Is Rory Mcilroy putting with at taylormade mullen ?

madi05

Reaction score
Handicap
i thought i read he would be using a spider and or a oworks proto?

Hes playing a Proto O-Work putter this week. He has a few TM putters he is testing.

Will be interesting to see how long it takes for him to make the switch. Lots of good options, but the putter is such a funny club.

Will be interesting to see how long it takes for him to make the switch. Lots of good options, but the putter is such a funny club.

I bet we see him in a Spider before too long, at least for a couple tournaments. Been a while since we have seen a putter gain momentum like this, the #7 maybe?

I bet we see him in a Spider before too long, at least for a couple tournaments. Been a while since we have seen a putter gain momentum like this, the #7 maybe?

The one thing that I think makes the Spider so interesting is how far from that traditional blade it really is. Says a lot about the design as I know I've been guilty in the past of committing heavily to a blade shape because of a few factors that aren't associated with actual putting success haha

If he does, I may finally give one a rip.

The one thing that I think makes the Spider so interesting is how far from that traditional blade it really is. Says a lot about the design as I know I've been guilty in the past of committing heavily to a blade shape because of a few factors that aren't associated with actual putting success haha

If he does, I may finally give one a rip.

I've been wanting to try it, for the last month and a half my order has been backordered...

I got to swing the Platinum Spider Tour at Dicks yesterday. I know it's not the red or black but the weighting and everything is basically the same from what I read, I think the insert is different. Anyway, swinging that putter it is easy to see why a lot of players are interested in it. It is very nicely balanced and swings back and through very easily and square. I will definitely be looking into this more as I've been looking to find something that works better for me.

From want I read he's trying to find the right insert for the spider. Can't wait to see what they come up with

If he goes to the spider it's gonna be even harder to get your hands on one.

after looking at his bag for the players im pretty sure its a tp collection headcover just like the mullen, i saw it a couple times on first round looked like the mullen to me , i wish i had one of those boxes where i could stop it and take a pic , lol

I would have tried out a Spider ages ago except it has the fatal flaw of not being able to scoop a ball up. If TM figures out how to incorporate that into the design it'll sell like hotcakes!

Looked like an Odyssey putter for yesterday!

I would have tried out a Spider ages ago except it has the fatal flaw of not being able to scoop a ball up. If TM figures out how to incorporate that into the design it'll sell like hotcakes!

do people by or not buy a putter because of that? I use my putter to scoop the ball once in a while, but I don't think I would care if the putter I liked didn't do it.

do people by or not buy a putter because of that? I use my putter to scoop the ball once in a while, but I don't think I would care if the putter I liked didn't do it.

I had one of that didn't scoop and it ended up bothering me more than I thought it would. I scoop every one I don't make though. Maybe should just make more putts, lol.

so they did make him a mullen tp, he made a long putt with it is why i was looking to see what he was putting with and i also picked me one up and made my first putt with it that was over 50 foot lol

"As far as the putter is concerned, TaylorMade has built McIlroy a TP Collection Mullen mallet and Spider Tour Red putter with a custom black sight line that could potentially go in the coming weeks."

It is really annoying I bought one that can't scoop it and it bugs me, not enough not to use it but really is annoying.

so they did make him a mullen tp, he made a long putt with it is why i was looking to see what he was putting with and i also picked me one up and made my first putt with it that was over 50 foot lol

"As far as the putter is concerned, TaylorMade has built McIlroy a TP Collection Mullen mallet and Spider Tour Red putter with a custom black sight line that could potentially go in the coming weeks."

It looks like they made him one of those along with the spider, but he's got the Odyssey in play for the tournament based on all of the WITBs out there.

Yet that's what I thought but Thursday he had that Mullen in play or I'm blind lol

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Back