Bubba Watson Painting His General Lee

You're first paragraph is so ironic it's almost funny. Especially the last statement. I'm not gonna get into the nonsense of how you assume everyone who says PC has never been discriminated against.

Like I said the best part is the last sentence . I remember when the majority ruled and it was the best part of this country. Now you offend one person and its intolerable.

Like I said, pretty ironic .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Could be the fact English isn't my first language, so please correct me if I'm wrong, but I always thought "usually" meant something different than "always". So please point out the part where I said, and I quote "everyone" who screams PC at a lot can't be discriminated against. What I did say is they, again, USUALLY (as in, most of the times but not always), are not the ones facing discrimination. As in "where some white Americans feel this is because of political correctness, black Americans are a bit more likely to be genuinely offended by the racist undertones of it". Something I stand by.

It's perfectly fine to disagree with me. Ridicule me if you feel the need to. But please stick to what I actually say.

Could be the fact English isn't my first language, so please correct me if I'm wrong, but I always thought "usually" meant something different than "always". So please point out the part where I said, and I quote "everyone" who screams PC at a lot can't be discriminated against. What I did say is they, again, USUALLY (as in, most of the times but not always), are not the ones facing discrimination. As in "where some white Americans feel this is because of political correctness, black Americans are a bit more likely to be genuinely offended by the racist undertones of it". Something I stand by.

It's perfectly fine to disagree with me. Ridicule me if you feel the need to. But please stick to what I actually say.

You're gonna have to be a little more specific .

White Americans ?

You realize "white" consists of Jews , Italians , Pols, and numerous other ethnicities that have been discriminated against for generations.

So when you say White Americans I'm gonna need you to be a little more specific please.

To the above, I apologize for perhaps putting words in your mouth but the tone of your post basically said to me that if you're not a minority you can't comment because you haven't been discriminated against.

Once again that may have not been your intention but I certainly interpreted it like that.

Also you just completely disregarded the second part of my post, why?

So in all of this nonsense iTunes has removed all dukes episodes, among various other things showing the battle flag, however have no fear because guess what's still available?

MEIN KAMPF

At what point does this ridiculousness stop?

Exactly .

Pretty sure the flag was on five years? Ago when he bought it and paraded it around like it was the coolest thing ever .

It was EXTREME when he bought it.

It is EXTREME that he's painting over it.

I see a pattern.

Meh.

I see a pattern.

Meh.

He's so hardcore.

I bet he rolls with a Bluetooth.

So in all of this nonsense iTunes has removed all dukes episodes, among various other things showing the battle flag, however have no fear because guess what's still available?

MEIN KAMPF

Dont worry about that though...Thats not racism. :alien:

I see a pattern.

Meh.
79c78d37d7ff3d29b72e282a96823b32.jpg

MEIN KAMPF

Hey, come one... it's hard to be logical. Especially with your knee jerking around all the time.

So let's say I own a famous Cleveland Indians players jersey. If the team name is outlawed does that mean I should sew the new name over the top?
You can't just change history like that.

So let's say I own a famous Cleveland Indians players jersey. If the team name is outlawed does that mean I should sew the new name over the top?

Its Cleveland, they burn the jerseys of their own quite often and easily. :D

Speaking of that didn't the government tell Florida st they needed to change their mascot and the Seminole Tribe told the government to piss off?

One of the benefits of this country is that you can pretty much do whatever you want with the jersey without fear of prosecution.

Lol I don't know anything about US sports but that's the big deal right now.
I, as a 'coloured' person am certainly not offended by the car. If you own a piece of history you need to maintain it for future generations. I can see why he wants to do it but it's being done without enough thought about the consequences.

For any reason? No....

Although his big thing for religion and then seeing how he treats his caddy on national television is quite ironic.
And the words he says while reading his lips. Hypocrisy! I live in Pensacola and really really try to like him. He does give back to the community and bought a portion of the blue wahoos baseball team, but damn., I cant do it!

MEIN KAMPF

This is what I was alluding to earlier when I mentioned a severe lack of integrity when it comes to social issues.

When businesses/organizations/people jump up and nix something because of a current event spotlight, my initial thought is "Why now?" If something has a distasteful representation, why wait until attention is cast on it to become sensitive and distance yourself from it? For me the typical answer to that is they never cared about a principle of actually doing the right thing, but more so the perception or image of appearing right based on the popular viewpoint at the time.

You're gonna have to be a little more specific .

White Americans ?

You realize "white" consists of Jews , Italians , Pols, and numerous other ethnicities that have been discriminated against for generations.

So when you say White Americans I'm gonna need you to be a little more specific please.

To the above, I apologize for perhaps putting words in your mouth but the tone of your post basically said to me that if you're not a minority you can't comment because you haven't been discriminated against.

Once again that may have not been your intention but I certainly interpreted it like that.

Also you just completely disregarded the second part of my post, why?
I'd never say that you can't be discriminated against if your not a minority; discrimination comes in all sorts of ugly shapes, and within and against every race. What I said that people who yell PC are usually not the ones who are discriminated against. So in this case white Americans (yes, from different ethnic backgrounds) are more likely to view this as PC than colored Americans. It's likely because they have less of a connection with the potentially hurtful undertone of the flag. You will probably not see them claim the flag-issue as a part of PC. And to be fair; how often do you hear a minority claim a decision they don't like is made because of PC?

And my apologies for not responding to the second part, probably didn't notice it. What and/or who and in which context do you mean by the "majority"?

Just because a majority has the majority, doesn't mean it is right. For whatever that's worth. It was one of James Madison's biggest concerns.

What I said that people who yell PC are usually not the ones who are discriminated against. So in this case white Americans (yes, from different ethnic backgrounds) are more likely to view this as PC than colored Americans. It's likely because they have less of a connection with the potentially hurtful undertone of the flag.

so are you saying that those who yell pc in an issue are on the side of the issue that has not been discriminated against? or are you saying that white Americans yell pc because they don't get discriminated against? I've been reading your posts to be the latter, but now I think you may actually mean the former.

Bubba Watson Painting His General Lee

Just because a majority has the majority, doesn't mean it is right. For whatever that's worth. It was one of James Madison's biggest concerns.

Yes I've read the federalist papers also.

However Thomas Jefferson was completely for majority rules, among many others.

If I'm not confused that is what a democracy is no?

These politicians just wanted representative democracy as opposed to direct democracy so they would be relevant.

I'd never say that you can't be discriminated against if your not a minority; discrimination comes in all sorts of ugly shapes, and within and against every race. What I said that people who yell PC are usually not the ones who are discriminated against. So in this case white Americans (yes, from different ethnic backgrounds) are more likely to view this as PC than colored Americans. It's likely because they have less of a connection with the potentially hurtful undertone of the flag. You will probably not see them claim the flag-issue as a part of PC. And to be fair; how often do you hear a minority claim a decision they don't like is made because of PC?

And my apologies for not responding to the second part, probably didn't notice it. What and/or who and in which context do you mean by the "majority"?

Any and all legal citizens?

What else would it mean?

Who cares? Dude thinks it's appropriate and he paid for the thing so whatever.

Yes I've read the federalist papers also.

However Thomas Jefferson was completely for majority rules, among many others.

If I'm not confused that is what a democracy is no?

These politicians just wanted representative democracy as opposed to direct democracy so they would be relevant.

Not to thread jack, but if a majority rule determined a person's rights, several inalienable rights could disappear. For example, it wouldn't shock me if segregation was still a thing in some states of the majority could decide.

[/thread jack]

Back