The Official Tiger Woods Thread

Watching Tiger like this is like watching Jordan in a Wizards uniform
He wasn't that bad in a wizards uniform, still averaged like 15 pts right?

The Sox uniform is more correct. Or if Jordan were to suit up now, this may be similar.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Someone mentioned how Tiger was all class awhile back.

Refusing to talk to Fox after his round... Suck it up and act like a man.

I almost feel like he is going to withdraw with an injury at some point tomorrow.

Someone mentioned how Tiger was all class awhile back.

Refusing to talk to Fox after his round... Suck it up and act like a man.

I almost feel like he is going to withdraw with an injury at some point tomorrow.
I respectfully disagree. He played like crap. He knew he had a large media conference scheduled where he would have to answer questions about how bad he played.

There was nothing to add or to learn to constantly talk about how bad you played.

I just don't see it as him trying to hide. But I am a Tiger fan and may be giving him the benefit of the doubt.

I LOVE Tiger and want him to win but man, suck it up and go back to Butch so you can find your swing again. He must have 50 swing thoughts going through his head to be playing as bad as he is. It's awful to watch. I know it's really doubtful he'll ever be dominate again, but to play respectable and win here and again would be nice. I bet I could hit the ball straighter that he is by a wide margin right now.

If you notice, tiger hasn't been in any of the features done by fox. Fox and tiger don't have the best relationship. If you recall Fox News destroyed tiger back in the day. So with that I would give them the big middle finger too.

Tiger is struggling. He's really struggling actually. Personally, professionally he is not in a great place. His drive to win is making him avoid taking some time off to figure out that stuff. His swing isn't the problem as the TV analyst for fox beat into your head all night. The problem is he has zero faith in his game from tee to green.

Tiger is the reason I started playing this game. He was the black role model that made me believe that I could actually play golf, it wasn't just a game that was not accessible to me. I will always respect him for his groundbreaking entry, play and win in the 97 masters.

I just really hope he gets back on track. He's a good guy at the end of the day. He loves his kids and hopefully he can get it all figured out and find his center and happiness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tiger still battling demons from back in the day... I just want him to smile once on the golf course and enjoy himself, but don't see that happening soon.

If you recall Fox News destroyed tiger back in the day. So with that I would give them the big middle finger too.

Fox News destroyed Tiger? Did they report anything other people didn't? Did they lie about something? I must have missed their sole campaign against him. Maybe I was watching every other network report the same information.

Nice to see Rickie Fowler shake it off and move on.

It seems like tiger started struggling with the driver when the 460cc size was adopted. He grew up playing smaller heads, I wonder if there's done kind of confidence issue there, or a perception.

Fox News destroyed Tiger? Did they report anything other people didn't? Did they lie about something? I must have missed their sole campaign against him. Maybe I was watching every other network report the same information.

Nice to see Rickie Fowler shake it off and move on.

I don't want to get into a philosophical discussion on FOX's reporting style, I'll just say in my professional opinion with now 17 years in television that FOXnews is not reporting anything down the middle and can be reckless with their journalism. CNN is about the closest to not neutral reporting; that is until Nancy Grace comes on the screen and the integrity of the journalism goes to ****.

Each viewer has their own view of who reports the news the way they like and has control of that with the remote control. Just keep in mind who owns FOX and who is running that ship. Just short of TMZ, FOX was the most aggressive and reckless with their "reporting".

I don't want to get into a philosophical discussion on FOX's reporting style, I'll just say in my professional opinion with now 17 years in television that FOXnews is not reporting anything down the middle and can be reckless with their journalism. CNN is about the closest to not neutral reporting; that is until Nancy Grace comes on the screen and the integrity of the journalism goes to ****.

Each viewer has their own view of who reports the news the way they like and has control of that with the remote control. Just keep in mind who owns FOX and who is running that ship. Just short of TMZ, FOX was the most aggressive and reckless with their "reporting".

Comparing Fox News and Fox Sports, would be akin to lumping Disney Channel and ESPN together. Same parent, but after that no real relationship.

Regardless, deflecting any Tiger's fall to anyone but himself is s complete revisionist history. If anything he was given too many "passes" back in the day when he was the greatest athlete in the world. When he stopped being dominant,there was less reason to ignore his other BS.

:popcorn:

It seems like tiger started struggling with the driver when the 460cc size was adopted. He grew up playing smaller heads, I wonder if there's done kind of confidence issue there, or a perception.

I would agree to a degree but I think his swing has more to do with it. In addition the fact that others have caught up to his distance doesn't help with his accuracy being so off.
But if you look at others of a similar generation to him your point does have weight. Phil effectively launching the mini driver segment and all other successful older pros having beautiful smooth swings. I feel his injuries are playing on his mind and forcing him into a swing he's not comfortable with.

How come those amazing, groundbreaking coaches like Foley and Como can't figure something out to make arguably the best ball striker the game has ever seen find fairways from the tee? Is it that hard, or are they over-complicating things?

He needs to start hitting fairways. How are you going to build confidence if you are in trouble on every single hole? I don't think his irons and short game are in that bad of a shape to be honest. But if you hit 5 fairways on courses like Muirfield, or especially Chambers Bay, you're bound to shoot scores like that.

Tiger doesn't play a 460cc driver.

Coupling Fox News and Fox Sports is not really applicable since they are different, although they share the same name, and perhaps Tiger is confused...
And FWIW, having CNN be Neutral anything is hysterical, because its easy to be neutral when your stories are made up...haha

On that note, back to the Tiger Woods Saga of stinking.

As a guy who's not really a Tiger fan but respects what he's done for the game...yesterday was tough to watch. It's like he made a deal with the devil as a kid and now he has reneged on it.

As a guy who's not really a Tiger fan but respects what he's done for the game...yesterday was tough to watch. It's like he made a deal with the devil as a kid and now he has reneged on it.[/QUOTE]

I had a dream once where I made some kind of deal with someone/something where I would be the best golfer in the world for 10 years. Once that 10 years was up, my game would go back to it's normal crappy self. I feel like Tiger is living this dream.

Tiger only has one problem with his game right now. The space between his ears.

Sadly, that can be the hardest problem to "fix" for some people.

Come on everyone, it's crystal clear what's been going on here. This has been a long game of making Tiger more relatable to the people! First, start off with a messy divorce. Statistics show 50% of all marriages end in divorce. Then add in injuries, who hasn't had to go through that? Then, make your game so full of crap that Joe Average Golfer can think to themselves, "I could do that!". The coup de grace was the topped 3 wood on 18 yesterday. Nothing screams "Weekend Hacker" more than that. Presto! Tiger Woods is now "of the people"!

The only thing left would be a personality transplant, but my guess is Woods balked at that. Gotta keep expectations realistic here...

Gross. Simply gross. Walk away from the game - at least for a while

Who can talk him into going with the stinger off every tee until he can get his woods figured out? Maybe if we get a bunch of elementary school kids to write letters in crayon begging him to grab a 2 iron and find fairways he'll listen.

Who can talk him into going with the stinger off every tee until he can get his woods figured out? Maybe if we get a bunch of elementary school kids to write letters in crayon begging him to grab a 2 iron and find fairways he'll listen.

I wonder if he can't hit that shot right now, because it seems like an obvious way to go about it.

Back