Srixon Z 545 Irons Preview

I went to a quality demo event where the rep was really trying to get my shaft setup right. I've mentioned it before, but the end result was the 950GH, which is pretty light, too. It was heavenly.

I would have to double-check, but I think that was one of the shafts I hit during my fitting

That's incredible!

Yup, I had the choice of a few Nippon and KBS shafts for my irons and I also got the Nippon WV wedge shaft in my RTX 2.0 wedges as well

I've hit my Apexes in the stock xp95 and now have the True Temper DG SuperLights in them, so it should be a good match in weight (Or at least something close enough). Just need to check the swing weights and lie and off I go. :giddy:

i hit these shafts at a demo day back in april and i thought they were going to be light but even with a fast transition like mine, these were easy to hit and had no issues with ballooning or over spinning. which had me contact Cace to see if he still had the recoil 95s and grabbed them from him for late season swap.

cant wait to get your feedback.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433538176.383617.jpg they came in today!!! I have to say, these things are slick! Feels even better than the fitting club head and shaft combo. They are drop dead gorgeous too, so I am a happy consumer.

Really like the AW, gonna be hard not to pick up a set of these next. The Miyazaki blue shaft feels awesome as well. Pretty tight for a lightweight shaft.

Really like the AW, gonna be hard not to pick up a set of these next. The Miyazaki blue shaft feels awesome as well. Pretty tight for a lightweight shaft.

This is still my only issue with this set. With the lofts as they are, the AW should have been standard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love these clubs. I've hit some really great shots with them, unfortunately I didn't have too many opportunities to hit iron shots. The 5-6 that I hit today were on point. We were swinging from the regular men's tees, so most were wedge or hybrid/wood shots.

Srixon Z 545 Irons Preview

I've had these almost 3 months now. I'm more than happy with them, compared to my Apex I'm finding myself a club longer. Where I'd be pulling a 7 I'm now trying to hit a softer 8 iron. This is consistent through out the set.

I've had these almost 3 months now. I'm more than happy with them, compared to my Apex I'm finding myself a club longer. Where I'd be pulling a 7 I'm now trying to hit a softer 8 iron. This is consistent through out the set.

What shaft did you get?

What shaft did you get?

Nippon 980 Regular. They are Asian Spec as I live in Thailand. My Apex have Nippon 950 also in Regular.

what do you believe are more forgiving, the apex or srixon?

I think the Srixon are more forgiving.

the Srixons are more forgiving IMO as well as a bunch OC people in Northern VA/DC/MD. One of the golf shops here can't keep these in stock due to their awesomeness.

I'll be the minority, to me the Apex were based on ball speed information that I gathered when I had both sets. That said, they're both solidly forgiving and really quality sets.

I'm glad to see other Apex users say these things. That sure is a hard club to even think about moving away from. If all things are perfectly equal in forgiveness, I still think the sole is going to help me out more than anything. #DiggerProne

I might pee my pants when I finally see on tracking that they've been delivered (Supposedly today!!!). The test will be if I can wait until tomorrow's all-u-can-hit day at my course's range.

I played these yesterday for my afternoon round. The set I have are cut a little short, I think 1/2 inch. Still though on good shots, holy crap does the ball jump off the face.

I might pee my pants when I finally see on tracking that they've been delivered (Supposedly today!!!)
June 8, 2015 , 8:53 am
Out for Delivery

:alien2:

June 8, 2015 , 8:53 am
Out for Delivery

:alien2:

Enjoy them brother!

Looking forward to your thoughts and I hope they treat you fantastically!

I played these yesterday for my afternoon round. The set I have are cut a little short, I think 1/2 inch. Still though on good shots, holy crap does the ball jump off the face.

Yup, -1/2".

I think these might be the longest irons I've ever played - been playing with the G30 for a while, and while forgiveness is a bit better with those, the z545 are definitely longer on well struck balls.

I'll be the minority, to me the Apex were based on ball speed information that I gathered when I had both sets. That said, they're both solidly forgiving and really quality sets.
I'd agree. I am longer with the 545, but the dispersion with my Apex was tighter. Obviously, I still bought the 545 so I liked them better than the Apex overall.

Congrats on the new irons Mr. T0AD! :blob: They sure are pretty :in-love:

Congrats on the new irons Mr. T0AD! :blob: They sure are pretty :in-love:

I'll second this. I catch myself staring at my 545s sometimes and think that's one sexy looking golf bag I have.

Yeah, I got fitted to a heavier shaft (Nippon Modus3 NS Pro Tour 130) which is why I am not sure how those would work for me as I did try lighter shafts during my fitting but didn't get as good a feel and numbers from them

Look forward to hearing how you get on with them when you get them on the course
Nice! I have had the Nippon 130s in mine for several months now, and I absolutely love the combo. I have always been more consistent with a heavier shaft and will be sticking with this setup for the foreseeable future

Well I have to say I am a little disappointed with the feel of these irons... They are LONG, no doubt about it.
But I don't think these come close to the feel of most Forged clubs. They are very "clicky" and not soft at all.

I ordered mine with Nippon 950s in Regular flex, 5-PW and they are decent for sure, but I am thinking I need to go back to my 850 Forged...

Does anyone else find them a bit harsh on impact? just seems like a "click" instead of a forged feel...

Well I have to say I am a little disappointed with the feel of these irons... They are LONG, no doubt about it.
But I don't think these come close to the feel of most Forged clubs. They are very "clicky" and not soft at all.

I ordered mine with Nippon 950s in Regular flex, 5-PW and they are decent for sure, but I am thinking I need to go back to my 850 Forged...

Does anyone else find them a bit harsh on impact? just seems like a "click" instead of a forged feel...

Not at all. Maybe you have made-for shafts?

Back