Golf Pride Align Grips

presumably because you play wedges at various states of open club face. That said, I'm not sure it would create a problem for me. I'll most likely be putting one on my go-to 56* since it is about ready for replacement. If they feeling is not good, it's not too big a deal change it a second time. worth the $12 investment to find out....

Makes sense...I need to feel how pronounced that alignment line is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Makes sense...I need to feel how pronounced that alignment line is.

It's definitely pronounced. Traditional rib is made with a bead built into interior of the rubber - hence, same material and few of the rest of the grip. ALIGN is built into exterior of grip so the rubber used for the rib is much firmer than the rubber used for the rest of the grip.

Hello there.

57cc7aca9d75d5a813160970ed1d3adb.jpg

I received mine yesterday as well. Installed on one club for now (8 iron). It's definitely a different feeling, but it could be helpful. Looking forward to giving it a shot tonight at the range or league Wednesday - weather permitting.

I bet seeing these grips give Dean and Wardy cold sweats.

I won a set of the golf pride aligngrips . Already had new grips put on but put one on 3 wood.
These grips feel good the alignment ridge is not as protruding, I still open and close my 3 wood with no problems. For me the ridge was not a big issue to get use to, but they are the plus four, bottom of grips are bigger, hence the "plus 4 grip tape on bottom".
Installation was not an issue very easy to install. Although I like to put label down but that would defeat the alignment ridge.

Interested in these grips, especially for irons! Any more feedback out there?

When I last stopped at the golf shop they didn't have any of these yet. I've been meaning to stop by again and put them on a couple clubs to see how I like them.

When I last stopped at the golf shop they didn't have any of these yet. I've been meaning to stop by again and put them on a couple clubs to see how I like them.

Looking forward to your thoughts GF.

I might be putting this grip on my driver. Years ago i was fighting a slice and the fix for me was a strong grip. But since using the Epic SZ, anytime i have a strong grip its an instant duck hook. But going with a normal grip, the contact is perfect for me. So grip is key and i feel like these grips can be a great reminder of that for me

Looking forward to your thoughts GF.

I'm still trying to find them. Neither PGA Superstore or the Edwin Watts have had them in stock when I looked. They may have them now though I'll try and stop by this week and throw one on the driver and maybe the 4 iron to start.

Need to get the +4's I have installed, just trying to wait and see if I'm staying Nippon or going Recoil in the i200's first.

Initial impressions

Initial impressions

1.jpg2.jpg

<UPDATED POST: added the photos I proved incapable of posting last night....>

I just installed the align MCC+4 on my driver, replacing the standard mcc+4. My first impressions in comparison the the standard mcc+4 are below:

Pros:
- the align feature is noticeable, yet not obtrusive. My left (top) hand grip has the align ridge sit nicely on the inside of my index finger joint giving of positive indicator of my grip position. My grip is straight out of Hogan's book if that helps for reference. On my lower hand (right) the align ridge sits nicely on the inside of the second knuckle for middle and ring fingers.
- the texture and compound of the align ridge is different from the rest of the grip, yet has similar grip properties

Cons:
- the little white dot on the soft compound rubber down the top is now filled in red and invisible. That was my previous visual alignment mark for hand position on the grip. I'm sure I will adjust quickly.
- only one color. My driver is an R15 with stock fujikura shaft, so the grey red works well. Other may not like the aesthetic.

I'll post additional thought (and photos) when I get out to play it in the next few days.

Last edited:
Appreciate the feedback, JayB!

I don't believe they have these in the MCC +4 Midsize yet?

I don't believe they have these in the MCC +4 Midsize yet?

I did not see any indication on the website that they were offering any other configurations; just single color and size of MCC, and single color size of the MCC+4.

My local GG only had the +4, and they are charing about $1.50 premium over the regualr MCC+4 (at 12.50), so a consideration if you were switching the whole bag.

I didn't shop around, as it was only one. If I do the whole bag, I'll be looking for some better pricing (but absolutely not through one of teh eBay'ers hawking low cost fakes...).

Had these put on the driver, fw, and 4 iron. Time for some testing.

Played 18 with this on my driver. After the first two holes I barely noticed it. I like the align feature, as it is a gentle reminder about your grip as you are setting up and thinking about the shot, stance and lie, reducing the pre-shot work load ever so slightly.

I'm not sure I would go out of my way to install these just for the sake of doing so. That said, as my current mcc+4 come due this season, I will move to the align grips.

Anyone considering these, but concerned about how obtrusive the align feature may be can confident it is not much of a departure from standard and will not put your swing in disarray.

Wanted to see how big the reminders are inside out of curiosity
f40348069deede01bcd422ea301984f7.jpg

WAIT WHAT?

Several rounds in with one on the driver and it has become invisible to me. If I grabbed the club completely wrong, I'm sure it would feel out of place. I actually wish the align feature was a bit more pronounced. My irons are all due for grips this summer, so I will probably put these on across the board.

Even wedges that you open up, these would not present any issues.

Several rounds in with one on the driver and it has become invisible to me. If I grabbed the club completely wrong, I'm sure it would feel out of place. I actually wish the align feature was a bit more pronounced. My irons are all due for grips this summer, so I will probably put these on across the board.

JayB, my feeling with this grip I put on the driver is exactly what you describe especially wish the align feature was more pronounced. When the grips on the W/S C200 irons get replaced after this summer, I'll install them on the irons. M2 3 and 4 hybrid will also get them. Don't feel they'd work on the 2 wedges and sand wedge do to using various open club face positions though. Will use Golf Pride Tour Velvet Super Tack on the 2 Ping Glide 2.0 SS wedges and Ben Hogan Special sand wedge.

JayB, my feeling with this grip I put on the driver is exactly what you describe especially wish the align feature was more pronounced. When the grips on the W/S C200 irons get replaced after this summer, I'll install them on the irons. M2 3 and 4 hybrid will also get them. Don't feel they'd work on the 2 wedges and sand wedge do to using various open club face positions though. Will use Golf Pride Tour Velvet Super Tack on the 2 Ping Glide 2.0 SS wedges and Ben Hogan Special sand wedge.

Interesting feedback guys...surprising for sure...

So far I like them. They are subtle, just enough to get me thinking about my grip and if it is in the right place.

I put them on my wedges and love them!

Back