Srixon Z 545 Irons Preview

Well I have to say I am a little disappointed with the feel of these irons... They are LONG, no doubt about it.
But I don't think these come close to the feel of most Forged clubs. They are very "clicky" and not soft at all.

I ordered mine with Nippon 950s in Regular flex, 5-PW and they are decent for sure, but I am thinking I need to go back to my 850 Forged...

Does anyone else find them a bit harsh on impact? just seems like a "click" instead of a forged feel...

I believe this is the shaft, I had the same problem. I swapped them out for KBS tour shafts and they are silky smooth on my end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I have to say I am a little disappointed with the feel of these irons... They are LONG, no doubt about it.
But I don't think these come close to the feel of most Forged clubs. They are very "clicky" and not soft at all.

I ordered mine with Nippon 950s in Regular flex, 5-PW and they are decent for sure, but I am thinking I need to go back to my 850 Forged...

Does anyone else find them a bit harsh on impact? just seems like a "click" instead of a forged feel...

They're a two piece construction, similar to the Apex or Covert Forged - the face is welded onto the body. That's going to give you a little different feel than a blade, but I think these are still way ahead of some of the other hot faced irons out there in terms of feel. I've also found the longer irons to be more on the "clicky" side - I don't know if that's the tungsten weight or something.

I'm not a big feel guy in terms of irons, but well struck balls on these are pretty nice, IMO.

Ive had these for 11 months and never thought they sounded clicky or harsh at impact...feel amazing at impact when you hit the center thats for sure

Ive had these for 11 months and never thought they sounded clicky or harsh at impact...feel amazing at impact when you hit the center thats for sure

Yes, and it makes me realize how rarely I do :alien:. Agree - I would in no way refer to them as harsh - "clicky" was more distinguishing between the longer irons and the short irons. Just sound a bit different to me.

I need to stop effing around and get the darn set AW

no harshness and definitely no click sounds. i love the feel and sound of these. even had another THPer comment how good they sounded even on mishits.

Yea, they aren't Mizunos. A little more powerful than fluffy feeling to me. To each his own man.

So, any sugestions on where to order these with custom shafts? Everywhere I see them online has only the standard option. I was really looking for the Nippon 950 shaft.

So, any sugestions on where to order these with custom shafts? Everywhere I see them online has only the standard option. I was really looking for the Nippon 950 shaft.

I was able to order custom direct from my local golf galaxy. I know golf smith can do the same. Even though they don't have them in stores, they can still place custom orders for them.

The Nippon 950 should be one of the no upcharge shafts (DG, KBS, 950) - GlobalGolf has that as an option (I think) on their custom page. Anywhere w/ a Cleveland/Srixon account should be able to take care of that for you.

We all know Jman will get the flyz forged set before you get the aw
That's easy money man!

It's been almost a year that I've been waiting to reshaft them for him!

Thanks guys!

I ordered mine from Golfsmith and the Nippon 950 was a no upcharge option.

93986b8d8f73697896222d58b1fcf2d0.jpg

I ordered mine from Golfsmith and the Nippon 950 was a no upcharge option.

I got mine from 2ndswing.com with xp95s. The store lets you see how much they would be with custom shaft options before you call or buy. Same/same though. The PGA store wanted to up charge for anything past the DG shafts.

These are rocket launchers. I still can't used to flying a 150 pin with a 9 iron.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I received mine today after waiting over 2 months. I ordered them March 29th. All I can say is they were worth the wait. My Ap1/Ap2 combo set is moving to the Sunday bag.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I received mine today after waiting over 2 months. I ordered them March 29th. All I can say is they were worth the wait. My Ap1/Ap2 combo set is moving to the Sunday bag.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Well, whattayaknow! Custom Z545's with Recoils from TGW ordered on 05/04 are on their way with expected delivery 06/11 .. a week early ... "sound of hands rubbing together" :joy:

OK, ran to this little scrub range out on the highway for a quick 35 balls.

Result?

Spoiler
3963.jpg

They need to be bent a bit, but by choking down a little and getting the lie about right, I was immediately just flat blasting balls downrange. Even choked down I was clearing my usual 155y 7 iron by a ton; probably 10 yards carry.
I was hitting towering shots with the AW that were going about 115 carry, but that height...they'll certainly not be bouncing forward, and I may even start to see some spinback.
The 4 iron. Well, I haven't hit a 4 in a while after bagging my hybrid, but holy freaking smokes, it's like a driving iron! I was having some trouble off the turf, because, well, it sucks and it's nothing but a field, but off a tee it was serious internet golf time!
The 680s felt really, really good. Effortless. I think they hit better the more deliberate I was with my swing. Step on it and they're rocket launchers (but I miss more that way). I did get one or two 7 iron shots to carry about 175, as I almost hit the sign both times. That's a whole lot of gain.

The only thing 35 balls did for me, though, was make me want to get on the course, on a quiet little hole by myself and a 1/2 dozen balls, and figure out all my yardages again. But yeah, it's definitely a great start.

Spoiler
Sadly, I'm torn though, as I kind of thought I would have these amazing Apexes forever. I might sit on them for just a bit.

I'm visiting Japan and thinking about a gift for myself. A few people in this thread have mentioned that they came from cb3s, which are my current gamers. Can anyone offer a direct comparison in terms of forgiveness and ball flight? Distance is fine but I get very little loft from the cb3s, with dynamic golf R flex shafts.

I'm visiting Japan and thinking about a gift for myself. A few people in this thread have mentioned that they came from cb3s, which are my current gamers. Can anyone offer a direct comparison in terms of forgiveness and ball flight? Distance is fine but I get very little loft from the cb3s, with dynamic golf R flex shafts.

The 545 get the ball up there, though in my experience not to the same extent as some of the more GI irons (Ping G series, Cleveland MT, Big Bertha). I have limited demo experience with the CB3 - demoed them a few times and always liked them, but I'd say the profile is similar. 545 will likely be longer, as it's one of the longest clubs I've hit. The DG shaft is relatively low launching, so you might want to try the KBS, which is a no upcharge shaft in the 545 (that's what I have in mine), or if you want to go lighter, the Nippon 950. I know a few people are playing that shaft here as well and like it.

Back