The GoPro & Action Cam Thread

Second time using my GoPro in the course. The video is a bit cheesy but I've got some new ideas that I want to utilize on the course. :)

Enjoy! Keep in mind, we're not that great at golf, but we love it just as much as anyone! LOL

https://youtu.be/reW3XE1DetA

P.S. I'm the one in the red/pink shirt... and yes.. I duffed it.. like a loser.. and lost my match play against a friend by one hole... HAHAHA.

Never mind the golf, the music is good and you guys look like you're having fun. Thanks for sharing
Second time using my GoPro in the course. The video is a bit cheesy but I've got some new ideas that I want to utilize on the course. :)

Enjoy! Keep in mind, we're not that great at golf, but we love it just as much as anyone! LOL

P.S. I'm the one in the red/pink shirt... and yes.. I duffed it.. like a loser.. and lost my match play against a friend by one hole... HAHAHA.

Interested in the new Session model. Claims a close to a 2 hour battery life versus just over an hour or less with the standard models, even with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on. Plus the size is pretty sweet.

That was great.

Nice video. Looks like you guys had a blast.

I felt your pain on that duff from here man.

A few tee shots from today:

nice deal over on amazon:

GoPro HERO4 BLACK Prime Bundle

List Price:
$691.94
Price:
$655.44 Free Shipping for Prime Members
With Deal:
$499.99 Free Shipping for Prime Members

• GoPro HERO4 BLACK 4K Action Camera
  • GoPro LCD Touch BacPac (Camera Not Included)
  • Wasabi Power Battery (2-Pack) and Dual Charger for GoPro HERO4 and GoPro AHDBT-401, AHBBP-401 (with Car and US Plug)
  • AmazonBasics Head Strap Camera Mount for GoPro
  • AmazonBasics GoPro Carrying Case - Small
  • Lexar High-Performance MicroSDHC 633x 32GB UHS-I/U3 (Up to 95MB/s Read) w/USB 3.0 Reader Flash Memory Card LSDMI32GBBNL633R

http://smile.amazon.com/dp/B010OSWF...X7QD9V&pf_rd_i=11448061011&pf_rd_p=2130252862

just two worth keeping today:

Just wondering whether some of the more experienced can give me some pointers. I have just got a GoPro Hero 4 Black and so far it appears to be a decent piece of kit. I've read a few threads about using the GoPro with golf and was mucking about on the course today.

Many question is which setting do you find best to get decent stills?

i tried the burst however that's not always ideal when you're on your own. I then tried the time lapse which works however even with the quickest setting I.e. 0.5 seconds I tend to miss the action unless I 'film' numerous swings until the timing is right. I have also tried taking stills from a recorded video. I'm just not sure of which set up gives the best results.

Many pointers would be gratefully received!!

Just wondering whether some of the more experienced can give me some pointers. I have just got a GoPro Hero 4 Black and so far it appears to be a decent piece of kit. I've read a few threads about using the GoPro with golf and was mucking about on the course today.

Many question is which setting do you find best to get decent stills?

i tried the burst however that's not always ideal when you're on your own. I then tried the time lapse which works however even with the quickest setting I.e. 0.5 seconds I tend to miss the action unless I 'film' numerous swings until the timing is right. I have also tried taking stills from a recorded video. I'm just not sure of which set up gives the best results.

Many pointers would be gratefully received!!

1080p/60 is a good setup and works good with slow mo. 720 isn't bad either.

If you have the Black 4 you would get the best stills from video shot at the 4k setting IMO. Stills from my 3+ silver at 1080p/60 are not very good

Thanks for the responses!

I did think that 4K would give the best stills however the frame rate is half of say 1080 so when you're trying to film a swing I would assume harder to capture it?

Are there any settings that would compare with the 240 fps slo mo on an iphone 6?

the hero 4 black does 720p in 240. thats as close as you will get

Dude that sucks!

Tap Talking my way thru the World of golf!

2nd attempt at editing/making video with my GoPro Hero 4. Tried a few more things this time, some slow mo portions mixed within a normal moving clip and a few different things while taking the video. Anyways, thanks for watching!

Strong video Nate, thanks for sharing
2nd attempt at editing/making video with my GoPro Hero 4. Tried a few more things this time, some slow mo portions mixed within a normal moving clip and a few different things while taking the video. Anyways, thanks for watching!

just watched it nate. That video was really well done. Looked like the family had a blast.

Nice job Nate, fun watch!

Great job Nate. Loved the video

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome video Nate! Looks like you have the hang of it now.

Tap Talking my way thru the World of golf!

Back