Odyssey Big T V-Line Putter Review

Fantastic review James! I've been so busy oogling over the heads shapes and alignment features that I failed to realize the shaft was powder coated black until I read your review.

I'm even more excited to try this series now after reading your review. Now between this and the Mr T. :)

Thank you cookie, always appreciate you taking the time to read and comment brother.

You know me and putters, I've got a history there Hahaha, you also know my dislike for the versa releases...they really did turn a good page in terms of finish on these though. Post review I finally extended it to 36" and its going to stay in the bag, which considering the putters I have around here, is saying something.

Great review, James. I think I really need to try this one out, as I could always use more help with my putting and it sounds like this one offers a lot. Plus, I think the 3.0 grip would fit me well too.

Solid review. I love the V-line headshape so this is a must-roll for me.

Such a great read. It seems like there is more than enough visually to help with squaring the face. Great weighting too. It’s going to take something special to kick my gamer out of the bag, and this may just be it.

I love how this putter looks! :in-love: Some where down the road, this sleek looking weapon of mass birdie consumption will be in my bag. :bomb:

Great review James! (or Jams as I accidently typed on the review page....sorry)

I love the blacked out look of this putter with the "pearlescent" white T. My only thing like you mentioned is the use of the 3.0 SS grip. I have found that the 3.0 really changes the head weight for me. Obviously not a deal breaker.

Fantastic review James! I have never been drawn to mallet putter just from the sheer size of some and like you mentioned - looking like they are from outer space. But I like the looks of the Big T V-Line and can see myself rolling it.

Well done James, so cool to see Odyssey get back into the center shafted game!

Great review, James! I will hopefully have a #5 of these soon. I don't use the line of the ball, so I like a decent amount of alignment on the head of the putter, and this could be just the ticket!

Solid review James. As an admitted Odyssey homer I wasn't sure what to expect of the Big T offering. The Fusion RX insert is legit and reading the alignment assistance this one offers, sounds like a pretty good combo.
The V-Line isn't my favorite head shape, but it looks like other are being offered and that is a good thing.

Very good review. I am a sucker for CS mallets. I just wish this one was available in LH, but perhaps they will release one in time.

A great day with this overall. Just another really solid option from Odyssey, glad people are enjoying the review!

Any thoughts on distance control with longer putts? Is the speed/feel there? I know this varies with each person, but generically do you feel you can control lag putting fairly well?

Any thoughts on distance control with longer putts? Is the speed/feel there? I know this varies with each person, but generically do you feel you can control lag putting fairly well?
I've never really had an issue with that with any putter, its more the puttee than the putter imo, but no, no issues with the RX insert there or at any range.

Another great review James. After rolling center shaft putters for almost two years, and then recently moving back to a bent shaft look with success, I am very torn on where to go with this one. BUT...I WILL own one. Either the V-line (center or heel shafted) or the #5. I'm really hoping they show up at my local Golf Galaxy some time next week. :fingers-crossed:

Another great review James. After rolling center shaft putters for almost two years, and then recently moving back to a bent shaft look with success, I am very torn on where to go with this one. BUT...I WILL own one. Either the V-line (center or heel shafted) or the #5. I'm really hoping they show up at my local Golf Galaxy some time next week. :fingers-crossed:
Pete, you'd really enjoy the CS I think, but when I saw that 5, I instantly thought of you.

This putter looks pretty fantastic. And I'm just getting into CS and digging it, so that is a big bonus. Great stuff James.

Thanks for the great review James!! I haven't seen these in the local store yet, but I look forward to laying hands on it and giving it a few rolls. Definitely an "all of the above" design from a tech standpoint, but probably the best application of the Versa color scheme that I have seen yet.

So many great options from odyssey with the RX insert now. I like the #5 shape here, but wish these would have come with the weight kit as well. I know I'll have a putter itch to scratch at somepoint this season, and it'll probably be a toss up between the Big-T #5, Works Tank 1W, or the Milled collection #5. Decisions, decisions, decisions...

I'm still going to go in and check this out ASAP, but now with that Cleveland Golf upcoming announcement I may hold off on actually getting that #5 for now.

...maybe. Who knows, might have the Big T out in play at Olde Stonewall.

I'm still going to go in and check this out ASAP, but now with that Cleveland Golf upcoming announcement I may hold off on actually getting that #5 for now.

...maybe. Who knows, might have the Big T out in play at Olde Stonewall.
One can't have too many great putters.

One can't have too many great putters.

Trying to rationalize your putter addiction? Although you did thin the heard this past week I saw. Is the insert the same as there works putter?

Trying to rationalize your putter addiction? Although you did thin the heard this past week I saw. Is the insert the same as there works putter?
No need to rationalize truth. Haha

Yep, mentioned it in the review that it's the same fusion RX insert. Its really good.

Back