever potentially....least since the Black Soxs? Seriously.

Can you imagine if it comes out that Houston had discussions with Atlanta, Jason Heyward's name came up out of nowhere, and St. Louis acted on the fact that it suddenly knew he might be available?

Biggest sports scandal ever potentially....least since the Black Soxs? Seriously.

Can you imagine if it comes out that Houston had discussions with Atlanta, Jason Heyward's name came up out of nowhere, and St. Louis acted on the fact that it suddenly knew he might be available?

Who knows. Need for the full investigation to come out before I decide. Either way it isn't good

Ya think so? I wont go that far. I think its a new age type of scandal for sure.
Im hoping its all being blown up by the "media" because St Louis has such a great fan base, but there is at least a bit of fire, with all of this smoke.

Who knows. Need for the full investigation to come out before I decide. Either way it isn't good

Not saying this is you, but I find it hilarious the same people that say "lets wait and see what comes out of this" are the same people that immediately got out their pitchforks on the Patriots. Not directing this at you Taylor.

Not saying this is you, but I find it hilarious the same people that say "lets wait and see what comes out of this" are the same people that immediately got out their pitchforks on the Patriots. Not directing this at you Taylor.

No I get it. Honestly I think they are probably guilty, just wondering how guilty, who did it, etc.

Welcome to the world of sports. See any college football program in the nation. :D

Ya think so? I wont go that far. I think its a new age type of scandal for sure.
Im hoping its all being blown up by the "media" because St Louis has such a great fan base, but there is at least a bit of fire, with all of this smoke.

Said potentially, just depends on what kind of information was discovered, not just on the Astros but potentially every team they have talked to about players, drafts, etc. that then played a role in a player the Cardinals acquired or a move they made. But with that being said, with the FBI involved, it's going to be very hard to have anything swept under the rug now.

Said potentially, just depends on what kind of information was discovered, not just on the Astros but potentially every team they have talked to about players, drafts, etc. that then played a role in a player the Cardinals acquired or a move they made. But with that being said, with the FBI involved, it's going to be very hard to have anything swept under the rug now.

I would say that anytime the govt is involved, they can get stuff swept under the rug (see IRS)...hehe
I believe we are seeing the modern warfare of sports. I also believe that despite the information available, it would not be anywhere near as problematic as performance enhancing drugs were viewed as because it impacted so many other aspects.

But this should be dealt with swiftly.

The part that's weird is it's the Cardinals hacking the Astros. It's like the Patriots hacking the Buccaneers or the US hacking Nicaragua. I realize the Astros are doing well this season but still...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The part that's weird is it's the Cardinals hacking the Astros. It's like the Patriots hacking the Buccaneers or the US hacking Nicaragua. I realize the Astros are doing well this season but still...

The Astros GM came from St Louis. Sounds like it's more personal than anything else.

I know the Cardinals are mired in controversy, but they continue to win. Another one today bringing them 22 games over .500

I believe the tie is the old GM or president that went from the Cards to the Astros and apparently not on good terms but might be wrong.

Does the government have anything else to deal with? Why are they involved with sports. This is going to sucks for St Louis. Shouldn't be cheating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back