The Official 2014-15 NBA Thread

I expected it and am not surprised. But it still makes me nervous lol

I think I read Gilbert would have to pay a tax of $52M (or $56M) if the Cavs resign everyone and would end up with a $200M payroll...the biggest in league history

I think I read Gilbert would have to pay a tax of $52M (or $56M) if the Cavs resign everyone and would end up with a $200M payroll...the biggest in league history

Ya I read that too. But that includes the contracts for Haywood and Marion which is like $15m next year. That's gone. And I don't think Shump and JR are both here next year

they can sign DWade for a lot less dollars :)

Rumors this morning that the Lakers are leaning toward Russell at #2, as well as rumblings that Aldridge is done in Portland and is looking at Dallas, SA, LA and NY.

Does that handcuff them, I don't follow the money so I don't know

Rumors this morning that the Lakers are leaning toward Russell at #2, as well as rumblings that Aldridge is done in Portland and is looking at Dallas, SA, LA and NY.

I believe SA and LA are the front runners for Aldridge. I personally would prefer Gasol over Aldridge for the Spurs, but either would be beneficial the next 2 years.

Does that handcuff them, I don't follow the money so I don't know
Link

• Teams above the apron cannot use the Bi-Annual exception (see question number 25).
  • Teams above the apron have a smaller Mid-Level exception (see question number 25). Teams above the apron can offer contracts no longer than three years, while other teams can offer four. The starting salary is also lower (for example, in 2011-12 it is $3 million for teams above the apron, versus $5 million for other teams).
  • Taxpaying teams can acquire less salary in a simultaneous trade (see question number 84).
  • Starting in 2013-14, teams cannot receive a player in a sign-and-trade transaction (see question number 91) if their team salary is above the apron at the conclusion of the trade.
  • Teams above the apron do not have the same protections under the Gilbert Arenas provision (see question number 45). Under the Arenas provision other teams can offer restricted free agents salaries starting at the Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level exception. If a team with the right of first refusal does not have Early Bird rights to the player and is over the apron, it will have only the smaller Taxpayer Mid-Level exception at its disposal, and cannot match an offer for the full Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level exception.
In addition, taxpaying teams do not receive a distribution from the league wide tax fund. However, they do receive a distribution from the escrow fund (see question number 22).

Any team that passes on DeAngelo Russell tonight will regret the decision for years to come.
He's good that's for sure. Carried ohio state all year long

And right on cue Bilas says he is the best pure basketball player in the draft

I would've taken Winslow if I was the lakers, I get the need though.

7'1", 220.

Dang. That's thin. Hopefully they'll keep the windows closed in MSG.

Well the sixers just got their embiid insurance. I like it.

Rail thin. He should be in a weight program right now. He won't make it unless gains 30 lbs fast.
7'1", 220.

Dang. That's thin. Hopefully they'll keep the windows closed in MSG.

Orlando goes bust too... ooof. How do you not take Winslow or Mudiay?

The Heat got so lucky with Winslow dropping to them. I think he's going to be a fantastic pro.

The Heat got so lucky with Winslow dropping to them. I think he's going to be a fantastic pro.
Pat Riley is dancing in South Beach tonight. Some say the 3rd best player in the draft.

You think the Duke player will be good?

Hmmmm...

Wanted Okafor to the Lakers but love Russell. I can understand the pick as there are more good big men in FA vs good guards.

Miami got a steal in Winslow at 10

Houston with a great pick with Dekker

Phil Jackson doesn't even like his pick. This interview is ridiculous. He sounded like he wasn't even sold on the guy lol

Phil Jackson doesn't even like his pick. This interview is ridiculous. He sounded like he wasn't even sold on the guy lol
Crap I missed it...tuned in again just in time to see cavs soon

Back