2015 Open Championship Contest & Thread

Yea, but they are 60 feet away. Sure both would take 2 shots and birdie to start tomorrow.

Yeah true. Hideki finished out with a birdie, so these guys probably will too.

Winds are howling

Wind almost knocked over Oosty oof

Dustin, you're a damn moron son. What were you thinking there..

Cmon DJ!!

Where is everyone watching? Online?

***never mind. Saw its in a weather delay. ****

Where is everyone watching? Online?

***never mind. Saw its in a weather delay. ****

glad I didn't wake up at 2 to start watching. 4 30 was a little more sensible with a 6AM tee time

glad I didn't wake up at 2 to start watching. 4 30 was a little more sensible with a 6AM tee time

There's only one time a year when a post like this makes sense.

Is it still delayed ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it still delayed ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep...

Though they just had some guy on TV give an idea why the wind makes it so difficult to putt,and he proceeded to put a 30 ft and 50 ft putt within 3 feet. They should be out there.

Tomorrow's gonna come quick again too

Social Media saying that play wont resume until roughly 10:00 EST.

Can someone explain the delay to me?

Supposedly the wind is moving balls on the green... But I swear I've seen many Opens in similar or worse conditions

That's garbage. Nothing like a course that is defenseless except for weather, yet every time it comes they stop it for....wait for it....weather.

I was watching at 2 AM. The wind was pretty cartoonish. Honestly, they shouldn't have resumed play, and several guys dropped shots. Koepka was on the 11th green, and they couldn't get his ball to stand still. A few of the greens were just too exposed. The wind was steady around 30 MPH and gusting in the 40s.

Athletes of today are just far too pampered! They would have been playing 10+ years ago.

I would assume Spieth is a lock now right? I mean this wind is a normal Saturday round according to the Texans here.

After watching what they just showed on the tv, I can see why.

I would assume Spieth is a lock now right? I mean this wind is a normal Saturday round according to the Texans here.

Duh. I'm surprised it took you this long to say that

So just checked my draftkings and Im under 1000 and in line to win a little. If I can get ZJ, Spieth and Streb to tighten up the lead a bit and if Danny Willett drops a few spots I could get a nice little prize out of this. The way the weather has been though, Im a little worried about early stoppage.

So at this pace round 4 should be played around Christmas?

Son of a... Again I'm up early and another freaking delay.

So at this pace round 4 should be played around Christmas?
Yea, I don't think I have to worry about missing much of the final round with my 9:30 tee time tomorrow morning. They'll still be in the 3rd round I'm guessing. Monday finish?

Back