The best shot of the round

Haha my partners appeared envious and tight mouthed. Jerks.
Only 2 guys I know like that I'd amart and fupresti but no way it's them

Although my best shot was probably a 35 foot birdie putt from the fringe for birdie, I'm most proud of a 9 iron from 158 to back left pin that I played a perfect little draw into, just as I had envisioned. So cool to occasionally pull those off.

After a drive on a 300 yd par 4 that had me just left of the green, I hit a 54 degree from here, under the tree but landed soft enough to one hop in the rough and then release onto the green

8007f3258f5d9c061dd25fe1f30c2e3d.jpg

To here for a tap in birdie

d7d0952b876e51bb672c26c3207b8de3.jpg

Very nice!

Two come to mind today at Reserve Run. One was a 300y 4w drive that landed left of the green. The other was over driving the green with the driver at the same course a couple holes later. Took a par on both and have witnesses to back the claim.

After a 39 on the front courtesy starting with a double bogey, went Bogey, Bogey on 9 and 10, pars till 17 where I drove the green (playing only 244 yards, but 4 Bunkers and water on right side all the way around the back of the green with my new for me) 3 Wood and left my Eagle putt 2 rolls short,
then hit the 18th (Par 5 playing 498 yards) in 2 ( Hit Driver/3 Hybrid) and left that eagle putt 1 roll short.

Two come to mind today at Reserve Run. One was a 300y 4w drive that landed left of the green. The other was over driving the green with the driver at the same course a couple holes later. Took a par on both and have witnesses to back the claim.
300 yd 4w? That's like top 1% of the PGA tour long.....

Great shot buddy. Always feels good to hit a bomb. I've gotten lucky enough to drive a couple of greens lately. T0AD has a 4w that he crushes, too. I've began to ponder one to see if I can have similar success.

I think I have two favorite shots:

100 yards from the green in the deep rough (waist high grass) my ball found the only clear spot in the middle of all the rough and had about as perfect of a Lie you could ask for in that crud. Hit my wedge and pitched a perfect shot that stopped about 2 feet from the pin!

On the last hole of one round, out of frustration from playing horrible the whole round, I decided to get down this par 5 hole with just my 7 iron. My 5th shot was about 30 yards from the green. I hit a bump and run and ran it to within 5 inches of the hole for a bogey putt.

Long par four and I had 207 yards to the green. Hit a nice 3h to about 25 feet pin high right of the flag and just barely missed the birdie putt. Second toughest hole on the course.

Had a 30 yard bunker shot that I stiffed to 3' and drained the bird

Today's SOTD, 74 yards over a bunker to a really tight pin. Choked down to the shaft on my PM 58 and took a full swing. Landed, barely missed the stick, stuck at about 20". Made the putt.
Not my shot of today, but Thursday evening after work, was a 4W I got out to 291. Verified by two witnesses. Granted, the last 1/3 of the fairway is downhill, but it was a bomb, nonetheless.
Great shot buddy. Always feels good to hit a bomb. I've gotten lucky enough to drive a couple of greens lately. T0AD has a 4w that he crushes, too. I've began to ponder one to see if I can have similar success.
Seriously, I have hardly even been hitting driver lately. I outdrove my partner today every time with my 4W. He hits a 910D2.

I had 92 yards to a pin tucked into the back of a green. Hit a 3/4 54* that landed a couple feet past the hole and then spun back to about 18" in front of the cup. Cool to watch.

Also hit a drive today to a place that I have never reached off the tee on a particular hole. No clue how far it went, but it was pretty darn long. On the screws with an 815/Chrome Soft is beastly.

The best shot of the round

4-man scramble today. #1 handicapped hole, long par 5. We had one in the fairway, so I decided to use my red tee shot. Had a super long carry to cover the water so I picked a spot and went for it and pushed it just a touch and it hit a limb. Decided to use my mulligan and aimed a little more left and absolutely crushed it. We were left with 107. Went on to make eagle. The 815 with the LZ gives me so much confidence over the ball.

4c1a0ca11f18ab28c5cf3fa338b3fb47.jpg

Last edited:
High draw with helping wind = beast.

Nothing today, 4W was not working, plenty of n opportunities and plenty of well struck hits, but pushed lleftor sliced right. Maybe I'll post in this thread tomorrow.

325y par 4. Took driver down the middle and was surprised to see what looked like a cart path bounce right in the middle of the fairway. Turns out at about 250 yards there's a drainage depression in the fairway over which a short cart path runs. I hit the path square and picked up another 50 yards. Lucky but still my favorite shot today.

Either the ~33 foot put on the 13th, or the drive on the 3rd.. That drive was LONG, about 340 yards. (Downwind, landed downhill, but still)

Had a 25 footer curling in for birdie, it was dying into the center of the cup, hit the back edge and popped out resting 2 inches from the cup. Upon further inspection the cup was in horrible shape from abuse. Hey when the game is off, the golf gods make sure there is no relief.

Ball was about 3 foot off the green with 15 feet of green to the hole. Two breaks. Did a bump and run with my 8 iron and drained it! :egyptian:

Hit a perfect 6i yesterday to a 167 yd par 3 and had about 4ft left for bird, pin high. Drained it!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

My best yesterday was a 52° wedge from 120 yards to 2 feet. Pin was in a low bowl in the back of the green and I hit a perfect little knockdown that landed 20 feet short and snugged up close for an east birdie

Couple putts for me.
Rolled in a downhill birdie putt from 20+ feet on 9.
Rolled in a 25' putt from the collar on the par 5 17th to save par after a Penalty and win our WOLF match.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

On #18 I hit a drive that left me 203 into the green. I pull my Heavenwood and with a nice smooth swing it landed just short as I wanted and rolled up to about 8ft for birdie.

The Heavenwood is quickly becoming my go to club.

Two candidates today. One I hit the flagstick on the fly from 93 yards with a sand wedge. Landed 2 feet past the cup but the deflection from the flag stick made it end up about 15 feet away. Second was on a par 5 where I had about 210 to the center in from the rough. Had a good lie so I hit my 4 hybrid with a beautiful high draw that ended up right in the middle of the green. Twp putt birdie!

Back