Live Update Thread - 2015 Love Is In The Air w/ Cobra Golf

That little video was pretty awesome to watch.

Do you by chance have any of the banter about Howzat and him having to dial it back so he wasn't flying it into the hotel? I keep mentally flashing back to that and then laughing.

I love all the bits of each of us getting mad at something. Great movie.

Great Video right there, I love the anger out of me and Toad and the excitement out of Canes for putting it in yet another bunker. What a fun time we had. There really were a lot of laughs there.

THe "lady" with the white visor who looks to have some experience with Stack & Tilt looks goooooood

OK, two days in the process (Buckets, you are not long winded...). Here goes.

Well, that was a pretty good weekend. Right, LIITA people? Not only did Jennifer get to see we’re not all a bunch of weirdos from the internet….well, we might be, but we’re cool, rock star, weirdos that play some golf, have some fun, and get to do some of the coolest things thanks to THP and its staff.

Friday was a drive down to the hotel from mid-Georgia; about 5 ½ hours. I tried to get there sooner, but a cop behind every tree and on top of every other overpass slowed me down. We arrived, checked in, dragged our weeks’ worth of stuff for three days up to the room, and headed down to the swag check-in point. I’ve been to a ‘few’ of these events, and was actually a bit surprised when we got downstairs that I saw a lot of unfamiliar faces; which is a great thing! I honestly only could pick one face out of the crowd standing outside, so snuck in to say hi to JB and Morgan and grab the swag bag. Upon exiting, I figured it was time to introduce myself, and that old feeling of matching nicknames to faces came at me again. I’m pretty sure Jennifer was still wondering what was going on, but Mrs. Jitzy went right over and struck up a conversation that lasted all weekend, I think. I did see a couple old THP brothers and sisters come in while we were down there, but I was a bit loopy from driving (and hungry) so we set off for the room and a snack before dinner.

The evening at Kobe was just incredible. This was only the second time I’ve done the Japanese steakhouse thing (both with THP), and I now think I could get addicted to the experience. Jennifer and I sat between the Jitzy’s and the TBaker34’s. We found out that Mrs. J is a hero and Mrs. TBaker is a ninja!! Who would have guessed, right? It was a great night; very enjoyable. I still can’t do chopsticks, though.

Spoiler
IMG_0415_zpsabrl8jzu.jpg

IMG_0407_zps1l9xzjy2.jpg

IMG_0404_zpsvzaeibph.jpg

IMG_0403_zpswlyie2f5.jpg

IMG_0402_zpsxbpnzu2f.jpg

IMG_0399_zpsgknjvaqw.jpg

IMG_0401_zpsldfnwf5a.jpg

Saturday morning came early as the anticipation got me up at the crack of dawn. Had plenty of time to run to McD’s and back and get ready for a round with the fellas. I’ve seen it dozens of times, but nothing beats a range completely filled with THPers. It’s become one of my favorite things. The added bonus to this range session was having TO and Yagley out there to talk to. I got into a nice marketing and sales discussion with TO and got a lot of insight on how things work in the global market. That carried over to Yagley, who was over on the putting green and super cool and answered all questions without hesitation. Meanwhile, I tried and tried to hit the drivers on hand for us, but I really don’t think that shaft got along with my swing. No matter what we did or how it was adjusted, it was a low-to-mid slicer. I did hit a couple fairly straight, and could tell the head is for real, I just want to shaft-tinker some and get one of these things flying right. The Fly-Z+ irons were really solid, in my opinion, and look great, too.

I had a great pairing for the day, getting to go out with Jitzy, Bucketsofjoy (both 1[SUP]st[/SUP] timers) and the veteran Canes, who I’ve never been able to get a round in with, somehow. Man, what a completely awesome round of golf. I have no idea what everyone scored, but it seemed like we were all playing some solid golf. Well, Canes did hit every bunker on the course, so I don't know about his score. :) After a couple 7s on the front, I caught fire on 10 and cruised to a really decent 40 on the back nine. Considering some of my balls I hit on the back, I had no business sniffing 40, but all the scrambling practice at the home course helped me out, I guess. Oh, there may have been a smidge of luck involved, too. To see what I mean, hit the spoilers.

Spoiler
My tee shot on 10 went way, way right. In retrospect, I’m glad it did, because it allowed the next shot to happen. See picture.
WaldorfShot_zpsdjzcdqxm.jpg

Spoiler
Hole of the day #2 was me trying to hit driver (we didn’t get along ALL day, which is why I was using 4W on almost every hole) to the green over the lake. I hit a low fading screamer over the water that skipped twice and landed up on the bank only about 40 yards short of the green. I hit a suh-weet PM grind 58° to about 7 feet, and then promptly ran the birdie putt right over the left edge. Missed by that much.
WaterSkip_zpsjthrzp7u.jpg

Basically, those two holes should never have been pars. But I’ll sure take them!!

Saturday night’s Mediterranean buffet was delicious. You can see way back earlier in this thread what was on the menu, but I’ll tell you it was all great. The ice cream sundae at the end was just the perfect topper for the meal. We sat at a really energetic and fun table and shot the breeze with everyone and had tons of laughs.
After dinner, the Canes’, the Gizmo’s, and the caeliric’s and I went to Wreckers to watch the rest of the Blackhawks v. Ducks game. I had a great time getting to know the guys better over a couple draft beers (while the ladies mingled over some wine and/or fruity drinks). Turns out Gizmo and I have a lot in common, considering he’s retired Canadian Air Force and worked in aviation, much like I did during my career. The Blackhawks won. THPers won. The evening was great! #GoHawks

Spoiler
b90ce5f74e0b9b16983d5b3a451feb7d.jpg

a0ecdc98b6b8192e90a3e80f4070fb0c.jpg

Sunday morning the day we all had been waiting for. Perfect weather. Perfect golf partners. Perfect putting?? I must say I’ve never seen a putting green so packed before. Jennifer and I played with the awesome MWard’s, Howzat’s, and Bucketsofjoy’s. What a group. Of all the time I’ve spent at events, I’d never gotten to play with Erik and it was a blast. I’ve played along with Michael before, and it’s always fun, but add in the apparently angelic and extremely patient Mrs. Ward and you have a good time ahead of you. By Sunday, Buckets was really getting into being at a THP event and had become a seasoned veteran. We keep telling people to come and don’t worry about being a newbie, and his testimonial should be taken to heart about what it is about THP events that keep people coming back.
I think we all played pretty well on Sunday. It was weird trying to pick targets and hit spots short of the green, or off to the sides, to allow for easy pitch shots to get up by the hole. Luckily, I was playing OK and was able to tell Jennifer, “I’m going to hit it right here (pointing on GPS in cart)”, and then pulling it off perfectly. We shot a JB-gimme-rule 92 so I don’t feel too bad. Wifey rolled about ten putts in her life outside of Putt-Putt 25 years ago, so she did OK. Congrats to Mrs. Ward for winning that driver that you don’t get to keep. I think Michael owes you something of comparable value; and no, Wardy, your charm and wit don’t count.

I hope nobody minds too much, but I gathered up some photos, outside of my own, and made a little movie; which apparently is a theme, of sorts. See spoiler. Hope you like.
Spoiler

Saying goodbye from this one on Sunday afternoon, was a bit more difficult than most events. I know it’s easy enough to get back together with most of you all, but we had a good time. I think she gets it now. We talked about almost everyone, how long I’ve known them, where there from, etc. all the way back home. We both made some great new buds here and we only have two people to thank for that; Josh and Morgan, for having the vision to get random strangers together to enjoy something we all love, while maybe developing some solid friendships at the same time.
Thanks, everyone, for this weekend.

Sean and Jennifer

Loved the video at the end, Toad! Was great meeting you at the event!

Awesome work, both of you.

It's kind of a bummer seeing updates from people I just didn't get to spend time with. I wish we had more time. I had a complete blast, but feel bad for not getting to know a few guys better.

Great stuff so far, I'll get my recap up today

Great Video right there, I love the anger out of me and Toad and the excitement out of Canes for putting it in yet another bunker. What a fun time we had. There really were a lot of laughs there.

Yeah Canes has some serious game but the poor guy just couldn't keep it out of the sand that day. It was tough/awesome to watch!

Wardy - I got a lot more banter, and anger, on my camera that I didn't put in my video. I'll try to put up the full length videos and edited pictures and PM you. It may take a bit.

T0AD - Great job, sir. It was a pleasure teeing it up with you guys.

I just hit it into another bunker!!! Great stuff guys. Love it.

I just hit it into another bunker!!! Great stuff guys. Love it.

those bunkers just snuck up on me on most holes, sucks you found them too but glad it wasnt just me.

i don't want to see sand for awile.

Toad that video was awesome.

It was awesome getting to meet everyone for this. I could say with 100% certainty that as long as I could get in I will continue to do this event. My wife was very nervous going into it because of the age differences but everyone made her feel comfortable and welcomed. For my first official event it was a great one, now we can't wait till the next event.

Freaking awesome T0AD!!! What a memorable weekend!

Great video T0AD, lots of great photos and really dig the tunes. A great recap of an amazing event with long lasting memories. Cheers to everyone who attended

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LiiTA Recap:

Travel Day(s):

Alrighty then, it's time for LiiTA 2015 Edition. Finished work and close up suitcases then hit the road at 2:30 (PDT) thursday. Sit in airport for 2 hours. 55 min flight, sit in Edmonton airport 4 more hours, 3:45 hour flight, sit in Toronto airport 4 more hours, arrive in Orlando 1:15pm Friday. Too tired to think we just jumped into rental car and headed to hotel, oops didn't think about gps and made a wrong turn. Arrived in room at 3:30pm. It was just nasty seeing that bed there but we knew better to not go anywhere near it

Freshen up and go meet at 5. As a first timer it was over whelming trying to get names to forum names with so many. Some I managed to recall from other pics posted on site. Swag bag full of sweetness. The keepsake bottle was a cool touch.

Off to dinner we go, great choice. Dana had never experienced the cooking at table before, she really enjoyed that. Great food to boot. JB & GG picked up that tab, wow, thank you very much.

Day 1:
I was paired up with golds and emart2173. Hit the putting green to see what these fast greens were about, yup they be quick. Warmed up on the range and hit some balls with the Fly-Z+. Hitting straight but short range so any distance pro/con could not fairly evaluated. We head over to the 1st tee since were 2nd group, and wouldn't it figure that the sky's open up. My game didn't travel that's for sure. My 1st THP drive went off the right side into the rough, across the cart path but grass none the less. During the round I swear Emart's ball had a sand magnet in it. Golds was fairly consistent didn't hit too many bunkers or water. I only hit 1 into the water which was a surprise. We periscoped hole 18 and had some followers. Had some laughs and got the 1st THP event jitters done with.

Back to hotel pool we find the THP SOs having fun in the sun, but that didn't last long, we brought the rain with us. That didn't stop anyone from sitting in the pool. The 'Cabana Nazi' let us use it for for a few minutes. Lots of chatter going on in the pool with the CPG people. Stayed at the pool until time to clean up for dinner. Venue was a nice setting and the food was great. Only went back for seconds before desert :) .

After dinner myself, Canes, Caeleric with our SO's met up with Toad at wreckers to catch the game. Turns out me and Toad had quite a similiar life since I'm retired CAF. In other words never home for birthdays, anniversaries and so on. It was here I learned there was quite a lot of us THP 1st timers. I thinking that taking the SO's must be the norm for a 1st event to show it's not a bunch of internet wierdo's. Wait, What? I guess if you golf it takes the wierdness out of it LOL

Day 2:
Nice and early and off to the course we go. Dana hits the putting green and I head over to the range, didn't hit too many since we were the last group to tee off. We were paired off with PhiilyV & Tanker337. Between the 3 couples there is some major miles covered here (BC, Ohio, Arizona). Jump to hole #7, Phil hit the green and left Kortney with a nice 25'. Kortney nails it while Phil was headed her way to correct her line, hahahaha, way to go Kortney. Your name should be engraved on that new driver. If anyone needs a wedge lesson Tanker337 is the man, pure artistry to the point of he should have his own grind. I periscope'd the group in front on 18 tee box. Now let me point out I take lousy photo's so the wife was taking photo's with her phone through out the weekend. After the round we head back to hotel and wouldn't you know it, the wife lost her phone, called over to course, no luck, sorry folks I got maybe 2 pics on my phone (blurry).

We went to dinner with emart2173s, golds and Sudsehs, now let me just say to matt, I think gina's real name is "danica patrick', if you see her driving get out of her way because she ain't stopping. We had a lot of laughs at dinner and gina pointed out I say 'eh' a bit, ouch, just put me down now lol.

Notes:

Tom Olsavsky, JLD, Rachel, Mike Yagley & Adam Schupak (from Golfweek filling in) thank you for your support, with out you guys we wouldn't have had this awesome event.
Josh & Morgan, wow, you guys just know how to do things right to the smallest details, a huge thank you for everything you do for us.
SWAG: well what's to be said, great stuff including the wardy visor, thank you.

We met alot of people over the weekend and some we didn't a chance to talk with at all but this is just the begining of a great THP adventure. My wife and I had a blast with nothing less than great people. I can now say 'FRIENDS' that we'll tee it up with again and again.

Our golfing friends back home will think this is a "whale of a tale' but only THP'rs know for sure.

PS: I know have a new sense of playing at sea-level vs 1,490 ft, wow talk about shorter game

Last edited:
great video Toad.

I just skimmed through 32 pages of awesome!! I really wish that I could have made it this year. I had to skim the thread after the fact as I couldn't even follow along live. Can't wait for the signups for this one next year though. As popular as this one is going to be, there's no doubt that the competition to get in year after year will get harder and harder.

The Wards just won a driver thanks to a great putt by the better half.

919042e147e5ec5f942b3d359512a201.jpg

So i was looking back at this thread and came to this picture and busted out laughing. That visor hahaha

HAHAHA. That is classic.

Whatever that visor was awesome and still is

I remember seeing you in it and thinking, um that's meant for your wife bro. Hahaha

My wife: "Why's he wearing the girl hat?"
Me: "Oh, that's just Wardy. He does things different sometimes."
Wife: "Oh. OK. (shrug) "

Hat was too big and the visor matched better. :shrug:

You know what also matches pretty well? That pretty Fly Z+ the Mrs secured

Back