Central NJ, Eastern PA & Surrounding Area Chat

Down in wild wood for a couple days, can't make Sunday

I am working Sunday-Tuesday, possibly Saturday. Might play tomorrow at White Clay Creek, GolfNow deal for 35 at 220.

It would need to be morning for me, but it can be central jersey, north jersey, or eastern PA

Depending how early you guys go, I might be able to join.

I can play Sunday morning. Where you thinking?

I'm open to suggestions.

High Bridge Hills $79
Mattawang $47
Beaver Brook $60
Hillsborough CC $60

all have two-somes open btween 8 and 10am on sunday via golf now.

I'm open to suggestions.

High Bridge Hills $79
Mattawang $47
Beaver Brook $60
Hillsborough CC $60

all have two-somes open btween 8 and 10am on sunday via golf now.

I never played High Bridge Hills or Beaver Brook. Both are pretty close too. Which one is best?

I never played High Bridge Hills or Beaver Brook. Both are pretty close too. Which one is best?

Played both while in High School and preferred High Bridge

6:51, 7:09, or 8:57?

High bridge is not worth 80. Just my opinion.

High bridge is not worth 80. Just my opinion.

Thanks ROb, hadn't played it an awhile. I know from experience that Beaver Brook isnt worth 60 either. Typical course inside a community.

Is the Wang the best buy at $47?

Definitely best buy for the money. The 47 includes cart

845, 915, 922 or 945?

8:45 works for me.

Edit. I screwed up. Daughter has a match at 10 am on Sunday. Sorry I thought it was later in the day.

Last edited:
I actually grabbed a 9am time that just popped up on GolfNow, it was $4 cheaper, so only $45 per person!

See you sunday!

So Jeff can't make it!

How wants to join me at Mattawang at 9am sunday?

I found someone to take Jeff's spot. Can't wait to get out there any put the new wedges through their paces

Thanks to the very helpful recommendations of several in this thread, I went for a fitting with Tim Mosel in Denville. As advertised, he's excellent: personable, thorough, and absolutely knows his stuff. I'm going to have him build me a complete set to spec (my first truly fitted clubs). I can't wait to take it to Tiger by shooting an 84 at Bunker Hill.
:banana:

Last edited:
Thanks to the very helpful recommendations of several in this thread, I went for a fitting with Tim Mosel in Denville. As advertised, he's excellent: personable, thorough, and absolutely knows his stuff. I'm going to have him build me a complete set to spec (my first truly fitted clubs). I can't wait to take it to Tiger by shooting an 84 at Bunker Hill.
:banana:

Where do you live? I am in Morris Plains. I also went to Tim but haven't purchased anything yet.

I went to Tim and he built me a set if hybrid/irons. Got them a week ago, just in time for the rain. I like the fact he doesn't push you to buy. Turns out my woods were pretty much on the spec he would have made and I had been playing a hodgepodge of hybrids and irons that were the same as his recommendations during the fitting. I had him do the hb/iron set so I would have some consistency. Working so far.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Where do you live? I am in Morris Plains. I also went to Tim but haven't purchased anything yet.

I live in Kingston, NJ. The drive to Denville is a bit of a pain, but, after talking to a few fitters who are more local, I decided to go with Tim anyways. I like his fitting philosophy a lot more than: your driver swing speed is X; you should use shaft flex Y. His prices are also reasonable compared to OEMs.

I went to Tim and he built me a set if hybrid/irons. Got them a week ago, just in time for the rain. I like the fact he doesn't push you to buy. Turns out my woods were pretty much on the spec he would have made and I had been playing a hodgepodge of hybrids and irons that were the same as his recommendations during the fitting. I had him do the hb/iron set so I would have some consistency. Working so far.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

I had the same experience: no attempt whatsoever to hard sell me. And, when he was giving me an estimate on my equipment, he didn't recommend the most expensive shafts; he recommended the most budget-friendly shafts that would fit my specs, which I very much appreciated.

I had him build me a full set because all of my clubs were off on length, loft, flex, and lie angle. I've only been playing seriously for a year, and I didn't want to start out by buying expensive clubs before I knew if I would get serious about golf. And so I bought the most discounted clubs I could find that I hit okay on a launch monitor. But now I know that I love to play golf, and my pro assured me that I'm ready to get fitted.

Back