Slicing driver hooking hybrids

Sennamont

Reaction score
Handicap
Allergies
Sorry I didn't get a video, but for the past 2 weeks. I have been nailing both driver and long woods/hybrids dead in the center(see marks) but my drives are launching straight and then wicked slice right mid flight. My hybrids and woods are the same and then hooking left.

I self diagnosed the drive to be too in and out swing and closed my stance a bit to no avail(actually making it worse since it is now hitting more towards the toe and popping up), the hybrid I was able to tame somewhat by opening the face a bit for the round but does not seem to be a long term solution. I'll try get a video out within the week but in the meantime, any tips could help! Thanks!

You have a two way miss going on and that just isn't any fun. If I had to guess, I'd say you are out in front of the ball at impact. Meaning you lead shoulder has moved in front of the ball on the down swing. Requiring you to flip the hands at the woods and hybos. With the driver you seem to be holding on instead of releasing the club.

You have to be sure that you are operating behind the ball at impact. Try to keep the lead shoulder even of slighting behind the ball. This allows the club to release properly and down the line.

When I hook my hybrid its cause my ball placement is too far ahead of center of my stance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have a two way miss going on and that just isn't any fun. If I had to guess, I'd say you are out in front of the ball at impact. Meaning you lead shoulder has moved in front of the ball on the down swing. Requiring you to flip the hands at the woods and hybos. With the driver you seem to be holding on instead of releasing the club.

You have to be sure that you are operating behind the ball at impact. Try to keep the lead shoulder even of slighting behind the ball. This allows the club to release properly and down the line.

Didn't get to do a driver video but my drive has been decent today thanks to your tip about staying behind the ball. Long woods are KILLING ME right now though. Seeing it myself in slowmo is both awesome and hugely embarrassing. Even with my untrained eyes I'm seeing "overswing" "lead hand disconnect from the body at the start of the swing" and "chicken winging during impact" already, please help Freddy with what to work on, you are my last hope!

Taking the club back straight as opposed to breaking your wrist after just a few inches would solve quite a bit of this. Then shorten the swing, it's about two feet more than you need. Your downswing and impact isn't that bad.

4e1d3661265dabbee5081775ac0ae260.jpg

Well sir as you can from the above pics, you have some work to do, if you choose. Your golf swing is 100% arms and wrist. And I'll be honest, I think you need a swing aid. Why? Because you need to train your golf muscles how to perform properly. I can tell you but I think you need to feel it in order to break your bad habits.

If you choose not to go with a swing aid then follow these tips.

1. One piece take away, try not to break your wrist.

2. Use your shoulders to move your arms not the other way around

3. Use your lower body. Keep that right knee flexed throughout the backswing

The above is easier said then done but if you get the swing aid and follow tip number 3, I think you'll see some positive results.

https://www.thehackersparadise.com/tour-angle-144-review/

Well sir as you can from the above pics, you have some work to do, if you choose. Your golf swing is 100% arms and wrist. And I'll be honest, I think you need a swing aid. Why? Because you need to train your golf muscles how to perform properly. I can tell you but I think you need to feel it in order to break your bad habits.

If you choose not to go with a swing aid then follow these tips.

1. One piece take away, try not to break your wrist.

2. Use your shoulders to move your arms not the other way around

3. Use your lower body. Keep that right knee flexed throughout the backswing

The above is easier said then done but if you get the swing aid and follow tip number 3, I think you'll see some positive results.

https://www.thehackersparadise.com/tour-angle-144-review/
Thanks Freddie! Sounds right on! I will do you one better and will get the aid and heed the instructions, will report back in a few weeks!

PS. The website does not work for me but it is sold on Amazon though.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Last edited:
Freddie, just wanted to thank you. Problems are gone, swinging with the lower body and "shoulder move instead of arm move" swing thought helped me with the take away and the downswing. 86% FW today and 50% GIR. Thank you for your help!

Putting/chipping killed my score today though, I might have to ask you another question in a bit.

Back