Induction Cooking

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Have experience with it? Faster than gas with even heating and in home ranges now at fairly reasonable costs.

Love to hear from thpers that have used it

Have experience with it? Faster than gas with even heating and in home ranges now at fairly reasonable costs.

Love to hear from thpers that have used it

I use induction and love it! It takes some getting used to, but I would never go back now. Maybe not quite as fast as gas, but close. It is super responsive and precise.
6f5c189b13ddfd7a69e59d245e288fa4.jpg

Ignore how dirty it is currently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have a ceramic electric cooktop and it's a beast to keep clean. I imagine induction cooktop might be a pain as well.
When the ceramic cooktop dies we will replace with regular cooktop or gas.

Mine is super easy to clean , I just use winded multi surface cleaner. Definitely easier than gas

Mine is super easy to clean , I just use winded multi surface cleaner. Definitely easier than gas

When you have a pot overflow does the stain stick to the induction cooktop or is it easy to wipe off?
I heard the cooktop doesn't get hot, only the pot.

After using your cooktop, let it cool down. Then wipe off all spills and food crumbs with a damp sponge and effectively prevent food from hardening or baking on it. All food spatters can be cleaned with a paper towel for a quick cleanup.*Get yourself a good quality glass ceramic cooktop cleaner liquid or cream and shake the bottle, before pouring a small coin-sized amount on a clean washcloth or paper towel, or directly on the cooktop surface. Gently rub that area removing all stains till everything is squeaky clean. Buff with a fresh paper towel or a dry cloth.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

When you have a pot overflow does the stain stick to the induction cooktop or is it easy to wipe off?
I heard the cooktop doesn't get hot, only the pot.

The top remains warm to hot for a short time, from residual heat - really depends on how high you were cooking.

For stubborn stains I use barkeepers friend and it looks brand new

• Admin
We have a ceramic electric cooktop and it's a beast to keep clean. I imagine induction cooktop might be a pain as well.
When the ceramic cooktop dies we will replace with regular cooktop or gas.

It would be easier due to lack of the same level as heat.
FWIW, testing side by side, it is faster than gas.

Back