New Member from the cold Northeast

rlefig

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Hi,

My name is Rob and I am not very good at golf.

I am 50 years old and have been golfing for almost 30 years. I was ok at golf like 20 years ago when I was out golfing 10-20 times a year but these last 10 years have not been so frequent and my game has suffered. I went twice this year, both days in the rain and cold in Massachusetts and both days shot above 100. Which is total yuk! Last year I golfed maybe 5-10 times and by the end of the year was close to 90, but had a lot of high scores as well.

I even signed up for some lessons to help out my swing to get some consistency and predictability as it is frustrating.

Currently in my bag are Taylor Made RBZ2 driver and woods and Taylor Made RocketBladez irons. Not sure if these are GI clubs or SGI clubs or if it wood even make a difference.

A guy I golf with has the BigBertha Fusion and Big Bertha OS irons and he swears by them and can hit them well. But frankly I think it is more my swing than clubs.

Anyways hope to get a bunch of good info to help me improve. Any ideas on places to look on site or other places online would be great.

thanks

Welcome to THP.

Welcome

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome, and your probably right about the swing vs the clubs. But new equipment can definitely help, also find a instruction you can go to once a month if you really want improve. He/She should also be able to help with equipment too.

Welcome to THP!!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome! We've got a pretty active contingent of New England/Northeast THPers here.

Welcome!

Welcome to THP!!

Welcome rob

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Welcome aboard! Like mentioned above, be sure to check out the New England thread. Lots of golfers up here who are used to the cold.

Welcome to THP.

Welcome to THP.

Welcome to THP! Lots of great folks on here from MA / New England! Looking forward to getting a round in together at some point!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

:welcome:

Welcome!

Back