The 2015 Gauntlet w/ Callaway Golf - THP Major Series

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THP has a full schedule of close to 20 events in 2015 and part of that schedule is the Major Series, presented by Callaway Golf. The Major Series features 3 events (The King, The Gauntlet & The Grandaddy) and are considered by many, the pinnacle of the event scheduled, especially considering the MVP Tie In (see below) To read about the entire 2015 THP Events Calendar, click here.

Do you have what it takes to run the Gauntlet?

A look at the 2014 Recap Video From This Event

Qualifying
THP Events are held throughout the year and are incredibly unique ways to share a round or weekend with THPers and are filled with equipment, prizes and more. Your ticket to enter these events is the 2015 Albatross Club membership which goes to help the organization Folds of Honor and for more information on that, click here.

When & Where
September 12th-13th, 2015
Chicago, IL
Cog Hill - Dubsdread & Ravines

Format
This event is a team event with six teams of four.
Each team is captained by a member of #ZooCrew from Callaway Golf. You can meet each of these captains here.

Running the Gauntlet involves playing multiple rounds of golf, each on a different course as a member of a unique 4 person team. Who can survive the Gauntlet?

Special Guest
Joining in on the fun will be the legend and icon himself, Roger Cleveland. Friday evening he will be spending time meeting each participant (THPer) at the opening dinner and then Saturday morning will be at the range working with THPers before the round. Part of that will be doing a little thing called Wedgeucation and I can assure everybody, that you will not want to miss this, or the Live Update Thread that comes from it.

Wedges
The Gauntlet could not welcome Roger Cleveland to the mix without also making sure everybody has the right weapon to get Wedgeucated with, so each participant will receive a brand new Callaway wedge (TBA).

Skill Level
ALL skill levels are welcome and we mean that with everything we stand for. In addition this is open to men and women over the age of 18.

THP Major Series
The Gauntlet is the second stop of the 2015 THP Major Series. For more information on this and how it means you could get an automatic spot in the #TheGrandaddy of Em All, click here for details.

Prizes
TBA - Cool Gear From Callaway
Spot in THP Hall of Fame
Beautiful Trophies

Dinner
Dinner will be included each night as part of this event. Matchups will be announced at that time.
Friday Night - Local Restaurant that THP selected
Saturday Night - Top Golf

Cost
Cost for event is $399 & this includes
2 Rounds of Golf at the beautiful Cog Hill Golf & Country Club
Top Golf w/ your captain and team with food & drinks
Dinners Each night with THPers & Zoo Crew members from Callaway Golf
Range Balls before round
Callaway Headwear (Team Colors)
Callaway Swag Bag - Each captain is putting together a custom swag bag for their team. Could be just about anything.
$100 deposit due at signup and that is non-refundable. The remainder of balance is due 30 days prior to event.

Lodging
We have arranged a discounted rate at the Hyatt Place Naperville/Warrenville Hotel. A king bed room is $107/night, and a room with 2 double beds is $117/night. Breakfast and free wifi is included with your stay. This does NOT include the 10.65% tax. To make a reservation please call the hotel directly at 1-800-590-2796 and let them know you are with The Hackers Paradise group.
The Cut-off date to get these rates is August 20th.

Signing Up
Over the next few weeks, THP will begin launching some fun challenges, contests and other items to gain entry in this event. Each one will have multiple winners and will complete a team of four with their Callaway Golf captain.

There is a catch however, you will have to select what captain you want to play for, prior to the event. Each captain put together an "audition video" (they will be posted soon) and you will only be able to enter contests for three captains. So choose wisely based on what they had to say.

Teams
DNevs - Mward, cbaker2882, Adamw238
JRod - PhillyV, Nick_Pingel, myndcraft
Scotty G - amsmith61, mancest, bendalbey
Ethanator - Jrod, wadesworld, drp3434
Rhiona - captaincaution, brianmk24, Miller Time
AJ - Six4Three5, hickerad, Amart

Last edited by a moderator:
choosing a captain in advance....so many good ones to pick from

Very cool. Gonna be fun

• Admin
One thing to add. There just might be some cool equipment out there to test out too...hmmm

So cool. Time to start doing a little captaincy homework.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I already know who I'm picking as a captain.

Oh, wow.

Picking a captain in advance will be tough.

3 captains to choose from, 2 rounds at Cog Hill, #ZooCrew, TopGolf - the list goes on, this is going to be fantastic!!

And while you think you know whom you want to play for.....videos may change your mind. Just saying!

This was one of the most fun events I have ever had the honor of participating in. I love the twist of only being able to enter for a few possible captains. Each of these people are fantastic, while each certainly have different personalities.

Oh yeah.....and a 5.55555555556% chance of winning a spot into the #Grandaddy!!!

Cog Hill. Callaway. Top Golf. Portillos?!?!

Sounds like my jam.

Oh yeah.....and a 5.55555555556% chance of winning a spot into the #Grandaddy!!!
Kind of crazy to see that but it's pretty darn good odds at getting in the greatest event ever planned and all of the while being able to enjoy something as awesome as this.

I cannot wait to see some of these challenges to get in! I am 100% in for all of them, I MUST make the Gauntlet!

Pick the captain in advance.....what a great twist!

Kind of crazy to see that but it's pretty darn good odds at getting in the greatest event ever planned and all of the while being able to enjoy something as awesome as this.

I like them odds, better odds than TW winning the US Open! :angel:

Mvp mvp mvp mvp!

This excites the hell out of me to watch unfold!

Wow, that's too much great info for a Friday morning, plus that little equipment testing ponder by JB....

Wow, that's too much great info for a Friday morning, plus that little equipment testing ponder by JB....
Oh it's real brother...

Such an awesome event in 2014. I'm sure THP and Callaway will up the fun factor in 2015!

You can enter for 3 captains? That makes things easier. I already quizzed them and know my three then!

Yeah so this has me excited. Looking forward to the sign up challenges and contests.

I are ready.

What an incredible event, I sure wish it would have worked out into the schedule, I know the MVP will be a hot prize everyone will be shooting for, but how sticking cool of an event to participate in regardless!

I am already deep in the process of over analyzing what captains to peruse...strategery.

Would love to get a chance to play along side the zoocrew again. Last years Gauntlet memories are still dancing like sugarplums in my head. I have two captains I would go to war with anyday of the week

Going to be a fantastic event. Wish I had the ability to enter this one, but a work conflict will keep me out. Great team captains. I think I know which 3 I'd pick if I could try for this one. Callaway always delivers!

Back