PING iE1 Irons Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
made them look more masculine and will make Taylor Made fans happy.

ktnmyqL.png

This guy's mockup (from another site) is better:

hWNzxpB.png

Last edited:
made them look more masculine and will make Taylor Made fans happy.

ktnmyqL.png

This guy's mockup (from another site) is better:

I think I like the blue more than the red, but like the no color version better - sort of getting into the territory of the Srixon irons.

While I said it before the looks don't wow me I bet they perform

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They look like Ping irons. I am kind of surprised at the responses from everyone like they were expecting something else.

I am wondering if these are completely Mike Nicollette free designs.

They look like Ping irons. I am kind of surprised at the responses from everyone like they were expecting something else.

I am wondering if these are completely Mike Nicollette free designs.

I guess you're right. I just like simpler I guess.

I think the real change for Ping is going to be no up charge shaft options if Internet rumors are to be trusted

I don't actually know the answer, but this would be interesting given the route they have gone in the past.

I don't actually know the answer, but this would be interesting given the route they have gone in the past.
I believe there will, in fact, be three or four options with only one being a version of the cfs shafts.

I believe there will, in fact, be three or four options with only one being a version of the cfs shafts.

Not going to lie, I'm shocked, but would assume it's to follow the market. Don't think it's a bad thing for options.

I like the look and profile of these and can't wait to give them a try. My question would be what have PING done to improve the finish bc I know quite a few people were disappointed in the i20s (got rid of mine) and 25s for delaminating issues. If the finish problem has been corrected I'll probably grab set.

I like the looks of these irons. If I was ever to move away from Callaway clubs, this is probably the way I would go.

I like the look and profile of these and can't wait to give them a try. My question would be what have PING done to improve the finish bc I know quite a few people were disappointed in the i20s (got rid of mine) and 25s for delaminating issues. If the finish problem has been corrected I'll probably grab set.

I'm pretty sure after it continued on the i25's they fixed the issue on the later releases.

Thanks that's good to know GG. I hadn't followed their resolution closely.

I am positive that I will own a set of these, for no other reason than I am a Ping homer, and I wish I never moved on from my i20s.

Thanks that's good to know GG. I hadn't followed their resolution closely.

We had sent a few of the early sets back, but haven't had an issue since last fall.

There is a really really good chance these wind up in my bag.

I'm a ping guy, so I have two things on my wish list for these.
1. I hope they have the I series forgiveness & playability. I have heard rumors that this new series will combine the i and s series into one with thinner top lines and soles than the i25s but thicker than the current s series. That wouldn't be the best for me. It's hard to tell from the pictures released so far, but they look like a continuation of the I series, which I like.
2. And this has nothing to do with playability of the club, but I wish ping would go with a naming sequence similar to titelist. Just call it the ping i and have a method to distinguish between releases. Maybe that is what the e1 is, but I really like the titelist method. 714 AP2. You have the AP2 iron released in 2014. Same iron family with whatever updates & refinements that year model brings with it. Simple and easy. I don't want to be playing the ping i55s in 12 years.

Looks, meh. I was expecting something different and really liked the i20/25 irons. The sound of 4 iron shafts is great and I hope they stuffed a ctp into that undercut cavity.

I have been playing my i20's for 4 years now and no delaminating or anything , they still look new , but then I clean them after every round and keep head covers on them !

I hope these come in for forum testing, can't wait to hear all about them.

Last edited:
I hope these some in for forum testing, can't wait to hear all about them.
I can't wait to get some swings in with them. I could see them going in the bag.

I'll be putting these in the bag for sure. Currently playing S55's and though I LOVE them when I'm "on", they hurt me a little on the off days. I would really like a melding together of an "i" series and the "s" series. My only question is do I get fitted right away, or do I wait for the 716 AP2's to be released....hmmmmm.

This would be spectacular !

And here I was thinking about going to get fitted for the i25. I shall wait a bit longer to get some new irons.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back