Branson June 26th through 28th unofficial THP gathering

This is the next item up on my golf calendar, can't wait!

Eric, harvey gets in Thursday 11am. I was thinking about playing rivercut that afternoon, perhaps you him, dan and myself could play

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

We had out member guest at millwood this past weekend, the rough is like velcro, all I can say is stay in the fairways boys :D

As excited as I am for the Branson weekend to get here I have a mini vacation with the GF the first part of next week that has me excited, but after that, come on Branson!

I want to see lots of pictures from that course phil, you are going to have a blast up there

As excited as I am for the Branson weekend to get here I have a mini vacation with the GF the first part of next week that has me excited, but after that, come on Branson!

Eric, harvey gets in Thursday 11am. I was thinking about playing rivercut that afternoon, perhaps you him, dan and myself could play

That would be great.

Just 2.5 weeks away fellas. Man am I getting stoked about this event. Normally I have 2-3 tournaments that are on my mind this time of year, and this year they are not even a blip on the radar due to thinking so much about this outing. I am finding myself doing a lot more tweaking to my clubs than normal, so hopefully I can get everything finalized in the next 2 weeks......if any of you guys will be staying around a few extra days, there are a couple of great local courses that can be played for fairly cheap. Rivercut is a great course and plays host to a Buy dot com qualifier almost every year....it can be played thru the week for around $42 with cart and there is a newer course called Indian tree that is a really neat set up that is about 30 minutes from Springfield that can be played for $26 a person with cart....really neat course. I am going to take a few days off that week, so I will be available for any extra golf after this great weekend Shane has put together.

Are all 18 holes open at Indian Tree Eric? There were only 11 holes open last fall and Brad (the head pro) guessed only 15 or 16 would be finished this summer when we discussed it this winter. Indian Tree is (or will be) really interesting. I've only played the original nine a few times but I got to tour the back nine under construction and WOWZER gonna be some tough shots. I'm thinking if there is a hole or three not completely finished, Brad might well let some of us from THP play them anyway, for the good publicity.

Safe to say I'm ready for this. Off on business this week and done real early in the day, so I'm pounding the range every day. Can't wait to head down to Branson and have a great time.

count me in. Love that course...plus it is 3 minutes from my house.

Are all 18 holes open at Indian Tree Eric? There were only 11 holes open last fall and Brad (the head pro) guessed only 15 or 16 would be finished this summer when we discussed it this winter. Indian Tree is (or will be) really interesting. I've only played the original nine a few times but I got to tour the back nine under construction and WOWZER gonna be some tough shots. I'm thinking if there is a hole or three not completely finished, Brad might well let some of us from THP play them anyway, for the good publicity.

They had 15 holes open total. I really like this course as it has large greens with a lot of undulation. The fairways are a little patchy, but the layout is really cool. Once this course is all grown in, it will be one of the top courses in the area. It has some very tough holes....especially a few par 3's. We played the tips, and one par 3 was 256 yards and one of the par 3's on the back was 242. I had only played the course one time prior and it was a few years ago when it was only 9 holes. At $26 with cart, this course is a great value......the drive is a bit more than I like, but I think it is worth it.

Its a nice sunny day here today, I am going to play millwood this afternoon, I will get some pictures of holes for you guys.

Now that's a great idea Shane. Tease us more than you already have.
Have fun out there today.

Last edited:
Looking forward to the pics Shane. With all the rains and now the hot weather, Millwood has to be in near perfect condition. That rough is probably too perfect though. Scary tidbit for those planning to play the Friday round at Millwood; they mandate carts remain on the paths or on the fairways. The pampered rough there might be the toughest in the area.

So with this thing getting closer, how are we handling golf pairings and lodging arrangements? Assuming you are on top of it, Shane, or do you need any help?

Dan, the rough is like Velcro, if you get deep in the rough just try to chop it back into the fairway with a wedge.
Playing early Saturday if you want to come out

Looking forward to the pics Shane. With all the rains and now the hot weather, Millwood has to be in near perfect condition. That rough is probably too perfect though. Scary tidbit for those planning to play the Friday round at Millwood; they mandate carts remain on the paths or on the fairways. The pampered rough there might be the toughest in the area.

Ryan,

I am going to start working on pairings this week. I will e-mail you and we can work on the lodging together.
There are 4 of us staying in branson Thursday night (as of now) how will we get in the condo since you will not be down until Friday?

So with this thing getting closer, how are we handling golf pairings and lodging arrangements? Assuming you are on top of it, Shane, or do you need any help?

Ryan,

I am going to start working on pairings this week. I will e-mail you and we can work on the lodging together.
There are 4 of us staying in branson Thursday night (as of now) how will we get in the condo since you will not be down until Friday?

Find an open window? They have a front desk area that you check in at and I'll give them your name. Shouldn't be an issue.

Find an open window? They have a front desk area that you check in at and I'll give them your name. Shouldn't be an issue.
You the man :)

I'm skinny, I can sneak through the mail slot.

We have one spot open. TBT cannot make it.
Post here whoever wants the spot.

Sorry to hear that Tim. Hope everything is alright.

Back