Looking for decent camping and fishing in MN, WI, or northern MI...

Rambler

Reaction score
Handicap
9.9, so 10
Looking for some THPer feedback. My daughter and I are pondering a camping trip in early July, along with some fishing, and maybe some hiking and biking, too. As you can imagine, she stays a little more interested in the fishing if we are having decent luck. Personally, I really enjoy trout fishing, but she'd love to catch just about anything, especially something like crappie, bluegill (or other sunfish), trout, or bass. I wouldn't turn down recommendations for walleye, either, I just don't have much experience fishing for them.

So, let me know if you have any recommendations in the MN, northern WI, or northern MI areas. Thanks!

Head up to the apostle islands...stay on the reservation. My wife and I camped right on Lake Suoerior. It is near Bayfield, WI. Then go sea kayaking.

20eaa3db6d3aa0e53f2ac223e7a03a7d.jpg

Bemidji has what you are looking for but may be quite a drive. If you do make it up this way, I can certainly try to help with places to go.

You can't go wrong with Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore in the upper peninsula of Michigan on Lake Superior. It is spectacular in the summer and there are a lot of smaller quiet lakes in the area to fish.

Back