Rory McIlroy signing with TaylorMade?

Saw this on twitter:
dc505ed9387738591010ea2f4f1e6e2f.jpg

Would have thought he would have followed Tiger to Bridgestone if he was looking for the same ball as the Nike he played.

Saw this on twitter:
dc505ed9387738591010ea2f4f1e6e2f.jpg

Would have thought he would have followed Tiger to Bridgestone if he was looking for the same ball as the Nike he played.

I am assuming they were not playing the same ball even though it was stamped the same. Tiger was playing a Nike ball back when Bridgestone made them. Rory never played a Bridgestone produced ball.

I feel like if I'm a staffer for TM I'd feel a little slighted to be using Tour Preferred MBs from '14 (Rose, DJ) and Rory shows up and gets, ahem, TAYLOR MADE irons with his name on them. I guess it shows TM was willing to do a lot to get him on board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm fairly confident if Rose, Day, Garica, Johnson went to them before and asked for something specific they would do it for them.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Maybe not?

PGATOUR.COM: What was your initial impression when you saw the prototype irons for the first time?

McILROY: “I still remember I was on the range at The Bear's Club with [Dustin Johnson] and he saw the irons in my bag and immediately made a call to someone at TaylorMade to make sure he got a set. They just look good. I love the compact head and the topline just really suits my eye. I also feel like even if I hit these irons a bit off-center, they still go, which is really nice to have with a blade.”

Maybe not?

How could these irons possibly have extra forgiveness packed in? They look tiny and don't appear to have anything by means of Forgiveness.

How could these irons possibly have extra forgiveness packed in? They look tiny and don't appear to have anything by means of Forgiveness.

Could have some tungsten integration in some capacity maybe that's not visible in the press photos?

Man Taylormade is putting the hammer down on staffing. I want to know why Callaway could not make this deal happen.

When he throws that Spider Tour putter in the bag the world might explode.

Man Taylormade is putting the hammer down on staffing. I want to know why Callaway could not make this deal happen.

Money. Callaway does not pay what TaylorMade is willing to. I am sure Callaway would have gone to great lengths to meet his needs but I am guessing that Rory is getting paid at least $10 million a year for this deal. Maybe more considering DJ and Day are making close to that and regardless of how good they are, they don't move the needle like Rory will.

When he throws that Spider Tour putter in the bag the world might explode.

So youre saying I should buy up Spider Red inventory now and put it in the bunker and cash in?

So youre saying I should buy up Spider Red inventory now and put it in the bunker and cash in?

Not a bad plan. How huge would that be for TM? Getting him to switch to the ball is good, if they get that putter in his bag, lookout.

That's my point. In this case you needed to spend money to make more money. Rory will move the worldwide needle more than anyone; even Tiger at this point. I love Callaway but it's a miss for sure.

That's my point. In this case you needed to spend money to make more money. Rory will move the worldwide needle more than anyone; even Tiger at this point. I love Callaway but it's a miss for sure.

usually, I'd agree. But right now, Callaway doesn't seem to have a problem making money. Perhaps their own analysis didn't think it would improve their numbers dramatically. Tiger for being a needle mover, didn't move equipment.

usually, I'd agree. But right now, Callaway doesn't seem to have a problem making money. Perhaps their own analysis didn't think it would improve their numbers dramatically. Tiger for being a needle mover, didn't move equipment.
I agree. This won't affect Callaway sales. Right now this decision by Rory raises some questions that will be quickly forgotten.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

How many big contracts can TM float?? Is this a last ditch effort to right the ship?

Would it be the red that makes the cut? I've tried to find, but no luck on which one he was testing.

How many big contracts can TM float?? Is this a last ditch effort to right the ship?

In my head, I think it's a way to make them more attractive to a buyer.

In my head, I think it's a way to make them more attractive to a buyer.
Do you think this means that they don't resign Day/Rose whenever their contract is up?

Would it be the red that makes the cut? I've tried to find, but no luck on which one he was testing.

Do you think this means that they don't resign Day/Rose whenever their contract is up?

Day was just resigned so I am guessing he has at least 2 more years on his deal. Not sure about Rose but I am guessing his dollar figure is a lot lower then DJ/Day/Rors

That I don't know. But Day being dressed head to toe Nike might affect some things in terms of dollars he wants in future. Time will tell I guess.

Day was just resigned so I am guessing he has at least 2 more years on his deal. Not sure about Rose but I am guessing his dollar figure is a lot lower then DJ/Day/Rors
It just seems that DJ/Day/Rors/Rose/Sergio is a lot of $$$ to float, maybe I'm searching for meaning that isn't there

jump-to-conclusions-mat.jpg

Back