ever hit a ball as it fell off the tee?

rollin

"Just playin golf pally"
Reaction score
Handicap
I think weve all seen balls fall off a tee. But this time was a first for me. The ball fell while I was swinging. Not just started to swing and not in my back swing where I could pull away, but actually made the transition and was coming in for the strike as the ball decides to drop off the tee. No way I could stop and so I suppose I reacted to it and managed to barely clip the ball with toe side of driver as it was falling. Anyway heads dead right 90* and right at my playing partners standing to that side...lol made on jump out of his pants.

But the ball had almost nothing on it as the strike only grazed it so it really was a slow moving ball. But at the moment it first happened the player of course had no clue the ball didn't have any power in it and thought he was getting a bullet and so jumped and danced like a rabbit ..lol it was too funny especially since the ball was really dead and just bounced somewhat lazily past him. We all had a goof laugh. So just thought to share that. And fwiw no I didn't count the stroke for the casual round :) I figure that's one I could give myself :)

It's never happened to me, but I'm glad it happened to anyone else instead of me, haha.

Haha, that's wild! Funny memory you all will share forever.

Never even came close to that happening to me thankfully. Probably have hit an oscillating ball with a putter though due to wind.

Was it windy or were you reusing an old and busted tee or something? LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha, that's wild! Funny memory you all will share forever.

Never even came close to that happening to me thankfully. Probably have hit an oscillating ball with a putter though due to wind.

Was it windy or were you reusing an old and busted tee or something? LOL

not windy enough for that and I use 4more yrd tees which always hold a ball really well. But I guess I just placed it n the ground much too slanted this time.

That's kinda crazy. I've never seen that happen, but I'd have been dancing like a rabbit too if I'd seen the ball coming at me.

Never had it happen to me in the downswing but in a recent lesson I had just got to the top of my backswing when the ball fell off the tee

I stopped and my instructor looked at me wondering what had happened and asked if I was okay and then realised what had happened

He initially thought my back had seized and was a bit worried about it ?

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Never happened to me personally but 3 or 4 months ago I saw it happen to my buddy just as he was about to impact the ball. He caught a little more of it than you did and hit a low screaming push fade off the toe that went maybe 150 yards forward and 80 yards left into the adjacent fairway (he's a lefty). With all the wind at his back that day, had he hit that tee shot flush, he would've been well over 300. I was in that vicinity off that tee that day and my buddy is much longer than me. In this case his ball was definitely blown off the tee. The winds were beyond crazy that day, prompting me to start a thread in here asking if you'd play in 100 yard winds. I was GPSing greater than a 100 yard differences in my tee shots if into the wind versus downwind.

No, but I seen a guy hit his driver and only hit the tee, the ball fell exactly where his tee was.

Iv seen it happen once, but the ball fell straight back and the club caught it clean. I thought it was a pretty impressive outcome

Several years ago playing at the Legacy group of courses in MB on the Moorland course the ball fell off the tee during my swing. It was a very gusty day and on my down swing the ball fell off the off the tee to the inside. I made an adjustment mid swing and still hit the ball. It only went about 80 yards but I still was able to hit it.

This happened to my regular playing partner last week. Ball apparently was just falling off the tee as he hit it. He got about a 180 yard drive, but kept screaming "did you see that!"

Happened to me once. Teed off with a 5i so I had it low. Took the back swing and as I started down it rolled off the tee just before impact. Actually managed to hit it right where I was wanting. Crazy

I haven't had that happen, but I had a similar incident that didn't involve a tee.

I hit my tee shot into the rough a few yards off the fairway. It was kind of fluffed up in the grass, and I grabbed a hybrid. Similar to the OP, the change in status happened at the point it was too late to bail out. The ball dropped...not just further into the grass, but into a hole below it. I completely whiffed, as the entire ball was now below ground level.

My brother in law was my playing partner that day and was standing nearby. He saw the whole thing and said, "Did tht just fall in a hole?!"

Not really knowing how to proceed I took an unplayable, as there was no chance at making contact in that hole.

I've had it happen when my swing was still going back and I was able to stop. Never had it happen when I was at the 'point of no return' though.

It takes great hand-eye coordination to be able to even clip the ball like that, so... you've got that going for ya!

- Chuck

High school regionals my freshman year a senior on our team playing in the last group needed to make a par for us to qualify for states. Hole was around 500 yards which was long in 1998. His ball fell off the tee in his backswing, leading to a top. He muscled 3 wood, 3 wood and hit a 50 yard pitch to ten feet to salvage par and make it. I still remember the look on his face after he topped the tee shot.

Great story NCSU. One of my favorite things about golf are the times when players are dealt a horrible break and persevere.

Only on practice mats for me with those rubber tees. The surface below the mat was a slick concrete so when I would pull the club back the mat moved ever so slightly causing the ball to move on the tee. It was pointless to hit balls off of that thing.

Back