Arccos Caddie coming 5/22

InHartWeTrust

Ball Go Far.
Reaction score
Handicap
4-5ish
According to this video it's coming on 5/22 for anyone with 5 round as a "in app subscription with a free trial period". So am I correct in understanding that this going to be a paid add on subscription? I was always under the impression this was a free upgrade, perhaps I was being naive

https://youtu.be/GaB9Of5sqF8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dislike all apps that charge a fee. Especially when there are free apps that can offer something similar to this.

When I first read about this feature last week, I too thought it was going to be a free added feature. I would love to use it, but I don't think I can justify $20/month for it.

compares it to how similar players faired while playing the same hole you are about to start. Arccos’ database includes more than 61 million shots and 386 million geotagged data points on more than 40,000 courses. Machine learning and sophisticated algorithms simulate you playing the holes tens of thousands of times using various club combinations and strategies. The system then shows which combination of your shots is most likely to yield the lowest score.

very interesting.

would probably not have much benefit on the non-popular courses

$100/year might be a bit much for most

I love Arccos, but can't see this really being helpful unless you play flat courses with no wind. There are holes at my home course where I might be hitting a PW at 8am and a 7I in the afternoon.

Then there is a similar length par 3 playing the opposite direction where I would likely hit 8I in the morning and a 9 or PW in the afternoon.

So while I am sure the data can be very useful you still need a brain to think for yourself and assess the conditions.

It also doesn't remove the ego... while the prudent play is likely to take an extra club and swing for the middle of the green how many players will listen to the AI and actually make the same play?

For $20/month $100 annually.. no chance for this hack.

If they had enough data on that hole, they'd be able to infer that the tendency would be to need more club at the different times of day.

Now of course if the winds are different Thant he usual prevailing winds this could mess you up. I wonder, since recommending clubs makes it nonconforming anyway, if it's using available weather data to make suggestions.

Their application of looking at geography to account for elevation changes will be huge, they will have to nail it there.

Regarding the wind, I agree...if winds are high, until it can link in with real time weather conditions it is going to have some challenges.

If they had enough data on that hole, they'd be able to infer that the tendency would be to need more club at the different times of day.

Now of course if the winds are different Thant he usual prevailing winds this could mess you up. I wonder, since recommending clubs makes it nonconforming anyway, if it's using available weather data to make suggestions.

Think back to the THP tv spot wit Mike Yagley called "The Perfect Club". Pretty interesting parallel.

Of course I should have read the article before I commented - interesting that they're using anticipated wind speed to try to keep this USGA legal. If it tells you _why_ it's adjusting distances, I think that's still useful. If not, could really mess you up.

Think back to the THP tv spot wit Mike Yagley called "The Perfect Club". Pretty interesting parallel.

That was actually the first thing I thought of when I saw this posted.

so you pay $250 for it, then they want to tack on $20 a month subscription? No thanks, pass. I'll stick with the URCaddy app.

Being an arccos user when I updated the Arccos app on my iPhone the Arccos caddie shows up as a beta now in the app. As I have 5 rounds of data it will work on my phone and is free until July 1st.

I opened it up on my local course... and so far I am not impressed at all. It is showing that I should hit 7I off the tee because my average with that club is 211-217... Now I am quite the internet golfer but I am not hitting my 7I no 211 yards, at least not in one swing.

Guessing some kinks in the system that will be ironed out, but will update if I try this out on the course.

Was given access to this same as Mancest and I put it in play on hole number 9 told me to hit 5W then 7I and I should make a 5 based on my statistical data. I changed it to hitting my driver and it said 5.1 would be my score. I put up a 3. Definite kinks to be worked out but still pretty cool that it will show you the data for the clubs and how your score will change based on the club you select.

I like the new UI with the update

Being an arccos user when I updated the Arccos app on my iPhone the Arccos caddie shows up as a beta now in the app. As I have 5 rounds of data it will work on my phone and is free until July 1st.

I opened it up on my local course... and so far I am not impressed at all. It is showing that I should hit 7I off the tee because my average with that club is 211-217... Now I am quite the internet golfer but I am not hitting my 7I no 211 yards, at least not in one swing.

Guessing some kinks in the system that will be ironed out, but will update if I try this out on the course.

Obviously you have been working out.

Hopefully they get these fixed before 7/1, would hate for people to be charged for something thats broke

Arccos Caddie coming 5/22

Still waiting to get my 5 rounds in so I can demo it for free through June, but I don't see how this won't have to eventually drop in price regardless - a crappy launch may just accelerate that. I'm the one of the few people on here or two other boards I read who has said "I'll pay the $100, no problem" - most said they will elect to pass based on pricing. Thatll be especially true if it has these kind of massive bugs, no one will adopt the tech and they will be forced to lower the price.

Back