Single-length irons

Rock if you make it out to round I have a set of SL irons you can try out.

Rock if you make it out to round I have a set of SL irons you can try out.

That would be awesome, I think it would help my game. Also looking forward to meeting a few of you guys.

Thanks

I've had the cobra's for 5 rounds now. Love them!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

bumping this to see if there is more feedback. thinking on it myself!

Check out the threads in the first couple of responses. TONS of feedback.

Check out the threads in the first couple of responses. TONS of feedback.

Yes, tequilla4Kapp listed the same ones I would recommend as I have been putting my thoughts in there.

I will say they are not for everyone, one of the Cobra representatives we were lucky enough to spend time in at the morgan cup recommended that you test them out if possible and gave a simple but pretty brilliant way of finding out if they work for you.

Find somewhere that has a launch monitor that can give you carry yardage, peak height and descent angle. Get some impact tape if possible as that can be the deciding factor. Use impact tape on the 5I and 9I swings where you test your yardage (different tape for each club, please keep track of which tape is for which club)

Warm up, then hit 3 shots with a 7I. Get your yardage. Then hit 3 shots with a standard 5I, get your yardage/peak height/descent angle. hit a couple 7I to get back to normal, then hit 3 shots with a standard 9I get your yardage/peak height/descent angle.

Hit a few more 7I, then hit 3 shots with a single length 5I, get your yardage/peak height/descent angle, hit a couple more 7I then hit 3 shots with a single length 9I, get your yardage/peak height/descent angle.

You should have roughly 20 yard gaps with at least one or possibly both sets. If yardage gaps are acceptable for both, look at the impact tape and see which set you hit more consistently. Go with that option, some will be better with single length, some will be better with variable length.

Back