Pacific Northwest Get Together - May/June/July, 2015

I'm down. Just let me know.

July 18 is the only weekend open on my calendar until August, and even that's a long shot at this point. I've got Tournaments June 27, July 11 and I'm out of town July 4. Legacy follows that.

I'm interested in getting together this summer. Off the top of my head the 7/11 and 8/1 weekends may be good for me, but let me check my schedule at work tomorrow and get back to you guys.

Sounds like first weekend in August might be a good bet. Let us know what you find out, Frank.

Assuming I'll be driving north to meet you guys somewhere in the middle, the 8/1 and 8/8 weekends are currently good; 7/11, not so much.

I would be very interested in a PNW trip -
Unfortunately, I am booked solid thru Labor day weekend.
I would guess October might work, but not sure the weather would cooperate.

Assuming I'll be driving north to meet you guys somewhere in the middle, the 8/1 and 8/8 weekends are currently good; 7/11, not so much.

Mid point is best I think if there is a nice course in and around there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gold Mountain! 36 holes! I like exclamation points!

Yes indeed on Gold Mountain, that was my first thought!

So we've got myself, DRR, Jays, and t4k possible for early Aug (1st - 2nd, or 8th - 9th). Good chance of Army being free as well.

Jonathan you know how early tee times can be made at Gold Mountain?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Hey man, we'd sure love for you to come up this way! October will likely be fine, it is usually a little wetter than summer but November is typically when it really starts to get rainy here. Plus it's shoulder season so rates won't be too bad. Where would you be looking to play?

Yes indeed on Gold Mountain, that was my first thought!

So we've got myself, DRR, Jays, and t4k possible for early Aug (1st - 2nd, or 8th - 9th). Good chance of Army being free as well.

Jonathan you know how early tee times can be made at Gold Mountain?

All things being equal, I've got a slight lean toward 8/8, but 8/1 works too. We are going to make a family weekend of it and do other stuff in Seattle after golf.

Assuming dates work I'll drive back up in the Fall to tee it up with you and the PNW guys. Weather should be good - maybe a little cool for you, but probably dry. Rates at vvv ambers should also be creeping down by then too (just saying...)

Gold mountain seems like a great track, looking forward to it guys

All things being equal, I've got a slight lean toward 8/8, but 8/1 works too. We are going to make a family weekend of it and do other stuff in Seattle after golf.

Should be able to lean towards 8/8 no problem, but I'll chase it down with the lady just to be sure.

Also, looks like we can't make tee times at Gold Mountain (assuming that's where everyone would like to play) till 30 days out, so we've got some time to think about it.

For those wondering about rates, I just checked and weekend rates are $45 on the Cascade, $75 on the Olympic. But if we did the Cascade in the morning and Olympic twilight (3pm), then the Olympic is only $30. So we could do 36 holes for $75. #score

Oh, but better watch out! The whole course is poa annua! Plinko boards everywhere, EVERYWHERE!! AAARGH!

billy-horschel-062115-getty-ftr-usjpg_teyxfarn6fz5z7rlequme4xb.jpg

:alien:

Should be able to lean towards 8/8 no problem, but I'll chase it down with the lady just to be sure.

Also, looks like we can't make tee times at Gold Mountain (assuming that's where everyone would like to play) till 30 days out, so we've got some time to think about it.

For those wondering about rates, I just checked and weekend rates are $45 on the Cascade, $75 on the Olympic. But if we did the Cascade in the morning and Olympic twilight (3pm), then the Olympic is only $30. So we could do 36 holes for $75. #score

Sign me up, i am roaring to go. These courses look amazing

Since I'm going to have the family with me for the weekend I can only play 18, not the 36.

I don't know why I just saw the posts from 6/25 onward but all I can say is suhweet! (except for Kapp only being able to play 18. That being said, it will be a fun 18!)

Since I'm going to have the family with me for the weekend I can only play 18, not the 36.

I don't know why I just saw the posts from 6/25 onward but all I can say is suhweet! (except for Kapp only being able to play 18. That being said, it will be a fun 18!)

18 would be fine by me, I may end up having my g/f with me as well. Sweet! Let me see if I can get her to sign off on it. This is Saturday 8/8 correct?

I'm still down for 36. You have to play Olympic!

18 would be fine by me, I may end up having my g/f with me as well. Sweet! Let me see if I can get her to sign off on it. This is Saturday 8/8 correct?
I'm just one of many, but that works great for me.

Count me as a would like to, but.... injured at the moment. Won't know if I can play until July 21.

Don't know if I'd want to play 5200 or 5600 (73.2/130). I've never played the course.

Could I complain about the poa annua?

Well get healed up so you can join us, ITR.

And heads up the current trend is 8/8 at Gold Mountain.

Hey everyone, just wanted to check in and confirm that this is happening. If so I will need to start dealing with logistics...need to get tickets to the mariners game and a hotel for the family. BTW, I'm not familiar with this area, what's the best place to look for a hotel that will work for the golf course and the stadium?

Hey everyone, just wanted to check in and confirm that this is happening. If so I will need to start dealing with logistics...need to get tickets to the mariners game and a hotel for the family. BTW, I'm not familiar with this area, what's the best place to look for a hotel that will work for the golf course and the stadium?

Kapp,

To drive, Gold Mountain is about an hour and 20 minutes from downtown Seattle and Safeco Field. You have to go south to Tacoma and then northwest over the Narrows Bridge toward Bremerton. Basically, the Puget Sound splits the two areas.

However, it might be really cool for the family to do a ferry ride from Seattle to Bremerton. The ferry ride is an hour and 10 minutes. The course is then 15 - 20 minutes from the ferry terminal in Bremerton.

If you stay in Seattle, I would try to stay in a place that is walking distance to the stadium. Pioneer Square is "old" Seattle and a 5 minute walk to the stadium. It is the area that Seahawks, Sounders, and Mariners' fans all congregate and/or walk through to get to the two stadiums. Also, Pioneer Square is about 3 minutes from the ferry terminal that goes to Bremerton.

If you wanted a place in between the course and the stadium, I would stay in Tacoma (40 minutes south of Seattle) or Gig Harbor (neighbor of Tacoma but across Narrows bridge). If you stay in Tacoma, stay in the "North End" (near the water). It is a pretty cool area with great views of the Sound, a zoo nearby, and is the "pretty" part of Tacoma. Gig Harbor, on the other hand, is a quaint little town that has a small, but cool, downtown. Either way, you would cut your commute to the course dramatically compared to coming from Seattle.

Feel free to PM me with specific questions. I work in downtown Seattle and grew up in Tacoma so I know the areas pretty well.

Last edited:
Guys,

Something just came up where I can only play in the morning on the 8th. I would have to be back to Seattle by 3pm at the latest. Otherwise, I can't go.

Sorry if this screws up plans.

-DRR

Back