Cobra Fly-Z Driver Review

WOW that looks sharp! Is that the green that is "standardly" available or is that a special edition color???

"Green Lizard" limited color for Golfsmith.

Theres a couple looks of it out in light around out there, and hoooooooooly crap.

I am a Huuuuuuge fan of matte colors but wow this finish may be one of the coolest I've ever seen

I am a Huuuuuuge fan of matte colors but wow this finish may be one of the coolest I've ever seen

It honestly makes me want to get one and MAKE it fit me.

Thats not good. LOL

That is so damn sweet looking. Looks like a classic car.

Oh, hi.

be67b92b50fc77a9c7b2da7c3a804bad.jpg

a37f22614b2a5ca3203dc216820f64de.jpg

Is that in for your personal review?
Just to tinker. Hawk already reviewed the flyz, link is in the first post of this thread, its good stuff!

Just to tinker. Hawk already reviewed the flyz, link is in the first post of this thread, its good stuff!
Thanks, I checked the first post after I made that one

I got one of these a few weeks ago, at a scramble.
Put in the Stock Stiff shaft (Matrix), and really see some good results - I have put it into play about 6 rounds, and practice, I think I have it tuned in.
Low ball flight (for me), at my 103-ish swing speed, I am seeing results that are in the 270 to 300 neighborhood. Carried a bunker at 265 last weekend, so it does have some carry to it.
I also own the BioCell, Px 6.0 shaft - I see higher ball flight with the BioCell as compared to the FlyZ.
This club will be with me in Pittsburgh. Hope it performs as I know it can!

I'm a little surprised these haven't gotten more attention around here - only a 3-page review thread? With the recent price drop I'm taking a long look at these - longer than I should, given my recent purchases, anyway...

I'm a little surprised these haven't gotten more attention around here - only a 3-page review thread? With the recent price drop I'm taking a long look at these - longer than I should, given my recent purchases, anyway...
I've also been intrigued by these now with the price drop...but I doubt I will buy anything for now...just another long term ponder (which will be replaced when shiny new things appear)

There's another Fly-Z review thread that was started by Hawk with another 4 pages of reviews. But you're right, most of the reviews have been in the Fly-Z+ review threads. I've had mine for about a month and its the most forgiving driver I've ever owned. I consistently hit the inside half of the face and I'm not losing much distance at all. If I leave the face open it still slices on me, but a solid swing that doesn't catch the sweet spot is still going to go a long way for you.

So I have been playing with my new Fly Z that I picked up used on eBay a few weeks ago. It arrived in spectaular condition. However, the more I use it, the less comfortable I start to feel with it. Even though the rear weight and the club face are supposed to encourage more forgiveness, I feel like the face is really hard. The pitch of the head is much higher than my Bio Cell as well. I did some head to head with it the first time I got it but I feel like the next time I go to the range I need to compare them again. I just don't feel like I'm getting the spring off the face that I did with my bio Cell and that I'm even hitting my Bio Cell 3w the same distance as my Fly Z. Its almost like I can feel the flex of the face on the Bio Cell but the Fly Z is just really hard.

For those who have had both, how would you describe the feel between the 2 heads?

I demo'd several new drivers and I selected the Fly-Z driver. I am 63 and have a swing speed in the 90's. I have been swinging Taylormade drivers but this baby put them to shame. I have it set at 10.5 degrees with regular flex shaft. I am hitting the ball with a slight draw now. I love it. Maybe I needed a Max Game Improvement driver all along. I will be looking to Cobra for any new clubs.

Have one of these for sell in the forum if anyone is interested/pondering!

I am still loving this driver and I am even thinking about purchasing a spare head in case mine breaks. Does anyone know what was the MOI figure of this head? I am trying to compare it to the latest Ping G 400 that is over 9000 MOI.
The level of forgiveness that I still get from this club is ridiculous.

Back