Are you an early AM crack of dawn type of player?

I much prefer playing in the afternoon. Prefer playing in the warmest temps possible. year round and the courses are typically a little less crowded.

I love early golf and most of the time start between 7-7:30 but lately I have tried to get in some later rounds since that is when the THP events are normally played and it is a different game with dry greens and the heat. We played later on at Kinderlou in the non official "Gethering" and the heat was a big issue or maybe it was just a too much Fireball issue.

I absolutely am. If I could tee off at 5am I would. Something about being at the course first thing in the morning and having no one around is just about perfect for me

yes, it keeps me golfing an amount I can live with and happily married. If I can make it home by lunch my wife doesn't get fed up with golf till mid August..hahaha.

I am not a morning person. Never have been. But I will get up early for a THP outing. The rest of my golf will wait, usually played in the evenings.

Tee times seem to start at 6AM around here. I get up early usually and will do an early time if someone has set one up - but I play way better after 8am and even better in the afternoon mostly due to just being stiff and grumpy in the early morning and not having time to properly get loose and warm up. It doesn't help that courses are usually wet in the morning, especially in summer and the rough (where I'll be often) will be a pita to hit out of. That being said it sure is nice to be done with 18 by 9:30 A.M.

yes, it keeps me golfing an amount I can live with and happily married. If I can make it home by lunch my wife doesn't get fed up with golf till mid August..hahaha.

Hahaha so much this. The first time this season I had a 6:30 tee time and was home by 10:30 her first words were "I like 6:30 tee times"

I used to be. We'd usually hit our first tee shots hoping that by the time we walked to approximately where we thought they went, it would be light enough to actually find them.

I absolutely am. If I could tee off at 5am I would. Something about being at the course first thing in the morning and having no one around is just about perfect for me

two wise men...

My wife was fed up with golf from the day we met, and also my Football season tix, my skiing, and my motorcycle (although that one cam later on). But 22 years later and still doing all of them :) It is what it is.

But skiing has become very limited. Just much toooo expensive and time consuming.

I like it. The greens are better and no lumpy donut around the hole. I film my swing early in the am as I'm the only one out there as well.

I got up yesterday at 4:45 for 5:45 tee time. This morning no golf just regular day at work and I didn't even think about getting up before 7:15am. Something's are just worth getting up early for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only thing I wake up early for on a regular basis is work. The only time I tee off before 10 AM is for a tournament or in the dead of summer, which is quickly approaching.

Used to be. Gave it up though. Now I like to wait until I wake up and its warm out. I will get at it as early as 8 am on really hot days to play though.

Crack of dawn? No.

Crack of noon? Yes.

As it happens, though, early rounds do go faster, so I guess I'm slowly learning to like the early rounds. Not sure my body agrees, though.

I enjoy early morning rounds. It is usually quiet, the light is good, the animals are not out in abundance, and the round goes quickly.
Having said that, I will play any time of day.

I'm a twilight golfer. The golden hour is the best time of day and I have the course all to myself.

You learn to play very early here in AZ during the summer. I love the mornings for a nice round of golf

I love to be the first one on the tee box. It is not easy to do here in Texas, with how busy the courses are. I used to love being on the course when there was still dew on the greens. That was my favorite smell and view.

I did something I have never done in my whole golf career yesterday. I hit a bucket of balls at 5:15 am, that is a first for me. Had the whole range to myself / and course if i had time to play . Was hard for my body to adjust to doing a physical activity that early. I'm convinced I'm a 9 am type of guy, screw that dawn patrol for me

I HATE early mornings. I am not a morning person, as i am typing this at 7:11 and have been at work for over an hour.... But i am not a morning person, I prefer the night. As far as golf I personally like mid afternoon rounds, between lunch and dinner.

I wish the course would open earlier, I hate waiting for the first tee time, 6am is way too late

I love playing early in the AM. I like being home by 12 plus in the middle of summer it kind of sucks playing in 100+ degree heat.

On occasion my passion for golf can cause a little friction with the wife. Though I play every weekend that weather allows, it helps that I play with a group who always have the first tee times of the day. It's a little rough having to set the alarm for 5:30 for our 6:17 tee time, but by doing it that way I'm done and back home no later than 11:00. Domestic tranquility is not to be underrated.

This time of year, it's light from 4:30 am to 10pm here. I may golf before and after work tomorrow as have a fun tournament this weekend. I need practice.

Back