Cobra Fly-Z+ Forged Irons

I really like the look of these...I don't know if my game can handle them since they are more of a players iron...the KBS website said I'd fit into a Tour-V S or X flex...I would be shocked if I was actually fit into an X flex

ddec you're on my list now.

ddec you're on my list now.

not sure I like being on that list. Unless it's a list of people you have taken many selfies with.

Am I right that these are competitors to the AP2's?

Am I right that these are competitors to the AP2's?

I would say so. I would throw these in line with the AP2, Pro Combo, XR Pro type of iron.

buddy of mine should have these soon, built by cobra tour van guys, along with some custom wedges they built and ground to his specs. sometimes in life it's not what you know, it's who you know! he currently plays the ap2s, so i'll be curious to hit these side-by-side with his ap2s.

Thanks for those pix ddec. They look much better with the in hand photos. Kinda wish I had the game to enjoy them.

Aren't the Fly-Z Pro's the player irons and these are more like the Apex?

I would say the Fly-Z Pros are more like the Apex MB, and the Fly-Z+ is more like the Apex Pro.

These will still be quite demanding in my book. Especially compared to how easy the game is made with the irons I have been playing. I would say the apex irons and not quite in the same category. Apex will be more forgiving and have more offset.

In played Amp Forged. These are the replacement for that line. Ap2, Apex Pro competitor.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I need these in hand at some point. IMO, the AMP Forged remain THE best iron set Cobra has released, and if not for the Orange I'd have owned them. These, these just look to me like they need to be put to work.

Hoping THP gets all the iron releases in this year from Cobra, some very interesting lines.

I need these in hand at some point. IMO, the AMP Forged remain THE best iron set Cobra has released, and if not for the Orange I'd have owned them. These, these just look to me like they need to be put to work.

Hoping THP gets all the iron releases in this year from Cobra, some very interesting lines.

i think they did a very good job on the design, lot of tech without seeing it.

Jman, I own the AMP Forged and I agree with your take that they are the best iron Cobra has ever released. I have seen the Fly-Z+ in hand and they ARE the AMP Forged without the orange. They are gorgeous, IMO! Serious ponder!

I held these in hand today and waggled them. Then I held them next to the AMP Forged which I still think is my FAVORITE cobra iron by a landslide but I never bought bc of the orange (I hit them at a LOT of THP events though), and I realized I need them.

Seriously, I want time with these as soon as humanly possible. I've not been this emphatic about finding a way to spend time with a set of irons like this since the VPC's.

I held these in hand today and waggled them. Then I held them next to the AMP Forged which I still think is my FAVORITE cobra iron by a landslide but I never bought bc of the orange (I hit them at a LOT of THP events though), and I realized I need them.

Seriously, I want time with these as soon as humanly possible. I've not been this emphatic about finding a way to spend time with a set of irons like this since the VPC's.

They look so much better in person too IMO. Super impressed with everything about them. Huge ponder has been activated with these, but may take a year or two until price drops for me to pull the trigger on them. Right up there with the Bridgestone CB's for me.

They look so much better in person too IMO. Super impressed with everything about them. Huge ponder has been activated with these, but may take a year or two until price drops for me to pull the trigger on them. Right up there with the Bridgestone CB's for me.

did you hit them? I loved the feeling. good feedback, though not "buttery." nice rising, penetrating flight. I just couldn't get everything out of the shafts. with the right shaft, I'd game these in a heartbeat. and there's really nothing else on the market that I'm interested in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

did you hit them? I loved the feeling. good feedback, though not "buttery." nice rising, penetrating flight. I just couldn't get everything out of the shafts. with the right shaft, I'd game these in a heartbeat. and there's really nothing else on the market that I'm interested in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea I hit them a decent amount on Saturday while they were taking my clubs from the car to the cart. Loved the feeling of them and I actually have a fairly similar shaft in my irons, so they felt great to me

Last edited:
9092d6903aa332c1c9225141f3a017fa.jpg

8f3d08a13e69590898adde9f904f1464.jpg

c16fc514df77cd66ff0008ac0b072394.jpg

I ordered a 4-GW set of these over three weeks ago -- KBS Tour V X soft-Stepped one time, 1 degree up. I was told it would be a few weeks and that the 4 and GW heads were back ordered. Hopefully, they arrive soon. Getting antsy...

Very nice JB, have you hit them?

Very nice JB, have you hit them?

There was an entire event called Love Is In The Air in Orlando with THPers, the R&D team from Cobra and they were out there. Tons of THPers hit them and got to talk and play golf with the people that created them.

I know some dont pay much attention to the THP Events, but things like this one are a dream come true for any golfer. I mean testing the equipment and playing it with the people that created it and spending the entire weekend with them at a resort.

this were a pleasure to hit. high launching, penetrating flight. it wasn't the same feel as other forged irons, but it wasn't bad. i would like to try these with other shafts to see what the effect on flight is and if the feel changes.

The FlyZ+ irons are some of the best feeling irons I've hit. Great feel at impact. Love the ball flight too. I wish I had more time with these but I will make it a point to hit them the next time I'm at a golf Galaxy. Very impressive

One thing to add too, the way these look at address is phenomenal. Not too small, very nice looking top line and I love how these look in general

Back