The best shot of the round

Before Sunday, I'd been pin high or at least level with the green plenty of times, but not ON the green. Sunday I was on in two on the sixth and eighteenth holes. Both had multi-tiered greens and I was on the wrong one. Putting for eagle is a lot more satisfying than chipping for eagle. Amirite?

Yes you are!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fivesome (including two mower guys) let me play through on par-3 9th hole. They wanted drinks if I made HIO. I hit 3h to 3 feet. Ha-ha on them!

P.S. Two putts for par....

Here I am sizing up my second shot on the par 4 fifth hole. It was all downhill from there.

f804a6c768b07985f43f4fd4d476528e.jpg

18 footer dropping for birdie was probably the best today.

210 yard heavenwood with a tail wind to 20 ft. to set up an eagle.

Yes. It was woefully short, as was the first putt on the green. It was a pathetic par, and I had much of the same abysmal short game the rest of the round.

Yes. It was woefully short, as was the first putt on the green. It was a pathetic par, and I had much of the same abysmal short game the rest of the round.

Bump and run with a GW or PW from there next time. Chutt only if pin if tight on the front of that green. I am not Roger Cleveland or Dave Pelz but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express Wednesday night..haha

The last time I was pin high on that hole I chipped with an 8i and ran it twenty feet by. The greens have been sorely inconsistent lately, especially with the rain we had today. My short game has been my saving grace recently, so I'm baffled. Lots of practice tomorrow planned.

Short par 3 117yds down wind. I hit 50* GW to about 10 ft and made the birdie putt.

3/4 wedge from 96 yards to 6 feet.

Also, last hole I hit the fairway and it was long for me. Tough driving hole, so appreciated that.

U make the putt?

Sure didn't lol.

Best shot of my last round was 119 yard uphill to a pin that I could only see the top of.
52 degree wedge to 6 feet and made the birdie that was worth $30. The foursome had a $10 bounty on birdies.

Best shot for me today was a knockdown 9 iron from 148yds on the the par three 11th. Ball landed a foot or two right of the flag and danced around the flag by a couple inches and settled 3 feet away.

3w fron light rough 205 to pin. Flushed it to 8 feet. Bird lipped out. Was happy with par.

Today was on an uphill par 3 145 yards plays about 155/160

Swung an easy 7i to about 35 feet left of the flag.

The the shot of the day was the 35 ft. Putt for birdie!

180 out to 2 feet from the pin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

48 wedge from 150 to 8' (tailwind). Birdie putt drained.

Eventually, and I truly mean eventually, one of these are bound to go in for my first hole in one..... but not today.. from 185..

Now that is an amazing shot.

Par 3, 165m, big draw into the flag that actually caught the flag and dropped then somehow kicked back. God it looked good in the air though.

Untitled by metroid87, on Flickr

8 iron from 155 yards. Had about 145 yds of carry over water and the green sloped pretty big from back to front where the pin was. They really wanted you to attack the pin which brought in the water. Intead I threw it up into the tailwind past the pin and let it roll back toward the hole. Felt so good I dropped another and did it again! Left me about 4 ft for birdie...with both shots.

dcf8f14045e2ee7f9399e0c523ca3a79.jpg
Save those for July. Hahaha

Back