DC MD VA Area Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well only got 3 holes in before a nasty T Storm rolled in.

042897985d5d189de96b81698550d94f.jpg

After starting with a double went back to back pars... Better safe than sorry

I did see this craziness though...

d58669fad1eabdbba40dc5a65baaccf0.jpg

a1f00b4dc7d66e812fc020e2de29e37a.jpg

b1b3b94c94f45ab519f613b7db0a9d9e.jpg

I still have so many questions about this FootGolf

That came through Pittsburgh about 4:30 and sent several guys scurrying fir the clubhouse.

Lucky I was playing with an airline captain who got notice of it and we beat it to the clubhouse.

SaA

Had a storm roll in like that while playing down here in Fl. on Wednesday. Got to hole 8 and it started to rain (in all honesty we saw the line coming but thought we could get through 9 and then back into the club house). Well by the end of hole 8 it was coming down in sheets and thunder and lightning like crazy. We ended up under a tree (yeah not the smartest thing) and waited about 40 minutes for it to all pass. I suggested heading back after 7 but my BIL who lives there said we had time. Last time I listen to him. Bad thing is I was -2 through 7 and rushed on 8 to get into the cart trying to beat the coming rain - taking a triple. After the storms I was all stiff from sitting in the cold and couldn't hit a drive to save my life (one of the few times the driver, irons and putter were all hot - chipped in on one hole for a bird and was making putts from 15-20 ft for either tap ins or par saves). Ended up 5 over on the front and went on a cold streak shooting a 87 total. Hated that the weather broke my rhythm and play, glad I didn't get hit by lightning though, LOL.

I think that the new take on golf, after the disc golf thing. I don't think I can kick a ball that far though so I'd be at a disadvantage. My wife just told me that some courses are doing something like this but with a device that's similar to a lacrosse stick. I guess it's something to bring in soccer fans. Plus there's very little equipment expenses as long as you have shoes.

I think that the new take on golf, after the disc golf thing. I don't think I can kick a ball that far though so I'd be at a disadvantage. My wife just told me that some courses are doing something like this but with a device that's similar to a lacrosse stick. I guess it's something to bring in soccer fans. Plus there's very little equipment expenses as long as you have shoes.

The stick thing they call sling golf, IIRC. There's a resort in VA that has that advertised, Massanutten maybe.

Well the Maryland contingent didn't bring back a win from Pittsburgh, but it was still great to get to spend some extended time with EMart2173, BigBall, T2GRN18 and LeeB and to meet TBanks for the first time. He promised to pop in the thread more often and to try and make the next locsl outing.

I think we all enjoyed playing Olde Stonewall but we're not shedding any tears over not having to play it again anytime soon.

The he best way I can describe it, take the layout of Lake Presidential (certainly not conditions just layout) with the rolling terrain and lots of elevation changes and forced carries over environmental areaa and combine it with the look of Musket Ridge fescie lined fairways. Quite a challenge.

But at the condition and facilities were A+

Seems like it was a blast! Makes me want to get out and play with you all soon.

I am playing referee this morning for the boys wrestling match haha

4dad5aec1476538b67dc72799e8a0f99.jpg

Seems like it was a blast! Makes me want to get out and play with you all soon.

I am playing referee this morning for the boys wrestling match haha

4dad5aec1476538b67dc72799e8a0f99.jpg
That is awesome. They are getting so big already.

We we definitly need to get a local one together soon.

That is awesome. They are getting so big already.

We we definitly need to get a local one together soon.
Yeah it is crazy how fast they change.

We absolutely do, I am done with school this week. Sometime in July would be ideal but if given enough lead time I could make arrangements with the wife.

Yeah it is crazy how fast they change.

We absolutely do, I am done with school this week. Sometime in July would be ideal but if given enough lead time I could make arrangements with the wife.
I really need to hit the range a lot before the KC event, the way I played yesterday was an embarrassment. I know its against THP code to apologize for your play. But it was the worst I've ever played since taking up the game.

Id like to play before then but the schedule is very tight. Next weekend we're celebrating our 20th anniversary by going to the Hyatt Chesapeake Resort. We are going to take a 2 person lesson there. It'll be the first time Michelle ever has a gold club in her hand. She is worried that the instructor won't be able to teach a beginner and a advanced person in the same lesson.

No worries about thsr. He'll be teaching too beginners now ��

I really need to hit the range a lot before the KC event, the way I played yesterday was an embarrassment. I know its against THP code to apologize for your play. But it was the worst I've ever played since taking up the game.

Id like to play before then but the schedule is very tight. Next weekend we're celebrating our 20th anniversary by going to the Hyatt Chesapeake Resort. We are going to take a 2 person lesson there. It'll be the first time Michelle ever has a gold club in her hand. She is worried that the instructor won't be able to teach a beginner and a advanced person in the same lesson.

No worries about thsr. He'll be teaching too beginners now ?
I hear ya but I wouldn't worry about it. Do your best to play as well as you can.

This has taken me a long while to realize and now my situation I do not have practice time anymore. So when I get to play it is usually only 9 holes at an executive County course, this is my reality and I have embraced it. On the other hand it is free to play so I treat them as on course practice sessions. It is not long so when I go play longer courses I struggle. I am working on trying to use my practice to prepare for longer courses.

I just love this game so much and will do whatever I can to stay with it and introduce my boys to it.

I hear ya but I wouldn't worry about it. Do your best to play as well as you can.

This has taken me a long while to realize and now my situation I do not have practice time anymore. So when I get to play it is usually only 9 holes at an executive County course, this is my reality and I have embraced it. On the other hand it is free to play so I treat them as on course practice sessions. It is not long so when I go play longer courses I struggle. I am working on trying to use my practice to prepare for longer courses.

I just love this game so much and will do whatever I can to stay with it and introduce my boys to it.

Thanks. That is a great approach to have. And trust me I don't expect to break 80 or even 90 each time I out. But it is very hard to enjoy when you can't hit the ball 20 yards off the tee or when you to its sliced 50 yards right

we played a realively short distance 6200 and on Fridsy I manged to hit the 3w off the tee pretty well and manage. But I've never experienced a day like yesterday.

This will make sense only to MDHacker, but remember our UPS friend and the driver yips he went through at LP during the solstice. It's just like that right now.

I Know the best thing to do is take a deep breath enjoy the lesson and scenery next weekend and eventually I'll find my way back.

All the big storms over the past week have missed Woodbridge which is cool with me :alien2:

The stick thing they call sling golf, IIRC. There's a resort in VA that has that advertised, Massanutten maybe.

Sling golf.....or Fling golf?? At Forest Green in Woodbridge they have signs for Flinggolf. It costs around $30 for 18 holes. I asked the pro how often people play it....he said only once since the beginning of 2014. Not very popular :bad:

Here's a video:

That's it. Not very encouraging numbers though. I would think the fling style game might be popular with younger folks if it isn't cost prohibitive.

That's it. Not very encouraging numbers though. I would think the fling style game might be popular with younger folks if it isn't cost prohibitive.

I think the issue these alternative versions of golf are that you wouldn't know about them unless you go to a golf course. Alternatives like fling golf, kickgolf, bigger holes, etc are only really advertised to people that already go to a golf course or that play golf.

I think young people that want to play a version of golf more like places like Topgolf. You can hit the ball, have drinks and food and enjoy the company of your friends.

Yep, that's where she saw it. I'm going up there in two weeks for a week.

Post via Taptalk

Thanks. That is a great approach to have. And trust me I don't expect to break 80 or even 90 each time I out. But it is very hard to enjoy when you can't hit the ball 20 yards off the tee or when you to its sliced 50 yards right

we played a realively short distance 6200 and on Fridsy I manged to hit the 3w off the tee pretty well and manage. But I've never experienced a day like yesterday.

This will make sense only to MDHacker, but remember our UPS friend and the driver yips he went through at LP during the solstice. It's just like that right now.

I Know the best thing to do is take a deep breath enjoy the lesson and scenery next weekend and eventually I'll find my way back.
Ouch...

Post via Taptalk

Sling golf.....or Fling golf?? At Forest Green in Woodbridge they have signs for Flinggolf. It costs around $30 for 18 holes. I asked the pro how often people play it....he said only once since the beginning of 2014. Not very popular :bad:

Here's a video:

If you're going to take a stick and hurl the ball, might as well use a golf club instead (hurling the golf club optional, lol). I think they are really trying to expand the uses of a golf course with these alternative form of play.

Post via Taptalk

That sucks man. Sorry to hear it but give it some time and practice and you will get there. I always try and set little small goals to strive for each round and once you meet those set some others.

Good luck on the journey! That's what it is really all about in the end

I feel your pain. I have played some of the worst golf of my life from March until now. My handicap has went from 12.9 to 18.4 during that time period. It is easy to say "I play just for fun...regardless of score"...but a lot harder to do in reality.

I used to play between 1-3 times a week...just go out and play as a walk-on with strangers. Now I mostly just go to the driving range one to two times a weekend for an hour or so....& only play if it is with friends. Sadly I have figured out I can find other things to do with 5-6 hours of my life that are more enjoyable.

I'm sure I will get the love back soon...but for now I am just going through a bad stretch :angry:

I will say I had two decent practice sessions this weekend. My main issue is keeping the driver/3 wood in play. I've been working on the A swing. Hopefully it can get my out of my funk.

Yep I know how you feel Juan. I will admit there was a time this weekend when I was thinking about that thread, Have you ever thought about giving up golf. I have never even clicked on it as up until this weekend I never felt so inclined.

The one saving grace this weekend, is I was surrounded by 60+ guys who coud give a sh!t how I played. And my partners both days made both rounds so enjoyable.

But if I'm being honest I have to think at some point during the round yesterday Dan or Jake (VTHokies) had to wonder to themselves...."it can't be any fun to play like that and just wonder why"

It would be only natural to think that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back