Will You Create Your Legacy - 2015 #THPLegacy Event

Boy i missed a lot during a lesson and league.

Im in great shape now, and it will be even better in july.

Even my instructor is in awe about what im getting from THP and the sponsors.

My Captain knows best, and here is a message to my captain. Im not afraid of anyone.

I dont care what bag i get, but being autographed by Geyer and Vrska (sp) would be awesome. I want to be reminded of who gave me the tools to win.

~Rock

Great stuff going on on here. I try to catch up on this thread at least weekly. But with the activity picking up I'll need to do at least every other day, to keep up ��

il I've all the progress being made on the handicaps and fitness. And to hear the pieces are coming together (literally) is pretty exciting.

I I know a few of you guys will be in Pittsburgh and KC, so I can't wait to see your excitement in person.

And major shout out to Dev and 441. Being a captain is not an easy task at all. Then throwin the fact it is for an event that they had no real way of knowing how it will all unfold, is pretty daunting.

My early season, solid, game has cooled, especially in a couple of specific areas. Went back to working on those, specifically, given the step back.

As to the equipment, it is fun talking to non-THPers, when I have to convince them that I'm telling the truth about playing a full bag from sponsors of the event.
The dumbfounded looks you get when explaining it never get old. They always have to ask, "What's the name of the website again?"

Without a doubt it has been fun explaining to non-THPers what I am apart off. They usually respond with, "well I'm not that good." Once you tell them what THP is really all about, they figure out very quickly how cool it is to be apart of this forum. I don't know if I have recruited anybody but I will say its a lot of fun explaining to people what THP really is all about.

How many participants are going to be coming to Myrtle Beach in the best shape they have been in in at least 2 years?
Right here. I'm already lighter than I've been in that time, lots more work to do. I've already created a legacy I can be happy with, just improving my body alongside my game. Going to Myrtle Beach and helping #TeamTradition bring home a win is just icing on the cake.

Without a doubt it has been fun explaining to non-THPers what I am apart off. They usually respond with, "well I'm not that good." Once you tell them what THP is really all about, they figure out very quickly how cool it is to be apart of this forum. I don't know if I have recruited anybody but I will say its a lot of fun explaining to people what THP really is all about.
Tell them a 36 handicap got picked and is working his ass off. :act-up:

Looking like Cace & I will be getting in another competitive round tomorrow afternoon.

We've had to play the ball up because it's been so wet, but tomorrow we'll play it as it lies. Interested to see what that does to the scoring.

The week prior to getting picked for #THPLegacy I had purchased my first set of lessons. I have been trying valently to schedule my lessons for the past months for my Legacy prep. However my instructor travels between his other schools in Michigan, Tennessee and Florida. Well this Saturday is my first lesson with him and I pretty pumped about it.

Originally my wife was going to come with me and she wanted to record some of the stuff we were going to work on. As luck would have it, there is sale that she "can not miss" so I'm going to attend myself. I am however going to try to record some of the session, in hopes of sharing with the forum.

Look who I found... #TeamTradition
adf7ae5ec02dbca29de1619fde7cd688.jpg

And then after talking to me for 10 minutes
40ec8d5bfaaf7630660564c2f46c50bd.jpg

I had a lesson today. I had been worried about my driver since I got extremely loose with it Sunday. Of course, I mashed it in front of my pro, and he told me not to change a thing. My irons are an issue right now. I need to keep my hands more ahead of the ball.

As part of my Legacy prep I'm playing in a Vancouver Golf Tour 36 hole stroke play event over the weekend. Usually I get waxed out there but I want to test my game under pressure. Match play would no doubt be better practice for Legacy but I can't find any local match play tournaments coming up soon. At the very least I'll get to test my nerve for the 1st tee jitters with a group of people watching.

My workgroup took a day off yesterday and built a house for Habitat for Humanity. Great experience, but this morning I'm about as sore as I've ever been. Tee'ing off in 90 minutes at a course I've never played. I think this might be a good litmus test for me for Sunday singles. Minus the unbearable heat...

Being tourney battled is never a bad thing, good luck out there this weekend

As part of my Legacy prep I'm playing in a Vancouver Golf Tour 36 hole stroke play event over the weekend. Usually I get waxed out there but I want to test my game under pressure. Match play would no doubt be better practice for Legacy but I can't find any local match play tournaments coming up soon. At the very least I'll get to test my nerve for the 1st tee jitters with a group of people watching.
Go get'm Curtis. You been putting a lot of time in, so I expect you'll play better than you think you will.

Hey Bridgestone guys...
@BridgestoneGolf is tweeting THPer quotes from the mystery ball testing. Could be a great way to mix it up with them.

Awesome Curtis. Its one of the things I am so glad I did last year leading up to the MC. Unlike you, I think, I had absolutely no tournament or match play experience leading up to it. I didnt win and didnt play that great but there were many many lessons I took away from that experience. Good luck!

The sun is shining, the fairways are dry and green, and I've got a tee time with Shakey at 1 PM. Time for some #THPLegacy match play prep!! :banana:
Gonna be a good time today. I'm even going to need sunscreen for a change.

If you want to get to the club early & warm up, the range balls are in the cart storage area on the back left of the bldg. just tell them your playing with me. We don't do tee times at there.

I'll be coming in from a meeting out here in Siloam Springs. I'm trying to get out early, so I should be there between 12:30 & 12:50.

Came across this quote and it seems pretty accurate for this event. Accountability is huge and is something each participant should think about. Accountability to yourself and your teammates.

A winner is someone who works to become a champion all the time, even when no one is watching.

I got some work in today in wet conditions just in case we have to play through some afternoon storms. It got me thinking if we have to play in rain who will put on some kind of rain gear and who will skip the gear due to heat?

I got some work in today in wet conditions just in case we have to play through some afternoon storms. It got me thinking if we have to play in rain who will put on some kind of rain gear and who will skip the gear due to heat?
Breathable rain gear all the way

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Only thing I have is some of my college BP tops that are short sleeve and rain proof, but they can get hot. Unless it is bad rain I most likely will just throw on the rain gloves and keep grinding.

Today was likely my last round before minor surgery this coming Tuesday. I feel like I am very, very close to a breakthrough. I just have to hope I can pick up where I left off in a couple weeks.

Today was likely my last round before minor surgery this coming Tuesday. I feel like I am very, very close to a breakthrough. I just have to hope I can pick up where I left off in a couple weeks.
Get well soon Erky, want you healthy for Legacy. Looking forward to meeting up with you.

Chaotic week at work is done. Going to do some short game work this afternoon, focusing on a few specific shots I've had to play on Bermuda in the past. Don't have the Bermuda to completely replicate it, but I'll be imagining those lies/situations.

Spent this morning with my swing instructer today for my first lesson. This was the first time we got to work together and it was interesting to say the least. The lesson was an hour long and I did not hit one ball. Instead he wanted to focus on key aspects of the swing along with setup and posture. One thing that he emphasized was to turn the shoulders not spin them. What does that mean? Basically he wanted my shoulders to turn more vertical than horizontal. Couple that with my head position, it was information over load.

Afterwards I decided to head to the range to practice what we worked on. I wanted to get a good feel for it. Took a couple of swings but I really was enjoying what I was seeing. Felt a little more natural than my original swing and setup. I am meeting up with him next week for lesson two. Enjoying were this is going.

Back