Building My First Club Taylormade UDI

Gulby

#SemiPro
Reaction score
Handicap
RCGA 12.9
So I'm thinking about building a nice fairway finder off the tee. I have a Taylormade UDI 4i but the C-Taper shaft is it is way to light and feels like a noodle for my swing.
I want to go about getting a Project X Hzrdus Black for it, but I have questions!

I've been told I need to get the Hybrid offering in the shaft, I take it a heavier weight is probably better, been looking for the 110grm version.

I think 39 1\2" is right around the length needed, but the tip is where I'm confused. The Hzrdus is offered in a .370 from my understanding and the Taylormade UDI in a .355. What do I need to do to make this work?

Thanks a lot!

If you have a taper tip shaft you have a taper tip head and you will have to get a shaft with a taper tip. You can't make a parallel tip shaft work. I am not positive but I believe .355 is a taper tip diameter. Parallel tips come in .335, .350 and .370 diameters.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

You can ream out the hosel to .370, 0.015 is not a lot to a steel hosel

Or get an experienced club builder to do it

There is no need to ream anything and risk totally ruining your head. There are 71 entries on ebay for graphite shafts alone ( taper tip ) and countless steel ones. A lot of entries are for full sets because taper tip shafts come weight matched where each shaft in the set weighs the same but you can buy individual shafts too and they come already cut to length. If you are short or tall and play a different length for example +1" = 2 iron or -1" = 6 iron. Most entries give flex, weight, torque and ball flight. Have fun.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Back