Tips for Quieting Lead Hip?

Haso

#TeamPrestige Southpaw
Reaction score
Handicap
Bkwrds Hat
I went for a lesson the other day and my instructor pointed out something that plagues me early on in the season. A lot of the times I can go to the range and work it out and control my tempo, but does anyone have any tips to help slow down early hip motion? (causes really thin, shanked shots) I've seen some things online like taking a range basket between your legs and doing half swings. Anyone else have this problem and what do you do?

I put my feet about 6" apart and do half swings to get in sync. Move them apart to about a foot and do 3/4 swings.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

If I get out of rhythm like this I take some regular swings while consciously trying to start my hands before my hips on the downswing. When I do that it keeps me from firing too early and thinning it or severely slicing the ball

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Got to the range last night and worked on these suggestions. I think I might try to do some lower body workouts and build some strength. Had some good ones and some bad ones last night, but overall I felt I was striking better than I was in my previous round.

I think maybe if you stop trying to start with the hips and allow it to happen naturally you'll stop sliding and see more of a natural release

I have this problem pretty consistently. Trying to use my legs too much causes me to fire my hips too early and too hard.
To fix it.... I have shortened my backswing. Not even on a driver do I go to parallel. Once back I only concentrate on putting the butt of the club in my left pocket. I don't think anything about my hips I let them take care of themselves.

Funny, I have the complete opposite problem. I start my hebdownswing with my hands, therefore cause a casting of the club, therefore a duck hook.
lol, I can't get my hips to go first- now what do I do?

Back