The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Ive been told.

Over and over and over .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, a **** load different than my definition of a hero as well.

Hopefully his/her first call was to one of the tabloids .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't expect anyone to understand it. I frankly didn't until I spoke with someone going through it.

The truly sad part is that there is an incredibly high suicide rate for people going through this. While its theoretically possible to change your gender through surgery and hormone therapy, it's prohibitively expensive. A lot of people get partly through the process and then just end things when they realize they can never complete the change.

A few years ago, I had a client who went through the same issue. I would never wish that one anyone. I cannot imagine how an identity crisis like that would tear you apart inside.
To lighten the mood a touch...

When Wendy first started as a surgical tech she worked on the team that did these procedures. Maybe her first week on the job, they wheeled the patient in and put the patient under anesthesia. The surgeon - who liked to listen to the local rock station - asked for his music to be turned on. Just as Wendy handed him the scalpel Aerosmith's "Dude looks like a lady" started playing. The surgery was delayed a few moments while they collected themselves.

just a thought.......if your born a male and want to change your gender to female......does that make you gay?

just a thought.......if your born a male and want to change your gender to female......does that make you gay?

First off, let me say that I don't have a problem with Bruce getting gender reassignment. Good for him, and if it does help others who relate, good for them too. I can't imagine it's easy thinking your trapped in the wrong body your entire life. I have read about people - born whole - who can't stand certain limbs and who would go to great lengths, risking death to lose them ... being haunted until they were able to do so. I consider myself lucky to be born without any such issues.

No idea if Bruce (can't remember her new name) is attracted to men or women, honestly its too much information for me. This world overshares way too much.

First day back at work since Graham was born. I hate not being at home with him right now.

First day back at work since Graham was born. I hate not being at home with him right now.
My friend, its brutal, that first day from Lotte was hard as heck. But walking in the door after work and seeing her, made it all go away each day.

My friend, its brutal, that first day from Lotte was hard as heck. But walking in the door after work and seeing her, made it all go away each day.
It never gets easier. Just more routine.

The day the billing at the end of an event is correct might possibly be the happiest day of my life. I hate hotels, I hate them so much! Oh, I'm sorry did I not tell you that you are actually going to be charged this not that, and the service charge is on this number not that one which we initially billed you for. UGH!

The day the billing at the end of an event is correct might possibly be the happiest day of my life. I hate hotels, I hate them so much! Oh, I'm sorry did I not tell you that you are actually going to be charged this not that, and the service charge is on this number not that one which we initially billed you for. UGH!

Ya so many stupid things happened to my checking account. Got charged $50 per day we were there and the reasoning was "this is money we held and were expecting you to spend" so we got a bill for $190 and then ended up only being charged $40. Same thing with the rental. I was told $240 when I got the car and was charged $188. Just so confusing

Ya so many stupid things happened to my checking account. Got charged $50 per day we were there and the reasoning was "this is money we held and were expecting you to spend" so we got a bill for $190 and then ended up only being charged $40. Same thing with the rental. I was told $240 when I got the car and was charged $188. Just so confusing

We had a nightmare (with many others) leaving PGA National last September. They seem to make it a point to over complicate every single thing they possibly can. Get absolutely ridiculous at times.

Hotel's, as well as some gas stations and rental car places will hold a certain amount on your card, and then release what wasn't used. That's pretty standard.

This is stuff they don't mention in the contract, which becomes infuriating! Like sure we can give you a small discount on something, but surprise your service charge is on the original amount, even though we sent you an invoice for the service charge on the discount, and now we are sending you a new bill for the difference.

This is pretty standard, especially if you use a debit card.
Agree that its stupid.

The backend on what we see at these resorts with costs would make your head explode. We already knew this event was going to be really expensive, but there was a method to our madness (big picture guy). But to nickel and dime us on a mistake they made, knowing all too well we have another event there in a few months is overkill.

Now that's not right

Yeah I'm completely worthless right now. Getting back home is the only thing getting me through it.

It never gets easier. Just more routine.

Ugh. I was deciding whether or not to go back today, but knew I had to do it eventually.

Yeah I'm completely worthless right now. Getting back home is the only thing getting me through it.

Ugh. I was deciding whether or not to go back today, but knew I had to do it eventually.
I had to go back 5 days after my son was born because he came over 3 weeks early. My paternity leave wasn't scheduled until his due date. The first few days back were brutal. FaceTime and Google Hangouts are amazing in that regard, just to be able to see your child when you are at work.

I had to go back 5 days after my son was born because he came over 3 weeks early. My paternity leave wasn't scheduled until his due date. The first few days back were brutal. FaceTime and Google Hangouts are amazing in that regard, just to be able to see your child when you are at work.

That's rough, dude. Leslie's been sending me video and photos all day, so that helps. I didn't think it would be this hard to go back. I really didn't.

I was a pastry chef when mine was born. He was born on a Mon and on Friday they told me if I wasn't back to prep for the weekend dont come back. It was so burtal.

My company is owned by a larger company, but we pretty much operate with total autonomy. However, after our admin girl left, they decided that corporate would handle some of our accounting and basic admin stuff. That includes cell phones.

Anyway, this past weekend at LIITA I noticed some issues with my phone. People were texting me and I wasn't getting their texts. So trying to coordinate leaving for the course with Bret or meeting up with Wardy got more complicated because they were getting my texts, but I wasn't getting theirs. Wardy called me at one point and it gave him a message that my number had been disconnected. Others called and it worked fine. This also happened all this week with people not being able to get in touch with me, and in one case, it may have cost us a project.

Well it turns out, without telling any of us, the woman in charge of our wireless stuff switched everyone from AT&T to Verizon over the weekend. They didn't get around to giving us our "new" phones until just now. My AT&T phone seemed to work fine, but I was missing tons of calls and texts. I just received about 40 texts that I was oblivious to, mostly from people with Verizon. As an Android user, I was a little bummed to get a Galaxy S5, which is an older model, though an upgrade from my S4. Still, my 2 years was up YESTERDAY on that phone and I was due a free upgrade. The iPhone users have to be pissed, as they got the iPhone 5S, and many of them had the iPhone 6 on AT&T.

I am pissed I may have lost a project over the whole thing, but what if something serious had happened and people couldn't get in touch with me, or worse, assumed I received their messages when I didn't?

Southwest.com keeps crashing these last 2 days

Get it together already I'm trying to book my flights to Disney!

I was a pastry chef when mine was born. He was born on a Mon and on Friday they told me if I wasn't back to prep for the weekend dont come back. It was so burtal.

That is absolutely terrible. I couldn't imagine. My situation is different in that I had the option to take more time off but it's all vacation time and I want to save it for when we don't have as much help as we do now in case my wife needs an extra hand.

That is absolutely terrible. I couldn't imagine. My situation is different in that I had the option to take more time off but it's all vacation time and I want to save it for when we don't have as much help as we do now in case my wife needs an extra hand.
Trust me, you're going to need it. Maybe not right away, but eventually. Not sure if you guys will do daycare, but at ours, any temp over 100F means kiddo has to be sent home and stay home for 24 hours after the fever breaks. That often means two/three days off of work.

Trust me, you're going to need it. Maybe not right away, but eventually. Not sure if you guys will do daycare, but at ours, any temp over 100F means kiddo has to be sent home and stay home for 24 hours after the fever breaks. That often means two/three days off of work.

That seems to be pretty standard. My wife is a nurse so she only has to work 3 days a week and works a good number of Saturdays or Sundays, so that will help with cutting down days where he is actually there. Daycare was not our first choice obviously, but we really like where we are taking him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back