Golf Pride Align Grips

Going to do a comparison between these grips and s tech soon. I love my s tech but the positive reviews coming from these just has me interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Going to do a comparison between these grips and s tech soon. I love my s tech but the positive reviews coming from these just has me interested.

One of the most popular grip designs ever, I'm not surprised its getting positive reviews at all when that fact is combined with the benefits of a reminder for amateurs who typically struggle with consistency. Its a brilliant design and release.

One of the most popular grip designs ever, I'm not surprised its getting positive reviews at all when that fact is combined with the benefits of a reminder for amateurs who typically struggle with consistency. Its a brilliant design and release.

Nothing crazy but this is big for amateurs as you say because it incorporates the basics which is something amateurs tend to forget getting caught up in numbers, distance and scores. I've never played a reminder grip before so this will be something new for me but something tells me I'll learn something for it.

Golf Pride Align Grips

Grip has been installed and reminder isn't as pronounced as I thought. First round will be Sunday so going to be fun. Won't be able to change loft but that will be okay

Grip won't make it to Sunday's round. Range session went horrible and maybe that's because I'm not used to reminder grips but slippage or movement was a problem.

Last edited:
I think I'll pick up a set and install for Sunday's round. Excited by a grip is a new one for me.

I think I'll pick up a set and install for Sunday's round. Excited by a grip is a new one for me.

juat replaced my 7 iron from MDMC platinum to a cp2.. cant stand the cp2 so going to get one of the aligns installed this weekend! if grip can be one less thing to think about im all for it!

Kenny Perry tested these out last week, immediately put them in play and then won a major. First time he had ever used a grip with a reminder.

Several rounds in with one on the driver and it has become invisible to me. If I grabbed the club completely wrong, I'm sure it would feel out of place. I actually wish the align feature was a bit more pronounced. My irons are all due for grips this summer, so I will probably put these on across the board.

Even wedges that you open up, these would not present any issues.
The ALIGN rib is actually at the very limit in terms of height of what the USGA allows. Part of the reason it took so long for the ALIGN grips to hit market was because of the inconsistent texture of the MCC and MCC Plus4 grips meant when USGA tested rib height that they were getting different results in different areas of the grip (i.e. pebble texture in bottom hand of classic MCC) so approval from them took a long time.

It's certainly a different feel than traditional ribbed grips - would almost say feels like a wider rib instead of typically a "pointier" rib if that makes sense. May feel less pronounced because it's mostly noticeable in the non-glove (lower hand), and the rubber in the lower hand of the MCC Plus4 is softer. From what I've felt the ALIGN raised ridge is more readily noticeable in the classic MCC version since that's a firmer grip.

Hope that helps clear some things up!

Boom. The +4 are on the i200 now after the recoils were installed yesterday. Finally going to get these out and can provide some feedback.

Boom. The +4 are on the i200 now after the recoils were installed yesterday. Finally going to get these out and can provide some feedback.

Really looking forward to your thoughts , I'm thinking driver - PW for me.

How are you liking the aligns?

How are you liking the aligns?

Enjoying them a ton. I discovered reminders only a couple years ago but quickly found they really do help me keep the club in the proper place (read: out if my damn palm).

Hmmm so it sounds like they are beneficial. I really want to try them

I gave up on these once PGATSS couldn't put them on straight. Went with the straight MCC +4
They are a nice grip.

I gave up on these once PGATSS couldn't put them on straight. Went with the straight MCC +4
They are a nice grip.

Watch the THP TV spot with Golf Pride and DIY! Guarantee you could do it better than the likely disinterested guy at PGASS.

They are a nice grip.

I was also annoyed by them putting the grip on crooked. I'm going to learn to do it myself.

They really are not difficult to install if you have any clue what you're doing. Issue with these big box stores is that ensuring each ALIGN is on straight adds 15-30 seconds to installing each grip and I suppose that adds up if you're doing lots of re-grips. Otherwise, just use plenty of solvent to give yourself time to straighten them out.

Have also seen some issues with a certain brand of solvent that is used at some GG / PGATSS stores that is being worked out. If they use too much of it, it just never dries, and the grip will get crooked after a few uses. So in some cases could be an issue with that and not the installation itself.

Soon, I will have these on everything except wedges. I'm a fan.

Been pondering adding this as my grip tends to get a little strong at times. Debating if I should go midsize or add wraps to eliminate too much wrist action

I just realized there are two threads for these. Here's a question they posted in the other:

Is anyone out there playing with these who has any feedback after having them for some time? I've been strongly considering them as most times when I'm off, my grip has gotten a bit weak.

I'm looking to see if anyone finds the ridge a useful aid or do your hands ever go "deaf" to it feel wise? Also, is anyone playing them in their woods and irons or strictly irons?

I just realized there are two threads for these. Here's a question they posted in the other:

Is anyone out there playing with these who has any feedback after having them for some time? I've been strongly considering them as most times when I'm off, my grip has gotten a bit weak.

I'm looking to see if anyone finds the ridge a useful aid or do your hands ever go "deaf" to it feel wise? Also, is anyone playing them in their woods and irons or strictly irons?

Late reply, absolutely, but here I am! LOL

I played the +4 on my i200's and have the standard NDMC Aligns on my MP18's. I'm a big fan, its to the point I have been putting the i200's in the hands of my kids I'm introducing to golf (SO & FR) because of the reminder. Its not as prominent as old school reminders I have used before, but its noticable every single time I grip the club. I'm strictly irons right now with mine.

Late reply, absolutely, but here I am! LOL

I played the +4 on my i200's and have the standard NDMC Aligns on my MP18's. I'm a big fan, its to the point I have been putting the i200's in the hands of my kids I'm introducing to golf (SO & FR) because of the reminder. Its not as prominent as old school reminders I have used before, but its noticable every single time I grip the club. I'm strictly irons right now with mine.
Awesome! Thanks for the feedback, James. I think I'm going to regroup all of my irons with these. I think it will help with face orientation throughout the swing. I'm glad they come in midsize.

Awesome! Thanks for the feedback, James. I think I'm going to regroup all of my irons with these. I think it will help with face orientation throughout the swing. I'm glad they come in midsize.

I'm really enjoying them, but, I know the NDMC bother some people. For me I'm learning, some cord is my friend.

I'm really enjoying them, but, I know the NDMC bother some people. For me I'm learning, some cord is my friend.

It's a great concept. Marketing visualized, so to speak.

It's a great concept. Marketing visualized, so to speak.

And I got to slap Dean, and you. Thank you Golf Pride! :alien:

Back