2015 US Open Contest & Official Thread - Amazing Cobra PUMA Prizes

Why don't they just start building courses where 30 yards in front of each tee box is a giant tree.

Everyone has the same opportunity to take their shot through the branches without hitting anything. Sounds perfectly fair to me!

I played that course!

Just curious. Did anyone select Tiger prior to the tournament in their picks for the contest in this thread?

I think JB said that Tiger was the most selected player for the contest.

Seriously.

Gotta give Tiger credit. He continues to set all sorts of personal records these days.

Gotta give Tiger credit. He continues to set all sorts of personal records these days.
He's just trying to get his money's worth out there.

Had to take care of a sick baby at home yesterday, so I got to watch the first round and came away with 2 main things:

1. Tiger will never win again.
2. If I had to pick a course to play based on what it looks like on TV, I wouldn't pick Chambers Bay in a million years. My 4 year old asked why they were playing on dirt instead of grass. Hopefully it looks better in person.

Whatever deal Tiger made with the devil to be as great as he was - it appears the devil is collecting early!

It's like a train wreck.. sad to see, but you can't not watch.

Wow just Villegas in that bunker that lead him to a triple, brutal

almost looks like a optical illusion

wow I didn't realise it was that bad.

I seriously cant believe Rickie did even worse than Tiger yesterday! Hopefully that group will turn things around today because 2 birds between the 3 of them isnt cutting it haha

Oof. That's tough to stomach.

These links style courses are fine for the European circuit and an occasional US Championship. But using this style of course all the time isn't United States golf. I miss tree lined courses and an occasional water hazard. Maybe the Medinah's/ Sahalle's are too short now for these guys?

I just want Fox to tell me or display on the screen what the players current position is, what hole they are playing and what shot they're playing. If they can do that then they win me over with the broadcast, otherwise I was a little lost trying to figure out position, hole and what shot they were hitting

I enjoyed the marquee group coverage yesterday morning, it was pretty cool, but for the afternoon group... it was painful, they were playing like hacks. I tried to check the usopen 360 channel... did they show any golf on there?

the signature holes channel was interesting for a while but it gets old watching the same hole over and over

I liked what Greg Norman brought to the broadcast yesterday, hope he stays on course. Based on interviews and articles I've read about him over the years, I fully expected him to be Faldo-esque, so I am pleasantly surprised. Now if the course/USGA could do something about the drunks...man it was getting out of hand down the stretch. I'm talking about the patrons, not Tiger.

Now if the course/USGA could do something about the drunks...man it was getting out of hand down the stretch. I'm talking about the patrons, not Tiger.

maybe Tiger could have used a few drinks.....

should have went thru the clowns mouth...

I just want Fox to tell me or display on the screen what the players current position is, what hole they are playing and what shot they're playing. If they can do that then they win me over with the broadcast, otherwise I was a little lost trying to figure out position, hole and what shot they were hitting

That was my biggest gripe. I can live with everything else. In fact I thought it was very similar to other broadcast networks in most regards, except that. Showing the players score and hole for 6 to 8 seconds and then taking it off the screen. Who thought that was a good idea? What is that production meeting even like. "I know viewers want this information but lets only show it to them for a few seconds."

Dammit JB, I wanted to come in with a clean slate today and give CB another chance then I see this to start my morning :alien:

Just curious. Did anyone select Tiger prior to the tournament in their picks for the contest in this thread?

I think JB said that Tiger was the most selected player for the contest.

Seriously.

I saw that but I looked in the fantasy golf stats for players picked and did not find his name, the $600,000 price tag had him about 1000% over valued.

Back