Golf Pride Align Grips

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
For those that missed this from our 2017 PGA Show Coverage, here is a look at the new Golf Pride Align grips in this hysterical video with THP Staff Writers Dean and James. The Blooper reel is special too.

THP gave away the first ever set a couple of weeks ago and is giving away another set now for the Players Championship and the reviews should be coming in soon as these are coming soon.

These grips look great. I love the CP2 right now, but these definitely look like they're worth checking out.
P.S. - That slap though! Hahaha!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Definitely intrigued by these grips. Interested to get them in hand to see how the align feature feels and works.

Definitely intrigued by these grips. Interested to get them in hand to see how the align feature feels and works.

Same here. Will be looking for them in stores...soon hopefully!

The timing of this release by Golf Pride seems strange. They announce the grip at the merchandise show, state Spring release, here it is May 8th and no sign of the grip(s). I wanted to give these a feel, but I have already re gripped for the season, seems strange.

BUMP! Because these release TODAY!

Already have 7 headed my way.

They look pretty interesting. I noticed last night that my NDMC grip on my 58° wedge was a little slick. I figured I'd give it the Gripe treatment, but instead, maybe I'll pop on one of these to give them a look?

These are intriguing. I just gripped my Apex Blacks with the SS Cross Comfort and I think I'll order some for my #TheGrandaddy Apex irons to try out.

Ordered some as well. Looked in my local shops and nobody has them yet. Looking forward to trying these!

Not surprised at all, it was pretty cool to see each of our faces when we held the grip in hand and then held a club with one on there. Immediate, "whoa.. this thing is awesome"

Interested in reading the feedback from those who got them. Definitely on my radar.

Glad these are finally available. I think I will start with one on the driver and the 4i to see if I like them.

Interested in seeing the reviews on these. They're not in my local stores yet.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I would be curious how many people who are interested in this grip have ever played a ribbed grip on their clubs before.

It's a definite hot or cold acceptance and something you might want to try on the extreme side with a coat hanger wire since that's an all but free way of trying it

I would be curious how many people who are interested in this grip have ever played a ribbed grip on their clubs before.

It's a definite hot or cold acceptance and something you might want to try on the extreme side with a coat hanger wire since that's an all but free way of trying it

No I have not tried a grip like this before. I like the plus 4 a lot and the idea is interesting. I think I would just put one on 1 club first to see if I like it before putting them on the whole set.

I did a long time ago, and I'd certainly be interested for it on just about everything except for my wedges.

I did a long time ago, and I'd certainly be interested for it on just about everything except for my wedges.

Same here. Wasn't something I've been huge on in the past, but I could probably use the help at this point... Would have to get the airgun out if I change the angle of any of my woods, but my real target for these would be my irons.

This. Its why I'll be putting the set I bought on irons only, not wedges.

Anyone know if these are available in undersized ?

I've used ribbed grips before and I think they serve as a nice reminder for proper hand placement (at least gives me confidence I'm gripping it properly). I'd just be worried about self-installation.

This. Its why I'll be putting the set I bought on irons only, not wedges.

Why are you guys not installing these on wedges?

Why are you guys not installing these on wedges?

presumably because you play wedges at various states of open club face. That said, I'm not sure it would create a problem for me. I'll most likely be putting one on my go-to 56* since it is about ready for replacement. If they feeling is not good, it's not too big a deal change it a second time. worth the $12 investment to find out....

My TM M2 hybrids have a little rib on the backside, and I love it, so I'm definitely gonna try these GP grips out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only standard and midsize on the Golf Pride website, so I'm guessing no.

Correct, these will only be standard and midsize for the time being. MCC Plus4 Undersize were a late addition to the Plus4 line so suppose there's potential for MCC Plus4 ALIGN undersize down the road.

Back