Android Phone Thread

Actually using the Google keyboard and it isn't too bad. Been using Swiftkey for so long and never thought to try out the Google keyboard. It seems that the Lollipop update has been quite good for the keyboard.
SwiftKey will have to be pried from my cold dead hands

I don't know if it just Samsung but I have the same problem on my S4 after the update to Lollipop

I like the alarm clock on lollipop, not sure if its the same as the Samsungs or not.

I am saying that it doesn't show what time the alarm is scheduled to go off unless you actually open the app

Just as an idea what kind of battery life I'm getting, I had a normal work day for me, 12 hours off charger, 2 hours and 17 minutes of screen time, 47 minutes of talk time. 49% battery life remaining.

Just as an idea what kind of battery life I'm getting, I had a normal work day for me, 12 hours off charger, 2 hours and 17 minutes of screen time, 47 minutes of talk time. 49% battery life remaining.
That is impressive. I am very happy with this phone in every aspect. Really happy with the choice

I am saying that it doesn't show what time the alarm is scheduled to go off unless you actually open the app

Yup, that's what I've really dislike about the new alarm clock. I can get it on the Edge screen briefly but it only tells the time, not the date. On previous Samsung phones, I liked double checking the lock screen and seeing the time and date when the alarm was set. Put my mind at ease. With the S6 I'm wondering if it's set to the right time and date and the only way to find out is to open the app. I actually went back to my old phone (which I kept as a backup) for my alarm clock and have been much happier. Kinda annoying but they botched the alarm clock so badly that I just don't trust it right now.

Yup, that's what I've really dislike about the new alarm clock. I can get it on the Edge screen briefly but it only tells the time, not the date. On previous Samsung phones, I liked double checking the lock screen and seeing the time and date when the alarm was set. Put my mind at ease. With the S6 I'm wondering if it's set to the right time and date and the only way to find out is to open the app. I actually went back to my old phone (which I kept as a backup) for my alarm clock and have been much happier. Kinda annoying but they botched the alarm clock so badly that I just don't trust it right now.

Yep sounds like a TouchWiz thing, my lock screen still shows my alarm. uploadfromtaptalk1433206750874.jpg

It is probably possible to download the stock Android alarm clock.

TouchWiz strikes again! Haha

Yep sounds like a TouchWiz thing, my lock screen still shows my alarm. View attachment 20151

It is probably possible to download the stock Android alarm clock.

Yup, that's all I'm looking for. It's nice to see it on the lock screen before going to bed.

TouchWiz strikes again! Haha

Honestly, TouchWiz is so much better on the S6 than previous versions but they somehow manage to completely botch something as simple as displaying the alarm clock. :banghead:

Another thing I have really enjoyed about the alarm clock is any impending alarms pop up as a notification, so if you are already up you can just kill it from your lock screen before it ever goes off. I don't know if non Samsungs did that in the past or not.

Honestly, TouchWiz is so much better on the S6 than previous versions but they somehow manage to completely botch something as simple as displaying the alarm clock. :banghead:

Yeah that's what I have heard about the new TW. People that I have talked to have loved the Edge. Just try and go get a replacement for the alarm.

Anybody thinking of picking up the Nexus 6; Best Buy, Amazon and Google Store has the 32 GB $499 and the last 2 have the 64GB for $549. Use a mover's coupon at BB to save $50 off that price.

Anybody thinking of picking up the Nexus 6; Best Buy, Amazon and Google Store has the 32 GB $499 and the last 2 have the 64GB for $549. Use a mover's coupon at BB to save $50 off that price.
Already have mine and if you are looking for a nice clean and fast Android experience you can not go wrong. Just a great device all around. That is a good deal also

Well damn, I wish they had that a month ago.

Just got the LG G4! Feels awesome so far. Anyone else who have this one?

Well damn, I wish they had that a month ago.

Dont most big box stores honor a sale price on an item if it happens in a 30 day window of purchase? Not sure if you fall in that time frame but if you do its worth checking out.

I'm still enjoying my S5, but my memory is really topped out due to apps. I have a 32 G SD card in the phone, and moved MOST of the apps that I can, to the card. Still, it won't let me update a lot of my apps due to there not being enough space left for the updates. Not sure what I need to do. I'd push a lot to the SD card, but it would let me in most cases.

Great Google Photos update today definitely worth checking out

my phone is possessed today. Down to 3% from 100% this morning when I left the house at 8:15. No clue what the heck is killing it. Screen time was 16 minutes.

my phone is possessed today. Down to 3% from 100% this morning when I left the house at 8:15. No clue what the heck is killing it. Screen time was 16 minutes.
Um... That's not very good. Anything hogging it in the battery settings?

You still rocking the LG G2? It's an issue with the latest google play services update. Been happening to my wife and I (and a ton of other users) at least every other day.

Android System, Android OS, and Google Play Services leading the charge on battery drain.

Meant to add that it's not just the G2 that this is happening to. Seen reports of it happening on Galaxy 5 and note users as well

Um... That's not very good. Anything hogging it in the battery settings?

biggest thing was media, which makes some sense to me as I was listening to music for 10 minutes on my walk to work. Not from the cloud though. Then it said Android OS(Which I expected) and everything else was very low. Just strange, haven't had a bad battery day since I reset it about 6 weeks ago.

You still rocking the LG G2? It's an issue with the latest google play services update. Been happening to my wife and I (and a ton of other users) at least every other day.

Android System, Android OS, and Google Play Services leading the charge on battery drain.

Nope, GS5. When I first kicked to 5.0 I had battery issues, reset and all has been good until today.

biggest thing was media, which makes some sense to me as I was listening to music for 10 minutes on my walk to work. Not from the cloud though. Then it said Android OS(Which I expected) and everything else was very low. Just strange, haven't had a bad battery day since I reset it about 6 weeks ago.

Nope, GS5. When I first kicked to 5.0 I had battery issues, reset and all has been good until today.

I suggest doing a full factory reset.

Back