Super Stroke Putter grips all you want to know

I've had a 2.0 on my X3 since I got it, but a buddy gave me a flatso that he took off and I'm deciding if I should try it or stick with what's been working. My only other putter is a white hot xg #1 which might not be a good test since I've switched to a center shafted mallet style and really comfortable with it.

Any recommendations on which SuperStroke to add to a new Daytona 12 putter...???

Hard to tell, just like the putter itself the grip can be just as personal. I personally like the flatso 1.0 and ss2r, the new square one.

I'm sitting on a black/silver 3.0 waiting to find a putter to put it on.

I'm sitting on a black/silver 3.0 waiting to find a putter to put it on.

That's exactly what I have, and I love it. You will too!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's exactly what I have, and I love it. You will too!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have the old Slim Lite on my SeeMore and used a 55 gram oversize Grip Master last year so the 3.0 is the size and weight I become the most comfortable with.

I have the SS2R grip waiting to be put on my SeeMore FGP. I recently switched to left hand low and had 32 putts last round. I think this technique, putter, and now grip will be the ultimate combo for me. I use the Flatso Ultra now and love SuperStroke grips.

I feel all special. Hehe

I have the 1.0's on 7 of my putters. I won't use anything else, its just perfect for me.
Sorry to be joining the party so late.

I honestly have not read the over 1000 responses but I hope someone could shed some light.

I'm very interested in changing my putter grip to a super stroke. Unfortunately in the golf store the only have the grips on half shafts. So I can't even take a few practice strokes with the different sizes and styles to determine which style and size fit me best.

I use over size grips on all my other clubs with 2 wraps and a half wrap on the butt end.

I have also added a counter weight to my putter on the grip side 15 grams which really helps improve my feel and smooth our my stroke.

Of course I could just go through the process of trail and error installing grips until I find the one!

I use a left hand low grip very similar to Jordan the Masters champ. And have only used standard putter grips like golf pride etc before.

Thank you for your help.

I'm sure your knowledge will point me in the right direction.

I honestly have not read the over 1000 responses but I hope someone could shed some light.

I'm very interested in changing my putter grip to a super stroke. Unfortunately in the golf store the only have the grips on half shafts. So I can't even take a few practice strokes with the different sizes and styles to determine which style and size fit me best.

I use over size grips on all my other clubs with 2 wraps and a half wrap on the butt end.

I have also added a counter weight to my putter on the grip side 15 grams which really helps improve my feel and smooth our my stroke.

Of course I could just go through the process of trail and error installing grips until I find the one!

Thank you for your help.

Are you asking which superstroke grip might be best for you?

Are you asking which superstroke grip might be best for you?
Yes but of course it's hard for any else to say. Just looking for hints on how to pick a putter grip without putting a few rounds.

Yes but of course it's hard for any else to say. Just looking for hints on how to pick a putter grip without putting a few rounds.
The first question to me would be shape; circle, flatso, or square. Once you get that figured out then you can worry about size. From a size perspective, I think that kind of depends on how much "help" you need with your stroke, a larger grip will quiet the wrists even more and engage the large muscles. For me, I really like the 2.0 but have thought about switching to a 3.0 to keep my wrists out of my stroke and lighten up my grip pressure.

I'd suggest going to the golf store and just see which size and shape feels best in your hand and that will likely translate when installed on an actual putter.

Odyssey works will have a 3.0 and the Tanks have a 2.0 (mid-slim?) so you can at least stroke those putters, and also check the used rack. Bound to be a couple SS grips on there...

I use a left hand low grip very similar to Jordan the Masters champ. And have only used standard putter grips like golf pride etc before.

Thank you for your help.

I've tried a good amount of superstrokes and honestly, the best one for a putter kind of varies by putter shape and weight, along with how you hold the putter. Some putters I think a 2.0 or 3.0 works best, and others I've liked the Flatso better. If you can find a golfsmith or something similar close by, the odyssey's throughout the years have come with multiple different SuperStrokes standard on them. See if you can at least find some with a 2.0, 3.0, and some with the flatso on it and give them a roll in similar head shapes to what you'll be using. Putter grips IMO are very personal to each player and something you kind of need some trial and error to find. If a golf store near you has a used putters section, there is a good bet a couple will have superstrokes.

Me personally at the moment, I prefer the Flatso 1.0. I also enjoy the 2.0 and the SS2R, but I always seem to favor the Flatso 1.0 when going through them.

If there's a golf shop near by check out any putters with those grips on it, and just ignore the head but get a feel for the grip, especially if there's a used section, before long you'll get a feel for which size/shape might fit you best, or at the very least check the loose grips uninstalled at the shop. In the end it's a bit of a trial and error.

Well I ended up getting the 3.0 slim. Omg. Where have you been all my life.

Dropping bomb from from 20'

Just point the back of my hand at the line and kapow.

Sweeeeeet sounds when the ball drops in the cup.

I bought a seemore m1 and it came with one of the older fatso lite grips on it. I'm going to give it a fair shot on the course before removing it but from rolling some putts on carpet have very little feel of the head and it just looks crazy being so big. I know this is partially due to my current putter having a heavier head (360 grams versus the 335 of the m1) and lighter grip.

Do I have any chance of removing the fatso without destroying it? I have an air compressor and solvent that I use for regular grips but this will be much different.

lookie what I found in my closet. Bought a bunch of them to sell a long time ago. Sold most of them and forgot I kept some for myself. I'm all about the 17in belly grip now though.

Just bought a black/red 3.0 for my new seemore... We'll see!

Super Stroke Putter grips all you want to know

For starters birdies are a rarity, but I switched from a Midslim 2.0 to Flatso 2.0 about a week ago. Call it a coincidence but I've played 2 rounds since and have 3 birdies on my scorecard, helping me post my first back to back sub 90 rounds ever!

I wonder if the Flatso's would work as well on an Anser type/blade putter as it has with my Mallet.

Last edited:
For starters birdies are a rarity, but I switched from a Midslim 2.0 to Flatso 2.0 about a week ago. Call it a coincidence but I've played 2 rounds since and have 3 birdies on my scorecard, helping me post my first sub 90 rounds ever!

I wonder if the Flatso's would work as well on an Anser type/blade putter as it has with my Mallet.
I made the same switch. Alot more 1 and 2 putts and alot less 3 Jacks.... I lost a lot of feel with the mid slim....

Tap it in.....

I picked up the SS2R today to try out.

Just saw where Sergio is playing a non-cord style grip on his irons and woods from SS. Pretty nice looking. Maybe a new production model.

I have a Superstroke 2.0 Midslim in White/Red that I am giving away if anyone wants it. The grip was just removed from my odyssey putter after one round, I could not love it... I tried to love it... so with that, if you'd like it send me a message and your address and it is on the way, if you are willing to cover shipping (usually less than ten bucks so with that you still save ten bucks)

Enjoy my THP friends!

Super Stroke Putter Grips?

Super Stroke Putter Grips?

Hey guys!
I'm really considering re gripping from my Odyssey stock Lamkin crossline putter grip to a Super Stroke, I was trying the Flatso and didn't really like it, but loved the Slim series. I was just wondering what everyone thinks of them before I spring $30 for a regrip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys!
I'm really considering re gripping from my Odyssey stock Lamkin crossline putter grip to a Super Stroke, I was trying the Flatso and didn't really like it, but loved the Slim series. I was just wondering what everyone thinks of them before I spring $30 for a regrip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would do it but wait for the THP version to hit the store.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?71948-Custom-SuperStroke-THP-Style

Back