The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aerated greens

I dislike traffic. Coming from a city that is getting too big for its current infrastructure, Traffic just unnerves me. I moved away from California for a reason.
My town is getting too big for its britches too. Not sure where they figure all the traffic is going to go in some parts of the city. Don't get me wrong, I love the renovations, but the streets won't be able to handle the increased traffic (or parking).

Aerated greens

I can't wait for my course to aerate the greens, they are hard as concrete, anything higher than a 9 iron will roll past the green....

I dislike traffic. Coming from a city that is getting too big for its current infrastructure, Traffic just unnerves me. I moved away from California for a reason.

Road construction season is never good for traffic.

Heartburn and acid reflux suuuuuuck!

Road construction season is never good for traffic.

Don't even get me started on that. The exit off of 494 to where I live has been closed for two months now and all the surrounding roads have become crap since they started. Plus you cant head south on 494 from 94 or 694 because its a traffic jam every day of the week. Getting out of St. Paul after Shamrocks last month was a nightmare as well. I ended up taking university all the way to the U then got on to 94 because every road was closed.

Now I'm in a bad mood thinking about this.

Don't even get me started on that. The exit off of 494 to where I live has been closed for two months now and all the surrounding roads have become crap since they started. Plus you cant head south on 494 from 94 or 694 because its a traffic jam every day of the week. Getting out of St. Paul after Shamrocks last month was a nightmare as well. I ended up taking university all the way to the U then got on to 94 because every road was closed.

The worst part about minnesota construction is the minnesota nice. People will hold up a lane to allow 15 people to cut in... its called a zipper merge! :D

The worst part about minnesota construction is the minnesota nice. People will hold up a lane to allow 15 people to cut in... its called a zipper merge! :D

Don't worry the passive aggressiveness will kick in soon and then they won't let the zipper merge happen.

Really Tapatalk. Another update and now I am getting dual notifications again.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Really Tapatalk. Another update and now I am getting dual notifications again.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

continues to get worse and worse.

The link to the original Tapatalk is around here somewhere, and its awesome

Parents. Please let me never be like my father. No matter what, I'll be there for my kid(s), they come first.

The Official Rant of the Day

Parents. Please let me never be like my father. No matter what, I'll be there for my kid(s), they come first.

As bad as it sounds, sometimes we need a bad example to show us how we should be with our kids. While it's not my father, I have family members that do things that make me think "as long as I'm the opposite of them, I'll be doing a good job".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As bad as it sounds, sometimes we need a bad example to show us how we should be with our kids. While it's not my father, I have family members that do things that make me think "as long as I'm the opposite of them, I'll be doing a good job".
It's gotten much worse as of late. Not sure what the deal is. It's ok ... as much as the help would have been appreciated, I'll do it myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed, on both posts. Although at times, I've felt like I've let my son down as a father. But I think that's normal for a parent to feel. Right?

It's gotten much worse as of late. Not sure what the deal is. It's ok ... as much as the help would have been appreciated, I'll do it myself.

I think I know what you're feeling/going through. My dad and step mom have missed 2 of my sons 3 b-day parties. My wife has gotten so pissed about it. I just look at her and ask if it's worth it? It's what I've grown up and learned. It just rolls off my back anymore. Yeah it sucks that he's not there for his only grandchild but it is what it is. There's no changing it. At some point he'll realize what he's done and it'll be too late. We didn't invite them this year to his Easter play for preschool. We saw them a week after and my son brought it up. My step mom said something about it being hard to come because they live so far away (2 hours) and he said "It's ok, because Grandma Mader (not her last name he just can't pronounce it) and Aunt Jesse were there." My mom and sister. Not sure how bad that stung, but I know if stung some.

I get that someone, somewhere said you have to have accountants but come on, enough is enough.

I get that someone, somewhere said you have to have accountants but come on, enough is enough.

Yeah, I know that person, he's a CPA (Can't Produce Anything)

The motor on my AC unit crapped out today. $935 and one hot night (tonight), ugh. I just installed this unit 5 years ago and off course it has a specialized motor. Not what I wanted to do.

The motor on my AC unit crapped out today. $935 and one hot night (tonight), ugh. I just installed this unit 5 years ago and off course it has a specialized motor. Not what I wanted to do.

Houses man. Always something to fix.

Yep, always something. I keep up with all our stuff to avoid big ticket items and then this. Nothing worse then a hot house in Orlando...OK a can think of a lot of worse things, but this is a pain.
Houses man. Always something to fix.

If you have kids it needs to be cool. I know before we sold our house in Gainesville to move to Cali literally everything broke. New A/C new garage door. New disposal. Dishwasher broke. Think we put in about 6k before we could even sell it haha. The profit made up for some but damn did it hurt especially with moving expenses on top of it.

If you have kids it needs to be cool. I know before we sold our house in Gainesville to move to Cali literally everything broke. New A/C new garage door. New disposal. Dishwasher broke. Think we put in about 6k before we could even sell it haha. The profit made up for some but damn did it hurt especially with moving expenses on top of it.
The heck with the kids! It has to be cool for me!

No AC in Florida in the summer is awful, so sorry Freddie!

That's why we got ours replaced, I was so afraid that was going to happen.

And no kidding about houses, we just replaced the AC and then this morning the fridge starts leaking.

No AC in Florida in the summer is awful, so sorry Freddie!

That's why we got ours replaced, I was so afraid that was going to happen.

And no kidding about houses, we just replaced the AC and then this morning the fridge starts leaking.

Wish I was already down there I would fix it.

If it has an icemaker it's more than likely the problem.

I commute into the city, NYC. 'Nuf said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back