Planning The Perfect Event - Your Thoughts

Wow. It's really hard to come up with suggestions for an event that already tops the golf industry.

The only thing I can come up with is to make it longer. Add a practice day to allow the team members to tryout their new gear and to gel as a team.

How do you make an already perfect event any better? From the people I've talked to that have been a part of this amazing event, Callaway gets it right in every single detail. The ideas that have been mentioned above are awesome.

I think my crazy suggestion is more about the updates on the event. Maybe some live course video or more live scoring? We like to wear out the refresh button on our internet browsers during these events, so maybe a live scoreboard and/or live featured hole coverage?

Oh yeah.. and pick ME for Team THP this year!

LOVE LOVE LOVE this idea. And not just for the #Grandaddy but for numerous THP events.

Honestly, in following along, I couldn't, and wouldn't ask for more. I did, though, see some great suggestions already. Nothing too out of the realm of Callaway's reach and ability, I bet.

Wow. You want to give us more? Its already out of this world. I can only echo a couple things that have been mentioned, that logistically may not be possible, but spanning a weekend and including a tour presence would be amazing. I know some people can't take that kind of time off of work, and I know professional golfers have better things to do than hang out with and listen to internet golfers critiquing their last tournament. People would gladly pay large sums of money for less than what this event already is, its all gravy, and I'm certain you wouldn't disappoint.

From the outside looking in, the only thing that immediately sprung to mind is what a few people have already mentioned - having some of the tour players making an appearance

Seeing the results of the previous events, the location, what was involved and everyone involved both playing and behind the scenes, it seems hard to believe that it could be improved upon but I guess that is why the Odyssey slogan is 'Innovate or Die' as they obviously feel everything can be improved in some way

Callaway just gets it, asking for feedback, as a follower of this event year in and year out, I'd love to see more on course video/pics of the amazing location, no matter what course the event is held on. A possible live feed???

Periscope the rounds this year.

While I am all for a lot of things, I would rather keep the traffic be part of THP and/or Callaway rather than a separate entity for those to follow along. It doesnt mean that coverage will not or should not be there, just in terms of where they should be hosted.

There's been a good amount of talk just in general about time getting used to new gear that you add to your bag. This event obviously includes 100% new gear. So maybe a way to allow more time for getting used to the new fancy equipment. We've seen some 9 hole prep rounds, maybe something like that. Although if that would reduce competitive rounds, I would not do that.

More video would be pretty cool; whether it's during and/or after the event. Maybe even some video of THPers one the range at ECPC (if that's allowed). I'm just a fan of video...

This seems like a tough event to make even better but I'm sure Callaway and THP are the ones who can do it. As for suggestions I think having a little more time for the fittings would benefit people along with timer for each participant to get equal time. I know this has been done but having some prerelease gear is always one of my favorite things about THP events.

The fitting time was rectified last year and I believe everybody had equal time. I know that each golfer was fit at ECPC on a doppler launch monitor by some of the best in the business.

So many Caitlyn Jenner jokes, so little time.

If that's all it takes, somebody get me to Lane Bryant's. Playing Hideaway in a sundress is still playing Hideaway.

Maybe some behind the scenes coverage of the clubs being built for the players.

The fitting time was rectified last year and I believe everybody had equal time. I know that each golfer was fit at ECPC on a doppler launch monitor by some of the best in the business.

Concur, the fittings were fantastic and ample time was provided. While we would all love a 3 hour fitting, I also appreciate the fact that we do have a schedule as there is MUCH to do - especially having to fit 10 (or more) golfers.

Concur, the fittings were fantastic and ample time was provided. While we would all love a 3 hour fitting, I also appreciate the fact that we do have a schedule as there is MUCH to do - especially having to fit 10 (or more) golfers.

I have said it before and will say it again. It timing of everything seemed to be spot on. We had just the right amount of time to always be doing something cool, never feeling rushed, and never just standing around waiting for something to happen.

How do you make an already perfect event any better? From the people I've talked to that have been a part of this amazing event, Callaway gets it right in every single detail. The ideas that have been mentioned above are awesome.

I think my crazy suggestion is more about the updates on the event. Maybe some live course video or more live scoring? We like to wear out the refresh button on our internet browsers during these events, so maybe a live scoreboard and/or live featured hole coverage?

Oh yeah.. and pick ME for Team THP this year!

Best idea yet. #mvp

Man, this is hard. Having watched in amazement the last two, and seeing how it improved last time when I didn't think it possible, I can't think of anything yet I know it will happen.

I'm hot/cold on the Tour staff thing, to me it's all about THP and the zoo crew, but that's me.

I actually really look forward to the bus ride and the hilarity that will ensure there. Plus, I'm licensed to drove the bus if needed lol

I do though love the update idea and really keeping it rolling. More eyes on the forum and event is a good thing.

Seriously though, expenses paid, fitting, custom gear, swag, hanging out with insanely awesome people the whole time, seeing the inside of what goes on at Callaway, talking shop, learning, and then going to a course people dream of for an event they dream of? I'm at a loss to improve that.

Unlimited number of people can be selected?

I would love a quick short game lesson from Phil. Or we could take this a bit further. We have the Callaway staffer caddies with each group to offer advice.

It's hard to improve on something so fantastic, but the fact you guys are trying to just shows how awesome Callaway is.

~Rock

From event one to event two, they:
Increased the number of participants
Brought out Roger Cleveland
Adjusted fitting schedule
Tweaked golf schedule (to fit daylight)
Custom built clubs to hand deliver to course

Short of adding a day, or more people (either of which could become unwieldy), I'm struggling to think of a single way to make this event better.

The only way to improve it would be make some clones of Jason.

I wouldn't add anything or include professionals - the event is already so full of greatness that adding more might just be too much. The only thing I can think of for participants would be to have the event span a weekend. For those at home, maybe an official real time scoreboard.

Making this event better is going to be a task. The whole concept is pretty damn tight. Maybe have Phil show up and spend some time with the guys during fitting. Hell have Pat Perez make a celebrity appearnace.

Have Harry wear the beat fir opening tee shots.

A concert the night before

Allow the THPrs assist in the bag design.

Maybe open the udesign or custom design department to those that are in the event. (Johnny Rod and Chad have some sweet custom.clubs in their bag)

A dance off between the teams at the end if there is a tie.

Just spit balling here

Well my first thought before opening this thread was, "I already played in that".

Last year was so spot on...

I really enjoyed the little surprises along the way. I think just throwing small twists in to keep it a new experience each year is a great idea. Mr. Cleveland walking onto the range, the PxLz Handcrafted we were given, the cool swag, just the curve balls that we didn't see coming. All the work that went into fitting, building, and transporting our equipment was crazy too.
I like the idea of keeping the participants in the dark, I know not knowing things killed most of us...not Howzat but everyone else, ha. Keep throwing the surprises at em.

I am pretty sure Phil is going to take out a restraining order against this entire community....

I know it might not be feasible, but when I follow along I am always curious what the guys are fitted into club wise and most importantly WHY they are fitted into it. A bit of explanation from each participant would be super informative (ie. went with _____ shaft, going to it gained ___ yards and improved dispersion compared to _____ shaft).

More pictures of the groups (not just the 4somes), would love to see more pics of each team, or both teams together.

More guys named braddman19 included in the event would be awesome!

Would love to see a quick video from the captains talking about the day's results, or even a bit of insight as to why the matchups were made how they were.

In talking with guys from the last 2 here are some things that I picked up.

1) The Roger Cleveland on the range was absolutely incredible. Everyone seemed to love that, and why wouldn't you. If that turned out to be someone like Phil or one of the other tour staffers, I think those fellas would love that experience.

2) Some form of dinner or reception after it's done. Maybe it's just the feeling you don't want it to end, but reading and hearing that it seems like once that last put is dropped, it's kind of just shuttled back and over with.

3) Some form of video clips, even if posted after each day would be really cool to help people follow, who aren't able to be on the forum as it happens.

4) The fittings and having your clubs made for you right then and there is pretty awesome. Don't change that.

Back